On Amazon.com, Outlook 2007 says "compatible with XP, Vista"..

I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from
somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but
I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7?

Yes, it will work just fine on Win7.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Red Pencil" <Red Pencil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online
> from
> somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista
> but
> I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7?

0
Diane
12/27/2009 6:07:45 PM
Red Pencil wrote:

> I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from
> somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but
> I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7?

Yes, it should run okay on Windows 7.  However, because Outlook was not part
of the installation package for Office 2007, a separate installation of
standalone version of Outlook 2007 will lose some integration features
between it and with other components of Office 2007.  I don't recall what
integration features are lost but maybe an MVP can list the losses.

Setup: Office 2007 which includes Outlook 2007.
Result: All integration features available.

Setup: Office 2007 (without Outlook 2007) + standalone Outlook 2007.
Result: Some integration features are lost.
0
VanguardLH

On Amazon.com, Outlook 2007 says "compatible with XP, Vista"..
I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7? Yes, it will work just fine on Win7. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...