outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending

I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but
from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending.  I get
the message Sending reported error 0x80042109.  Outlook cannot connect to
your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.  If you continue receiving this message
contact your server administrator or ISP.

Any ideas please.
Thanks, Charlie

Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings
have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is
indeed fully supported by your corporation?

If so, you probably have overlooked the SMTP authentication option.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/36

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but
> from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending.  I
> get
> the message Sending reported error 0x80042109.  Outlook cannot connect to
> your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.  If you continue receiving this
> message
> contact your server administrator or ISP.
>
> Any ideas please.
> Thanks, Charlie

0
Roady
3/8/2010 11:21:18 AM
Charlie wrote:

> I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but
> from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending.  I get
> the message Sending reported error 0x80042109.  Outlook cannot connect to
> your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.  If you continue receiving this message
> contact your server administrator or ISP.
>
> Any ideas please.
> Thanks, Charlie

How do you know that your company's SMTP mail host is accessible from
outside their network?
0
VanguardLH

SQL deadlock problem

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Hdtv Receiver Tuner
Channel Master CM-7000 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box Price:$59.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Elgato Systems 10020974 EyeTV Hybrid TV Tuner Stick for Analog, HDTV and FM Radio Reception Price:$149.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001QCYHXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001QCYHXM Hauppauge 1192 WinTV HVR-1950 External USB HDTV Tuner/Video Recorder Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00198MYB0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Recieve Mail Before Sending