Outlook 2007 unable to open attachments

I have a user running Windows XP Pro, sp3 with Outlook 2007.  All has been
well.  Yesterday she updated her Adobe Reader to v. 9.3 (not sure if that is
relevant but pretty suspicous).  Now when she receives and email with a .xls
attachment she is unable to open it.  She gets the message:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.Outlook\F2E0M??\filename.xls could not be found.  Check the
spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
I thought perhaps the security folder under Content.Outlook was full, kind
of like the OLK#### folder in Outlook 2003 but I don't see any files in it.
You can save the attachment to the desktop and Excel will open it from there
but not the attachment in the email.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
--
Mike Stevens

Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed?
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Stevens" <Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a user running Windows XP Pro, sp3 with Outlook 2007.  All has been
> well.  Yesterday she updated her Adobe Reader to v. 9.3 (not sure if that
> is
> relevant but pretty suspicous).  Now when she receives and email with a
> .xls
> attachment she is unable to open it.  She gets the message:
> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> Files\Content.Outlook\F2E0M??\filename.xls could not be found.  Check the
> spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
> I thought perhaps the security folder under Content.Outlook was full, kind
> of like the OLK#### folder in Outlook 2003 but I don't see any files in
> it.
> You can save the attachment to the desktop and Excel will open it from
> there
> but not the attachment in the email.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Mike Stevens

0
Ben
4/20/2010 5:34:16 PM
Im also encountering the same problem. I have the latest service pack for
office.

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

> Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed?
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en)
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm
> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>
> "Stevens" <Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a user running Windows XP Pro, sp3 with Outlook 2007.  All has been
> > well.  Yesterday she updated her Adobe Reader to v. 9.3 (not sure if that
> > is
> > relevant but pretty suspicous).  Now when she receives and email with a
> > .xls
> > attachment she is unable to open it.  She gets the message:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
> > Files\Content.Outlook\F2E0M??\filename.xls could not be found.  Check the
> > spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
> > I thought perhaps the security folder under Content.Outlook was full, kind
> > of like the OLK#### folder in Outlook 2003 but I don't see any files in
> > it.
> > You can save the attachment to the desktop and Excel will open it from
> > there
> > but not the attachment in the email.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > --
> > Mike Stevens

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Attaching Contacts to new email

owa cant open ppt attachments

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003