Outlook 2007 - Multiple Accounts, Automatically send From current Inbox (not the default account)

I'm trying to switch over to OL2007 from Thunderbird.  I have several email accounts, some IMAP, some POP3.  It really gripes me the way OL2007 handles multiple accounts.  Sending an email from any of my accounts defaults to having been sent from a default account.  What's so hard about composing an email from within a particular "Inbox" and having the email appear to have been sent from that account??  Instead, unless I remember to change it manually each and every time, OL2007 will cause the email will appear to have been sent from another address entirely.
For example I will send an email from my personal account and unless I remember to manually change it, that email will be sent as if it were from my work address.  Totally confusing the recipient.
How can I configure OL2007 to automatically use the email address of the specific "Inbox" account that I compose and send the message from?  Thunderbird was quite good at this and I'd expect OL2007 to handle this situation in the same logical manner.  Anyone?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
john

Outlook 2007 doesn't support such configuration, but Outlook 2010 does work
in this manner.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"john" <john[at]teamhyder[dot]us> wrote in message
> I'm trying to switch over to OL2007 from Thunderbird.  I have several
> email accounts, some IMAP, some POP3.  It really gripes me the way OL2007
> handles multiple accounts.  Sending an email from any of my accounts
> defaults to having been sent from a default account.  What's so hard about
> composing an email from within a particular "Inbox" and having the email
> appear to have been sent from that account??  Instead, unless I remember
> to change it manually each and every time, OL2007 will cause the email
> will appear to have been sent from another address entirely.
> For example I will send an email from my personal account and unless I
> remember to manually change it, that email will be sent as if it were from
> my work address.  Totally confusing the recipient.
> How can I configure OL2007 to automatically use the email address of the
> specific "Inbox" account that I compose and send the message from?
> Thunderbird was quite good at this and I'd expect OL2007 to handle this
> situation in the same logical manner.  Anyone?. Submitted using
> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane

Automatic Email Reply
I am going out of town and would like to have an automatic email replied to all emails that are sent to me. I know this can be done, but I just can not remember how to do it. Basically what it is, is when an email comes into my address my outlook will automatically send them an email back saying what ever I want it to. Can anyone help me????????????? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Recieve Mail Before Sending

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook default to paragraph

Reminders in Outlook

Grammar check not working

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Default Roles and Tasks in Canadian Payroll
Installs of Dynamics GP version 10 should have default Security Tasks and Roles pre-installed. Currently all tasks and roles have to be built from scratch - causing many customers to delay migration to the version 10. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...

cant start outlook pst file to large