Operation Failed. Object Cannot Be Found.

Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a manual
send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Receive
Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The
operation failed. The object cannot be found."  My email goes through
GoDaddy's  hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue and
they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all means, but
all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about Outlook
2000...and other suggestions that are irrelevant. This all came about since
Outlook stopped automatically sending messages to our Blackberry. Of course
Blackberry says it's an Outlook/Go Daddy issue, and Go Daddy says it's a
Blackberry issue. Go Daddy's suggestion was to wipe all the information from
the Blackberry and start from square one. Haven't had a chance to try that
yet, and am skeptical that it will work. I'm stumped. Has anywone else had
this issue ?

0
GigaNews

GigaNews wrote:
> Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a
> manual
> send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says
> "Send/Receive
> Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The
> operation failed. The object cannot be found." My email goes through
> GoDaddy's hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue
> and
> they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all
> means, but
> all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about
> Outlook
> 2000...and other suggestions that are irrelevant. This all came about
> since
> Outlook stopped automatically sending messages to our Blackberry. Of
> course
> Blackberry says it's an Outlook/Go Daddy issue, and Go Daddy says it's
> Blackberry issue. Go Daddy's suggestion was to wipe all the information
> from
> the Blackberry and start from square one. Haven't had a chance to try
> that
> yet, and am skeptical that it will work. I'm stumped. Has anywone else
> had
> this issue ?

First, try a new profile - does it work? See
http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/profile/profile.htm if you need help
making a new profile.

'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com)

'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/)

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46367

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Slipstick

A save operation on table "PM_Transaction_Work" casused a sharing
Hi, When my user post a PM batch using VPN, the connection is broken and the batch posting is interrupted. The status is "Table Updates Interrupted". When I try to recover the batch through Batch Rocovery, it did not allow to. saying that" Batch NOV INVOICES" failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. " (I am at the batch recovery window already!!!!) When I click "more" then I see the following: "A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error." Further invest...

Download fails from Wells Fargo
When attempting to download Wells Fargo account information, Money 2004 generates a message indicating the file I am attempting to import is invalid or contains corrupt data. Wells Fargo technical folks don't have an answer. Help. CitiBank had the same error yesterday... "Jax" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:281001c47dea$57f1cc20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to download Wells Fargo account > information, Money 2004 generates a message indicating > the file I am attempting to import is invalid or contains > corrupt dat...

I found this great little site
I found this great little site. I signed up two weeks ago and got 2 Disney tickets and this week they are sending me 2 Universal Studios tickets. Here's the link http://66.219.102.40/ and by the way I am a real person, this is my real email address. I'm not a spammer and didn't appreciate the nasty email I got last time I tried to post this link. Thanks, Lisa http://66.219.102.40/ http://66.219.102.40/ ...

Table object
There is a little table object that shows up on the top left of a table that you can use to move the table to the left or right. But I can't seem to figure out how to get that table object to appear. You have to click around select the whole table/ deselect the table and then at some point it appears. How do you get it to appear so you can move the table? I am getting tired of trying to randomly get it to appear. Thanks, Tom Which version of Word? We support about 20... On 7/04/10 2:14 PM, in article O4J9ajg1KHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "tshad"...

Moving Objects
I have a picture and an object (Line) that I have placed on top of chart area. After I do work on other sheets in the workbook and retur to the sheet with the objects, they sometimes move slightly from where placed them. How can I get them to stay put. I have tried to lock an protect them, but they still move. Not everytime, but often -- icetre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icetrey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Hi Ice...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB1448.E88B1160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, I'm getting this message when trying to clear tempdb DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (tempdb, 10) WITH NO_INFOMSGS=20 Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = operation. Please try again when tempdb is idle. Msg 5054, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Could not cleanup worktable IAM chains to allow shrink or remove file = op...

Re: Cannot Insert Object #3
Hi all I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error. Many thanks Badger -- BadgerMK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511014 ...

Money 2005 fails to start on Vista
My Money 2005 was working fine on Vista (see history below) but now when the splash screen comes up it dies with no error message. I've tried uninstall and reinstall using the run by Administrator options, done a registry clean up and still the same thing. I'm at a loss now as to what to do. I'd really rather not upgrade to 2007 but if anyone can offer good reasons why I should it would be appreciated. I'm really getting frustrated with MS and their failure to make Vista compatable to even their own programs! (i.e. issues with Outlook 2002 not storing a password, P...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

Operator Overload between different types
I'm trying to implement the overload for two different kinds of objects. I tryed for example: Dog1 + Dog2; Dog Dog::operator+(Dog& s) { return this->nBau + s.nBau; } it works fine. I need something... Dog1 + Cat1; ??? Dog::operator+(Cat& s) { return ???; } How can i implement my overload between different types and what type of object must return? I can only compile my program only specifing "return 0" in overload function but it doesn't work. Maybe i must implement overload function as static function outside class Dog? Some help please. My final n...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Agent Install on EBS 2008 Failing
I am running DPM 2007 on Windows Storage Server 2003 (Dell DP600 appliance) and trying to protect EBS 2008 which is virtualized. However, I followed the technet article here to setup things: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512491(WS.10).aspx But I am unable to successfully install the agent on the EBS 2008 servers and get them to talk to DPM. I followed the last part of - To install a DPM protection agent. The agents appear to be installed on the Management, Security and Messaging servers, but cannot seem to attach properly to the DPM server. They show in Err...

Math operational sign for the box division sign
What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Might draw one with an autoshape line tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_division#Notation -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mr. D" <Mr. D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBF7885-39BC-4C77-AD7E-2CCC269BC3BC@microsoft.com... > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Mr. D wrote: > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Whilst holding the Alt key, tap 0247 on the numeric keypad. Then release Alt. ...

When grouping, what causes the error "Cannot shift objects off the sheet"
I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Consultin Shifting off the sheet refers to moving beyond the boundaries of the spreadsheet. You may be using a macro to group. >-----Original Message----- > >. > Since grouping involves hiding columns, the following MSKB article may help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769 Also, Dave Peterson posted this a...

what is cannot complete operation error code 0x80040155
my clip art is gone how do I get it back You need to re-register the Ole32.dll Start, run, type in the open box regsvr32 ole32.dll If that doesn't work... You receive a "Clipart cannot complete the operation" error message when you try to insert clip art in an Office XP program or in an Office 2003 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889885/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "dredrhino" <dredrhino@discussions.microsoft...

Outlook 2003 lost object?
I've installed Outlook 2003 successfully. I have set up the mail server successfully. I can test the server successfully via the set up wizard. When I attempt to send an e-mail from Outlook I get the following error window: "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have reinstalled and get the same error when sending. Any fix? Installed it as an upgrade or clean on a new PC? Have you recreated the mail profile already? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... ...

fail to create IXSSO.Query object
I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 / IIS 7. We have the "Indexing Service" started. Catalogs were created OK. However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object. Get the following error message Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39 ASP code : <% Dim sSearchString Dim oQuery Dim results() ...

FILE NOT FOUND: VBA6.DLL #2
Everytime I open excel (MS Office Professional 2000), I get the following error: "File Not Found: VBA6.DLL" The error pops up after excel opens but before the spreadsheet is displayed. Once I click "OK", then the spreadsheet grid appears. Any ideas? ...

Stringizing Operator (#)
Please note that I put this in this newsgroup only because no one answered me in microsoft.public.vc for two days and I'm worried about putting it into the standard C++ groups, as they may believe that #pragma comment and #pragma message are not standard. I'm also not sure if the strigizing operator is standard. I'm making a header file for use by other people (making a template class). In the header file, a bunch of options are available. Some of those options are taken advantage of by #define ing identifiers: #ifdef MULTIPLY_DEFINE #ifdef NO_MULTIPLY_DEFINE #erro...

Moving objects in VB.NET
I am using this code to move a button at run time. [code] If e.Button = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Left Then Button1.Capture = False Dim msg As Message = _ Message.Create(Button1.Handle, WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, _ New IntPtr(HTCAPTION), IntPtr.Zero) Me.DefWndProc(msg) End If [/code] Everything works as planned, however, I can not click on the button. It basically freezes the click event and is only movable. I was told to confirm the location on the mouse up event, but do not exactly know what that means. Can anyone help me on this subject? Thanks in advance What do you ...

Excel 2007 fails to open documents
I had no problems with MS Excel 2007 so far, and yesterdays my files saved OK, but today I found Excel can't open neither of my many spreadsheets created before. It crashes and attempts to send a report to MS. Diagnostics suggests the files are placed by MS to "disabled items", but I couldn't find in any help guidelines how to enable files back in Office 2007 (only 2003 and earlier). Also I found that if I try to go to menu MS button/Excel Options/Resources/ Contact US - Excel crashes the same way! Has anybody seen this? Any suggestions? -- VladimirF "VladimirF&q...

Access Operations when sitting Idle
Hello Folks, Is there anyway that if no activity has happend (sitting idle) for a period of time that Access would could automatically close or invoke an event? Thank you in advance, Michael Kintner yes, there is sample download, and I have successfully used it in several applications to kick people out after 1 hour of no activity. a2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210297 -- Albert D. Kallal (MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada kallal@msn.com http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn Albert D. Kallal wrote: > yes, there is sample download, and I have su...

Publisher cannot complete the operation
When trying to use the Wizard to create a publication I get the message, "Publisher cannot complete the operation." Is this RAM related? ...

"Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox"
There's nothing like being blessed with a problem during a Client's deployment. But there's always a wrinkle. In this case MSFT MBS Support has a nice KB for the issue. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYXTWZSXKKVXMPOUPXKZZRYZMOSLUMMTOL But it does not cover the situation I have now. It seems that the Exchange administrator configures his user names as "Joe.Carlsbad". Running the query: Select DomainName from systemuserbase shows that there is not a user with the FQDN of the domain. But I did see one successfu...