Outlook address resolution

XP with Outlook 2003 SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP2.  A user's login ID is TRISD
and it's the same as his Exchange alias.  When he typed in TRISD in cc: and
click on Check Name it was resolved.  Next time when he typed TRIS it
resolved his name automatically as Trisna, David <TRISJ>.  But if typed as
TRISD nothing get resolved automatically till click Check Name.  Using ADSI I
found TRISJ is a value of his LegacyExchangeDN.

Here are my questions:
  1. should the name within < > be from Alias or LegacyExchangeDN attribute?
 Looks like it's from LegacyExchangeDN since his alias is TRISD.

   2. my user wants to get his name resolved when typed TRISD and show
Trisna, David <TRISD> not <TRISJ>, what should I do?  Modify LegacyExchangeDN
attribute?  What nenative impact will be by doing this?

Thanks.

I think you should ask this on the Exchange Clients forum at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/threads for
two reasons: One is that this newsgroup is shutting down any day now. The
other, more important reason is that the fields available for name resolution
on controlled on the server, so the experienced Exchange admins who frequent
that forum are more likely to have an answer for you.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Chris" wrote:

> XP with Outlook 2003 SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP2.  A user's login ID is TRISD
> and it's the same as his Exchange alias.  When he typed in TRISD in cc: and
> click on Check Name it was resolved.  Next time when he typed TRIS it
> resolved his name automatically as Trisna, David <TRISJ>.  But if typed as
> TRISD nothing get resolved automatically till click Check Name.  Using ADSI I
> found TRISJ is a value of his LegacyExchangeDN.
>
> Here are my questions:
>   1. should the name within < > be from Alias or LegacyExchangeDN attribute?
>  Looks like it's from LegacyExchangeDN since his alias is TRISD.
>
>    2. my user wants to get his name resolved when typed TRISD and show
> Trisna, David <TRISD> not <TRISJ>, what should I do?  Modify LegacyExchangeDN
> attribute?  What nenative impact will be by doing this?
>
> Thanks.

Outlook 2003 not working in WIN 7 OS
Unable to collect emails in Outlook 2003 on WIN 7 OS. Error message requests microsoft Agent 2.0 from Office Disk. Tried HotFix from Win 7 Website, but it didn't work. Need detailed instructions on how to fix this problem. Thanks. ...

Viewing Outlook stationery
I just got the updated version of OE and when I get stationeries from friends, I can hear the music and see the background, but any pictures are not shown (jpgs or gifs)...any suggestions to fix that? Thanks Nancy <nparsons@comcast.net> wrote: > I just got the updated version of OE and when I get > stationeries from friends, I can hear the music and see > the background, but any pictures are not shown (jpgs or > gifs)...any suggestions to fix that? Your subject says "Outlook", but above you say "OE" (for Outlook Express). Which is it? They're n...

automate copying of mails in outlook
hi, how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for tools that may be able to help. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:%2394KYEFBFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? > thanks > > is there ...

Outlook 2000 e-mail
I receive e-mails with no problems, when I open them and read them still no problem. Its when I close the e-mail its gone no were to be found. Normally the e-mail should show icon of an open envelope,but my e-mails just disappear.... It's probably just hidden. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden messages should reappear. Also, make sure y...

Outlook Limit of 100 Selected Mail Items?
The subject is a little misleading. I can of course select more than 100 mail items, but Outlook starts to behave differently when I select more. I work on a public mailbox, where hundreds of mail items are managed using categories. In principle, there is a master category list that everyone uses; but in practice, of course, people add their own without telling everyone. When I select up to 100 items in this mailbox, right-click and select Categories, Outlook shows the list of Available categories, and any categories among the 100 selected items that are not in my Master Category List are in...

Setting default browser used in Outlook
Hi, I recently updated my Yahoo SBC DSL account with their recommended downloads, and now when I click on weblinks in emails, Outlook launches the Yahoo browser. I want to restore Outlook to use IE as the default browser when I click on a link in an email message. I use XP home version. I've not been able to figure out how to restore IE to be the default. (It must be too simple and I've overlooked the obvious, as I can't even find anything about default browsers in the Help files.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. John Start Internet Explorer | Tools ...

Outlook HTML & Text Messages
I have my Outlook 2002 set-up to send and reply/forward messages using the HTML format. However, recipients (including me as a .cc) receive the e-mail in the TEXT format. The messages always appear correct when viewing them in the SENT folder. I have experimented with various selections to NO avail. Please advise what I am overlooking. Are you using an ISP or Exchange server for mail? If Exchange, check with the admin to see if the server is set to strip formatting. BTW, not all people want or appreciate HTML mail so you may want to rethink that strategy. I do not like it and ...

how to sync my outlook with my palm pilot?
I don't know if it is possible but I was wondering if I could sync my outlook account at work with my palm pilot so I can check emails through the palm pilot? Obviously the palm pilot is connected to the internet! thanks! You need to install Chapura PocketMirror, usually included on the Palm OS installation disk. When prompted, select to sync with Outlook, not the Palm Desktop. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching goo...

How to suppress Outlook 2000 SP3 warning
Hi, I am using an Windows 2003 Active Directory and Exchange 2003 environment. We have a 3rd party software which will use MAPI to send email out on client PC. But everytime there's a dialog box pop up saying something like "An application is trying to send an email, do you want to allow, YES or NO button" when this 3rd party software trying to send an email. If I click YES, the email sent out successfully. Are there any way to suppress this warning message ? I know there's an option to suppress this dialog box in Outlook Express 6, but I couldn't find it in Outlook 2000...

Outlook 2003: 2 Users share 1 inbox, 1 POP/SMTP acct w/o Exchange Server?
My wife and I need to share a common Inbox in OL 2003. ( One logon at a time) We have seperate "contact Lists / Address Books" however we can share common In-Box sub-folders for saved email. We're not a business and I don't see a need for an "exchange server." How can this be done in Outlook 2003? It came with our new system. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Progress window
Any idea how I can get the Send/Receive progress window to popup every time I click send & receive. I'm presently using O2K3 with 3 hotmail a/c's and 1 pop mail, & am beginning to regret the move since the hotmail accounts are continually timing out, or "syncing" over each other. Do you have the box checked not to show that dialog? "Steve" <news_svaardt@hotmail_NOSPAM_.com> wrote in message news:uYcFUVJbFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Any idea how I can get the Send/Receive progress window to popup every > time I click send & recei...

exporting charts as high resolution images
I am trying to figure out a way to export excelXP charts as a high resolution image. I have toyed with the 'save as webpage' option, however this will only output files in either *.gif or *.png format and the highest resolution is 120dpi. Is there a way to export charts in a *.jpg or even better a *.bmp format at 300+ dpi resolution? Paul - JPG will not be better than GIF or PNG. I don't know how you'd export at a different resolution. I believe the drivers just use the Windows default settings for this. You could make a very large chart, which is exported at 72 or...

Select Names displays ; or , for address
When I open the select names dialog box and add a name, it simply puts a ; or a , in where the address should be and when I go into the message after I'm done nothing shows either. Thanks, Chon Sounds to me like you imported these Contacts. Provide all the details on how you created them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Chon Nguyen" <nospam@nothanks.org> wrote in message news:#6QbvJhzDHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open the select names dialog box and add a name, it simply puts a ; > or a , in where the address should be and when I go into the message a...

Lost Outlook completely
Outlook opened w/ a reinstallation request. No online MS references for this. GW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook opened w/ a reinstallation request. > No online MS references for this. Outlook is part of MS Office. Use your Office CD. ...

Outlook
Has anyone ever seen these errors? They are happening very regularly in Outlook and other office 2003 apps: ********* Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module rfxmsx32.dll, version 8.5.0.123, stamp 3d3fa429, debug? 0, fault address 0x000032be. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ********** Faulting application MSACCESS.EXE, version 9.0.0.6620, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x00008789. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go...

Outlook 2002 sound problem
I am trying to get Outlook to play a cool .wav file I downloaded for when I receive new mail. I went to the sounds section under the control panel and I set the "new mail" notification to play the .wav file, but when I get new mail, it still just beeps at me. Can anyone help? Robert Double check the list of events. In my list there were multiple New Mail type events. Assign the sound to all of them as a test. <lgrier@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:EGINe.798$ZD4.668@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I am trying to get Outlook to play a cool .wav file I downloaded ...

rules and alerts outlook question
I have a rules and alert set to filter out emails with a specific content. I don't want to move these emails to any folder once they come in. I want them to disappear once they are sent to me. can this be set up? I have outlook 2007. regards Roger Use the Delete Permanently action. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "rvaede" <rvaedex23@gmail.com> wrote ...

Outlook XP Contacts
Hi everyone! Could someone tell me how to set up multiple contact lists? I would like to set up liststhat would allow me to separate family and friends from my business contacts and students. I tried doing it once and it would not let me send email to any of the people on that address/contact list. Thanks in advance! -- Karen Whooley President, Cretive Design and Development Crochet Legacy http://www.crochetlegacy.com > Hi everyone! > > Could someone tell me how to set up multiple contact lists? I would > like to set up liststhat would allow me to separate family and >...

Cannot update offline address book
Dear all, One of the user cannot update his offline address book in outlook 2002. After I downloaded the address book (Full detail) in his laptop, it show an old offline address book which should be last year time. I have try to create a new offline folder file and a new profile for the window, but still not work. Its work fine in another laptop which using his mailbox. Do u have any ideas on that? (using exchange 5.5 server and win2k for client) Pls help. Thanks. Fredo ...

address lists overview
I'm looking for a good article that will help me create my address lists that will be available to all my outlook clients and OWA clients, as well as mobile clients (in the future). Can anypone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Doni Hi, Well you do not need to read any article about that. You can go to recipients- address list and then add a new one. Then configure the security permissions and the filter (witch users will appear on taht new address list) Is very simple. Regards, Raul >-----Original Message----- >I'm looking for a good article that will help me cre...

Outlook Express From Outlook?
Hello, I am a new user of Outlook (maybe) - I just got Microsoft Office 2007. I have been a user of Microsoft Outlook for my email needs for some time now. My question is this: Is there ANY way to get Outlook to go to my Outlook Express when I want to send an email? I hate to have to transfer everything if I don't have to. There are certain features of Outlook Express for emailing that I am quite happy with. It would be nice to be able to access those, along with having all the features of Outlook together. It's getting late - 11:00pm. Am I making any sense in my ...

How to copy Contacts data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007 to Addres Book of Outlook Express on desktop PC
I have entered most of my friends' data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007. However, on my home desktop PC, I'm using Outlook Express 6. How do I transfer the Notebook's Outlook Contacts to the Desktop's Outlook Express Address Book? I use Win XP on both machines. I was told Outlook stores its Contacts data in a Contacts Folder, while Outlook Express reads only files with wab extensions and it's tricky to Import a Contacts folder to a wab file. Pse help. Thank you. "Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@tifventures.com> wrote in message news:fjrb5f$pn2$1@maw...

Address Book View Rebuild on EX 5.5
Can anyone out there point me at notes on how to rebuild Address Book View on Exchange 5.5 ,been looking without success, thanks ...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

Submitting PGP / Nominet emails via Outlook
I know there might not be many out there who do this, but hopefully one or two will be able to answer my query. In essence I want to send PGP-signed automaton requests to Nominet via MS Outlook on WinXP. I've looked at the programs that Nominet suggest and they either don't work with XP, don't integrate with Outlook or cost a bomb. Do you know of any good (and possibly free) software that can cater for my needs? I also need to export and import my PGP key which is currently in a Mac OS 9 version of PGP 2.6.3i, but that's another story!!! Thanks Laphan Astra <info@...