Outlook 2007 Error Message 11-19-09

Hi. Whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get the following error message:

The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for
an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I uninstalled Google Desktop awhile back and the path is no longer valid. Is
there anyway to stop Outlook 2007 from looking for this add-in so I wont get
the error message anymore? Thanks for your help.

"Asordu" <Asordu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get the following error message:
>
> The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
> Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be
> loaded
> and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
> for
> an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.
>
> I uninstalled Google Desktop awhile back and the path is no longer valid.
> Is
> there anyway to stop Outlook 2007 from looking for this add-in so I wont
> get
> the error message anymore? Thanks for your help.

In Outlook do Tools-Trust Center-Addins and remove the addin.

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 8:40:05 PM
Hi. Thank you for your answer. Strangely enough, though, it isn't listed in
add-ins. Nothing there has that path and the only thing Google is a calendar
synch for my Palm Pre. That's installed in a different directory with a
different .dll. Would there be any other things to try?

> Hi. Thank you for your answer. Strangely enough, though, it isn't listed in
> add-ins. Nothing there has that path and the only thing Google is a calendar
> synch for my Palm Pre. That's installed in a different directory with a
> different .dll. Would there be any other things to try?

Try deleting the file extend.dat in the (usually hidden) folder
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook (on Vista or 7) or %UserProfile%\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (Windows 2000/XP).
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/19/2009 10:18:48 PM
---FOUND A FIX---
I had the same issue, do what Gordon says "In Outlook do Tools-Trust
Center-Addins and remove the addin" but

then at the bottom there is a pull down menu called manage, select "Exchange
Client Extensions" and press "Go...". In the windows that appears DESELECT
"Google Desktop... Addin".

That worked for me

On Nov 19 2009, 1:33=A0pm, Asordu <Aso...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi. Thank you for your answer. Strangely enough, though, it isn't listed =
in
> add-ins. Nothing there has that path and the only thing Google is a calen=
dar
> synch for my Palm Pre. That's installed in a different directory with a
> different .dll. Would there be any other things to try?"Gordon" wrote:
>
> > "Asordu" <Aso...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi. Whenever I open Outlook 2007 I get the following error message:
>
> > > The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
> > > Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be
> > > loaded
> > > and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufactu=
rer
> > > for
> > > an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.
>
> > > I uninstalled Google Desktop awhile back and the path is no longer va=
lid.
> > > Is
> > > there anyway to stop Outlook 2007 from looking for this add-in so I w=
ont
> > > get
> > > the error message anymore? Thanks for your help.
>
> > In Outlook do Tools-Trust Center-Addins and remove the addin.
>
> > .

This worked for me (Finally); At the bottom of the Tools/Trust Center/
Add-In window - choose Manage "Echange Client Extensions then UN-click
the Google add-In
0
Oscar

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Crash on 'Send"

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication