Outlook 2007 Calendar will not open in Windows 7

For no apparent reason, my Outlook 2007 calendar will no longer open.

Outlook itself opens fine, I can send and receive email and I can access my
contacts, tasks and notes.  My forthcoming calendar appointments even show up
at the right hand side of my screen on my "To Do" bar.  But when I try to
switch screens to the calendar, the program simply freezes without any
calendar information appearing.  The "Calendar" button at the bottom right of
the screen highlights in orange, without the highlighting disappearing on the
"Mail" button (or "Contacts", etc button, whichever I am looking at when I
try to switch to Calendar.)

Any suggestions?  I run Bitdefender Internet Security, and all critical
Windows 7 updates have been installed.  This problem just cropped up out of
the blue today.  I do not seem to have the "Scanpst.exe" file mentioned
somewhere in the online help, so I can't check the pst file for curruption;
Windows Office Diagnostics highlights no problems anywhere.
Help!!

The file you're looking for, scanpst.exe is on your system but it's hidden.
In Windows Explorer check Show hidden files & folders, and also uncheck Hide
file extensions for known file types. Then simply search for scanpst.exe or
you can look in its default location:

C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Make sure Outlook is closed when you use scanpst.exe.

"Kevin Poole" <Kevin Poole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For no apparent reason, my Outlook 2007 calendar will no longer open.
>
> Outlook itself opens fine, I can send and receive email and I can access
my
> contacts, tasks and notes.  My forthcoming calendar appointments even show
up
> at the right hand side of my screen on my "To Do" bar.  But when I try to
> switch screens to the calendar, the program simply freezes without any
> calendar information appearing.  The "Calendar" button at the bottom right
of
> the screen highlights in orange, without the highlighting disappearing on
the
> "Mail" button (or "Contacts", etc button, whichever I am looking at when I
> try to switch to Calendar.)
>
> Any suggestions?  I run Bitdefender Internet Security, and all critical
> Windows 7 updates have been installed.  This problem just cropped up out
of
> the blue today.  I do not seem to have the "Scanpst.exe" file mentioned
> somewhere in the online help, so I can't check the pst file for
curruption;
> Windows Office Diagnostics highlights no problems anywhere.
> Help!!

0
Kathleen
2/11/2010 6:10:43 PM
Me again.

I have now found the "Scanpst.exe" file hidden on my 64 bit system and run
it.  I have also tried the "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" run command to get
outlook to try to clean up the calendar, but the result is still the same.
Getting pretty desperate now....

"Kevin Poole" wrote:

> For no apparent reason, my Outlook 2007 calendar will no longer open.
>
> Outlook itself opens fine, I can send and receive email and I can access my
> contacts, tasks and notes.  My forthcoming calendar appointments even show up
> at the right hand side of my screen on my "To Do" bar.  But when I try to
> switch screens to the calendar, the program simply freezes without any
> calendar information appearing.  The "Calendar" button at the bottom right of
> the screen highlights in orange, without the highlighting disappearing on the
> "Mail" button (or "Contacts", etc button, whichever I am looking at when I
> try to switch to Calendar.)
>
> Any suggestions?  I run Bitdefender Internet Security, and all critical
> Windows 7 updates have been installed.  This problem just cropped up out of
> the blue today.  I do not seem to have the "Scanpst.exe" file mentioned
> somewhere in the online help, so I can't check the pst file for curruption;
> Windows Office Diagnostics highlights no problems anywhere.
> Help!!
"Kevin Poole" <Kevin Poole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> For no apparent reason, my Outlook 2007 calendar will no longer open.
>
> Outlook itself opens fine, I can send and receive email and I can access my
> contacts, tasks and notes.  My forthcoming calendar appointments even show
> up
> at the right hand side of my screen on my "To Do" bar.  But when I try to
> switch screens to the calendar, the program simply freezes without any
> calendar information appearing.  The "Calendar" button at the bottom right
> of
> the screen highlights in orange, without the highlighting disappearing on
> the
> "Mail" button (or "Contacts", etc button, whichever I am looking at when I
> try to switch to Calendar.)
>
> Any suggestions?

I'd try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

owa cant open ppt attachments

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Outlook Recall Msg Process

SMTP QUEUE #7
Good afternoon, I am having problems with deleting all the mail from my smtp queue. i see where i have two queue folders under \exchsrvr\mailroot\vs1 and vs2. i deleted all emails from these queue folders but every time i restart my smtp service, my system is real slow- i know that someone connected to our exchange server for mail relaying and have made changes to our pix firewall to prevent this again. however, why is it that i have nothing in my queue but when i start the smtp service, the system slows to a crawl. is it by chance that messages are still in the information store- wait...