Outlook 2007 - Save Attachment buttons do not work

We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we
are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the
email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save
As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar.

Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note
that it does not work either when I open the full Email.

I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship.
Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Download
Full Items"

There are very few other problems flawing this roll-out, please help us
crack this last one.

Many thanks.

Hi Jethro,

    Suggestion: Why not upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and Exchange
2010 and get on the ground floor, so to speak, and be able to send Feedback
on what isn't working? What you like doing, others may do in a different way
and the problem you see, doesn't get fixed.

    Microsoft Office 2010 Beta contains Outlook 2010.

--
thecreator

"Jethro" <Jethro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we
> are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the
> email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying
> "Save
> As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar.
>
> Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note
> that it does not work either when I open the full Email.
>
> I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship.
> Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to
> "Download
> Full Items"
>
> There are very few other problems flawing this roll-out, please help us
> crack this last one.
>
> Many thanks.

0
thecreator
2/12/2010 6:32:17 PM
Thanks The Creator - but you must realize I have only just been dragged
"kicking and screaming" into Outlook 2007!

Do you really think the problem is the connection between Exchange 2010 and
Outlook 2007 or are you just guessing?

You make a good point about others not seeing - no-one in the company has
ever seen the "Save Attachment" button.

Dang!

Thanks for the ideas though---- keep them comin'

"thecreator" wrote:

> Hi Jethro,
>
>     Suggestion: Why not upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and Exchange
> 2010 and get on the ground floor, so to speak, and be able to send Feedback
> on what isn't working? What you like doing, others may do in a different way
> and the problem you see, doesn't get fixed.
>
>     Microsoft Office 2010 Beta contains Outlook 2010.
>

> --
> thecreator
>

> "Jethro" <Jethro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we
> > are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the
> > email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying
> > "Save
> > As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar.
> >
> > Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note
> > that it does not work either when I open the full Email.
> >
> > I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship.
> > Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to
> > "Download
> > Full Items"
> >
> > There are very few other problems flawing this roll-out, please help us
> > crack this last one.
> >
> > Many thanks.
>

> .

Ok. Outlook 2010 is working. However it does not work with Outlook 2007. It
is not reasonable that we want the customer to work in his production
enviroment with a beta-product. So why is this happening?

Best regards,

Joost

"thecreator" wrote:

> Hi Jethro,
>
>     Suggestion: Why not upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and Exchange
> 2010 and get on the ground floor, so to speak, and be able to send Feedback
> on what isn't working? What you like doing, others may do in a different way
> and the problem you see, doesn't get fixed.
>
>     Microsoft Office 2010 Beta contains Outlook 2010.
>

> --
> thecreator
>

> "Jethro" <Jethro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we
> > are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the
> > email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying
> > "Save
> > As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar.
> >
> > Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note
> > that it does not work either when I open the full Email.
> >
> > I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship.
> > Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to
> > "Download
> > Full Items"
> >
> > There are very few other problems flawing this roll-out, please help us
> > crack this last one.
> >
> > Many thanks.
>

> .

Agreed! We too have this issue. Exchange 2010 update 2 and Outlook 2007 SP2
and can not migrate to Office 2010. No solution found, please post update if
you find any.

"Joost" wrote:

> Ok. Outlook 2010 is working. However it does not work with Outlook 2007. It
> is not reasonable that we want the customer to work in his production
> enviroment with a beta-product. So why is this happening?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joost
>
> "thecreator" wrote:
>
> > Hi Jethro,
> >
> >     Suggestion: Why not upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010 Beta and Exchange
> > 2010 and get on the ground floor, so to speak, and be able to send Feedback
> > on what isn't working? What you like doing, others may do in a different way
> > and the problem you see, doesn't get fixed.
> >
> >     Microsoft Office 2010 Beta contains Outlook 2010.
> >

> > --
> > thecreator
> >

> > "Jethro" <Jethro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we
> > > are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the
> > > email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying
> > > "Save
> > > As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar.
> > >
> > > Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note
> > > that it does not work either when I open the full Email.
> > >
> > > I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship.
> > > Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to
> > > "Download
> > > Full Items"
> > >
> > > There are very few other problems flawing this roll-out, please help us
> > > crack this last one.
> > >
> > > Many thanks.
> >

> > .

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Cannot save my form
Hi.Can you please help me with my problem.I create my database last week.At first,the database worked smoothly.But,when I when I reopen my database,my last forms was dissapeared.Can you help me to solve my problem?Any post will help.Thank you. When you open the database do you see the database window? If not press the F11 key. Next go to Forms on the objects bar. Do you see vertical or horizontal scroll bars? If so the new forms might just be a little off screen and using the scroll bars should find them. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"