Outbox jam w/ 98mb attachment-how to delete? - 112788

Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it is
stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent activity.
How can I get rid of it.
--
Thank You!

"Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Accidently a 98mb attachment was sent in an email. It would not send so it
> is
> stuck in my Outbox. It will not delete and it prohibits other sent
> activity.
> How can I get rid of it.

Click File and check Work Offline.  Then either wait about five minutes or
close and then restart Outlook.  Delete
the message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 2:08:12 PM
Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
--
Thank You!

> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks

YW!

0
Gordon
6/5/2010 4:38:11 PM
Gordon

Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Indian Queen" <IndianQueen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Gordon, you saved my marriage!  Thanks
>
> YW!

0
Peter
6/5/2010 9:33:31 PM
"Peter Foldes" <maci252211@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Gordon
>
> Now you can get your diploma in Marriage Counseling. LOL

:-)

0
Gordon

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

Exchange 2003 blocking attachments
Our exchange server is blocking attachments with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain attachments through the system? mike Is it the Exchange Server or the Outlook settings? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;ES;829982 -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "mike vincelli" <mvincelli@suhsd.net> wrote in message news:182e01c441ca$3fc1a0f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Our exchange server is blocking attachments > with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain > attachments through the system? > > mike Denis, The link you posted is for the...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

outlook is blocking .jpg files as attachments
please help. Icannot seem to be able to find my security settings , that will allow me to release the files to the e-mails Try Tool>Options>Security and uncheck "Do not allow Attachments.... TonySper "yeovil beechwood" <yeovil beechwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B061CD93-6B8F-4F11-8971-B98A7D067799@microsoft.com... please help. Icannot seem to be able to find my security settings , that will allow me to release the files to the e-mails Version of Outlook? Are they blocked as attachments so you can't open them or blocked in an h...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

SMTP Outbox won't send
I have set up Outlook 2003 to get my email from Compuserve. It uses IMAP4 for input and SMTP for outgoing. Reading the email is working OK. But i replied to an incoming email, the reply went into the Outlook Outbox, but nothing I do will cause it to be sent. Send/Receive All does not empty the Outbox and neither does Send All. If reading the mail works, how do I get the Outbox to send the reply? ...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

sending attachments #3
I downloaded all the security updates for Outlook 2000. Now Outlook can't send attachments. The attachments appear in the "send" directory, but the receiver of the email gets no attachments. Hi Stu, The Outlook security feature blocks attachments that are potentially unsafe. This security feature provides an additional level of protection against malicious messages. Although Outlook 2000 SR-1 or Outlook 2000 SR-1a blocks access to the attachment, the attachment still exists in the message. For more information on resolving this issue, please refer to Knowledge Base art...

Attachments to window notes vs record notes
Got an odd situation. On record notes we have the paperclip and can attach files with no problems. On window notes there is no paperclip. Never tried to attach a document to a window note before but always assumed that both record level and window level notes would act the same way. Has anyone else seen this? Should we be able to attach documents to window level notes? GP10, SP3. Thx. No - the behaviour you are seeing is by design. Window notes have never allowed for OLE attachments. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC h...

Delete embedded chart, how?
I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? -- Boswell Select the chart, hit the delete button. -- David Biddulph "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:C439A52B-E430-4B40-95DB-1563E22939AF@microsoft.com... >I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? > -- > Boswell ...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #2
We have just upgraded to Office 2003 and a lot of attachments do not get sent. We receive this error message instead. This particular attachment is a url. Any advice, Thanks, Jackie You may find this page useful: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, Outlook-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jackie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:018e01c3aae6$81a637e0$a40128...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Delay after connecting w/ RPC over HTTPS
My users can connect using RPC over HTTPS, but there is an irritating one-minute delay after the connection is made, during which Outlook shows "Connected" in the bottom-right info box and "Waiting to update this folder." This happens EVERY time we connect, even if we've disconnected moments before. Is this normal? If not, any ideas? On 22 Jun 2006 08:59:35 -0700, maximum@cheerful.com wrote: >My users can connect using RPC over HTTPS, but there is an irritating >one-minute delay after the connection is made, during which Outlook >shows "Connected&quo...

P2002 S-L-O-W on Page Change
Recently "upgraded" to Publisher 2002 from Publisher 2000. A three-page document now requires about 45 seconds to switch from one page to another. One of the pages has about 12 text frames and 3 photos. I copied the file and removed all frames. Same delay. (And this file, that now has no visible content, has a size of 2.2MB.) This behavior is identical on two machines (removed 2002 from one machine and installed on another.) First machine is W2K, 600MHz, 256MB. Second is XP, 2.3GHz, 512MHz. Is this video related? Both machines have 64MB display cards. All Office, OS,...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

Finding Attachments
Does Outlook 2002 Advanced Find provide a method for locating an attachment in an e-mail??? regards, Adrian Yes, you can search for all items with attachments, but you cannot search for a) specific attachments or b) attachment contents. To perform this type of search, simply right click on any Outlook folder, choose Advanced Find. In the Advance Find window, select Other Choices, then select "Only items with: one or more attachments". -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly...

how to delete everything??
How can I delete everything except site id, item number, vendor, account number? I want to delete all my current transaction, history transaction, all General Ledger, all financial statements. It's like I set up a new data for a new company. You might consider taking screenshots of your setup windows and exporting your master files then reinstall your company database, enter the setup information, and integrate your master files with Integration Manager. You can also go File>Maintenance>Clear Data and clear the data selectively. Make sure you run Checklinks and Reconcile af...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

Word attachments
I am running Windows 7 and Word 2007. I want my attachments to open in Print preview not full screen reading view. I have unchecked the box in Word Options, rebooted and resent emails with attachments to myself. However, they will not open in any other mode but full screen reading view. Any suggestions welcome. You can disable Full Screen Reading view, but you cannot force documents to open in Print Preview. If you mean Print Layout view, then you need to save them in this view; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (...