OL-2007: E-mail composition - default style

I'm transitioning from OL-2000 to 2007 and am bumping up against a few
things.  Here's one . . .

When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the
(Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a space... which I
don't like and I'm trying to find a way to *not* have this happen.

I tried going into the "Normal" Style and I modified that to use the font I
like (Verdana) and to not insert extra line spacing between paragraphs, etc.
And the changes I made (to the Normal style) work fine, *if* I swipe the text
and apply the style.  Problem is, I don't want to have to go through that
extra step.  I just want the editor to behave that way (Verdana, no extra
line spacing, etc.) as the default.

I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but can't seem to find it by poking
around and reading the Help info, etc.  If anyone can point me in the right
direction, that'd be great and much appreciated.

BTW, FWIW, I'm finding OL-2007 worth the learning curve effort.  I like it a
lot.  Takes a bit getting used to (coming from 2000) but it's definitely
worth the effort.

Thanks ahead of time.

—Thri

A clarification . . . below, where I said:
-------------------------
› When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the
› (Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a space...
-------------------------
I meant to say "skips a line" and not "skips a space."

"thricipio" wrote:

> I'm transitioning from OL-2000 to 2007 and am bumping up against a few
> things.  Here's one . . .
>
> When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the
> (Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a space... which I
> don't like and I'm trying to find a way to *not* have this happen.
>
> I tried going into the "Normal" Style and I modified that to use the font I
> like (Verdana) and to not insert extra line spacing between paragraphs, etc.
> And the changes I made (to the Normal style) work fine, *if* I swipe the text
> and apply the style.  Problem is, I don't want to have to go through that
> extra step.  I just want the editor to behave that way (Verdana, no extra
> line spacing, etc.) as the default.
>
> I'm sure there must be a way to do this, but can't seem to find it by poking
> around and reading the Help info, etc.  If anyone can point me in the right
> direction, that'd be great and much appreciated.
>
> BTW, FWIW, I'm finding OL-2007 worth the learning curve effort.  I like it a
> lot.  Takes a bit getting used to (coming from 2000) but it's definitely
> worth the effort.
>
> Thanks ahead of time.
>
> —Thri

Here . . .
----------------------
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_thread/thread/d1e3984dce53eb3/7e7aca50a240afc3?lnk=gst&q=default+paragraph+settings#7e7aca50a240afc3

"thricipio" wrote:

> I'm transitioning from OL-2000 to 2007 and am bumping up against a few
> things.  Here's one . . .
>
> When I go to compose a new e-mail message, I find that when I press the
> (Enter)-key to create a new line, OL automatically skips a [line]... which I
> don't like and I'm trying to find a way to *not* have this happen.
> :
> [snip]
> :

Exchange 2007 lets phishing emails in via Safe Lists?
I've tried to post this a few times, but something in must be triggering a filter software as it hasn't shown up yet after 12 hrs and the web post shows up there but not in the NNTP. Here goes again, with a few more potential keywords changed: In Exchange 2007 with safe-list aggregation enabled, it appears that certain phishing messages get through we/of any phishing score. The culprit is that the recipient has the address in the safe-senders list (@phishingSite.com, for example). The user will put that there so that OL loads the images -- but a few phishing messages have now...

How to turn off reminders from inviters in 2007
Hi When appointments are booked from our ressource manager in our calendar, they are booked all day - starting from midnight. Our appointments are syncronized to our mobile phones, and when the time is 15 min to midnight, we get notified. Not the best time to get notified. How can we disable this reminder, when we are invited to this appointment. We have tried to turn of reminders from our manager and for our own calendar, but nothing helps. Only way to do it, is to edit every appointments on the phone, which is not a solution. /K. The admin needs to install rollup 4. (S...

OL 2000 /importPRF
Hi All Is the switch /importPRF supported by Outlook 2000? (like in the command line: OUTLOOK.EXE /importPRF etc.) I have done some research and it looks like the /importPRF switch is not available in Outlook 2000 while it is available in Outlook 2003? Thanks! No, that switch was introduced in Outlook 2003. Outlook 2000 deploys .prf files with the Modprof.exe and Newprof.exe tools, which you can download from the Microsoft web site. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www....

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...

e-commerce website in Desktop Publishing 2003?
Can you create an online ecommerce website with Desktop Publishing 2003? -- swpbbrcs Tired of Setbacks wrote: > Can you create an online ecommerce website with Desktop Publishing 2003? There's no product I know of called "Desktop Publishing 2003". I'll assume you mean Publisher 2003. It is possible to create an ecommerce website with Publisher 2003. It's also possible to swim the English Channel and empty a swimming pool with a teaspoon. I wouldn't want to try doing any of them. Publisher has no built-in e-commerce tools, and to add insult to injury has ver...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Mail missing
One of my client got a Surf Control email filtering running on exchange 2003 with SP1. Yesterday, he found around 150 incoming emails between roughly 2:00pm to 4:30pm sit in the Surf Control outbox and not moving into Exchange Pick up folder. Hence, he manaully moved the emails to Exchange pickup folder "c:\pro..\......\vsi\pickup". It was working before but not this time. All the 150 emails are now gone missing. Not in bad mail folder, not in queue, not in badmail folder, Not in MTA stack. We did Message Tracking on some of the missing messages. .............................

Forward meeting requests to mail address
Hi there, I'd like to forward both self-created meeting requests and those sent to me to another mail address so the get pushed onto my blackberry. Using rules in Outlook, you can only forward received messages but not self-created ones. Apart from that, the rule doesn't work... Did anyone already solved that problem or has a hint for me? Thanks, Pascal ...

OE will not send mail
I keep recieving this error when trying to send email: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'LINKS', Account: 'pop.earthlink.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.earthlink.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B Anyone that can help would be very thankful. Gary ...

Mails doesn't get received into INBOX
Hi, A user has several smtp address for his mailbox (6-8).when we send mail to primary address the user doesnot receive the mail, but when we send mail to his other SMTP addresses the user receives the mail. Any troubleshooting tips ??? Thanks in advance. Alex - What happens to the messages sent to the primary address? - Check SMTP log and Message Tracking to figure out. - Does the sender get a NDR? - Try sending a message (to the user's primary address) by telnetting to server's SMTP port - does it accept the message? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog ...

Excel 2007 Bar and Line chart on 2 Axes
I used Excel 2003 to create a "bar and line chart on 2 axes" and now have 2007. I can't find where or how to create these charts using Excel 2007. Can someone tell me how to do it? Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102004991033.aspx Then Google "Excel 2007 chart"; look at a few sites Then come back here with specific questions and we will help you get it right. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How to Change default font /is it possible to retrieve a deleted f
My PC runs on the new Windows 7. 1. Is it possible to retrieve a deleted file? I did look in the recyle area, and my deleted file was not there. 2. How do you change the default font? 1. If the file has been deleted from the Recycle Bin, you'll need special data recovery software. I have to admit that I have no idea how useful that kind of software actually is. Depending on the nature of the deleted document, it might not be worth the effort (or cost). 2. You can choose a font in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D) and then click the Default button to change the defaul...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

Publisher 2007
We just upgraded to Office 2007. In my old version of Publisher (2003), the print settings I had assigned to each file were retained in that file--very handy in Publisher as some of the print settings can get complex at times. I print to a variety of different printers and have different settings for print jobs going to each. It appears as if this feature is no longer present. Is this true or is there some way to retain them? Setting manually can get time-consuming. Any suggestions? -- -Sharon. I'm replying to my own post here, but I found the solution! In Publisher 2007, rather t...

e-mail 2 reports
Is it possible to email 2 reports as 2 separate attachments? With outlook as an email client: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:%23fzywcCtHHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to email 2 reports as 2 separate attachments? On Jun 21, 2:07 pm, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a...@m.com> wrote: > With outlook as an email client: > > http://www.datastrat.com/Code/Outloo...

mail store size
I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 What is the best solution to do this? Thanks Add up the values of the stm and edb files. Nue "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eKgCFyJOGHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. > > Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 > > What is the best solution to do this? > > > > Thanks > > Ha.. LOL That's what I did, and then matched up with my backups. I just thought t...

OL 07
In OL 07 can you turn off the Business Manager format and only have a plain OL 07 to work with? I'm struggling with OL 07 and all the differences from my Windows Mail or older OE 05 I was using on my old PC. Windows Mail has so many problems with hung messages that I figured I'd open and use OL 07, but it's been an interesting migration. Do you mean you have Business Contact Manager installed and don't want = to use it? If so, you can remove its data store from your mail profile = and uninstall the BCM add-in. That won't change how Outlook 2007 does = mail, though.=2...

Outlook 2007 initial send/receive problem, inability to close
Hi I have Outlook 2007 installed on a Windows 7 64 bit platform. There is one persistent problem which I cannot eliminate by using Office Diagnostics. When I launch Outlook, it carries out a send/ receive. Nearly every time, when checking the second account, it downloads all emails apart from the last one which it continues to show as processing. Cancelling the action appears to end the process, but it will not respond to any further send/ receive requests. Closing Outlook also won't work, as although it vanishes apart from the icon in the system tray, outlook.exe can s...

How do I turn off default tool bars?
Thanks for any help. When I open Excel, the reviewing tool bar is always shown. I never use it, and would like to not have it shown when I start Excel, so I don't have to waste time every time and close it. Is there a way to tell Excel that I don't want it open automatically when I start Excel? I looked in Tools>Customize and Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks If you close the Reviewing toolbar and shutdown Excel, upon restarting Excel it should not appear. That is, unless your have a workbook opening automatically with Excel (like a startup template [B...

Some coloumns are missing in the mail contents
Hi Everyone, I m Facing a problem with Outlook2003. that i recieve a mail with cut text for ex. the full test is: mail was forwarded but i recieve : il was forwarded missing text is : ma Please Help me....... Regards Abhishek ...

That's Comedy - Over 460 Pages of Little Snickers, Medium-Sized Chuckles, and Great Big Belly Laughs: http://www.ExpertHumor.com/That'sComedy.htm *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

Setting up Outlook 2002 for sending/receiving e-mail
Hello, I am using XP small office Outlook 2002 and trying to set up to send and receive e-mail. I have used Outlook Express for ages and it works fine. I have configured the Outlook with the info from my ISP (Hughes.net). I can send a test e-mail and it shows up in OE and on the hughes.net server but when I try to send a message through Outlook 2002 I get an error message that says "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Can anyone help me figure this out. Thanks. When you setup Outlook, did you create a Personal Folders (.PST or Outlook Data) file? It sounds li...

Default unit cost on Purchase Order
We're using the FIFO Perpetual inventory valuation method. If a vendor gives us a one-time special price on an item, that special cost goes into the FIFO layers to be used when its sold. However, when we create a new PO for this same item to the same vendor, it defaults in with the Last Originating Cost. This was actually a special cost and not the cost that we normally pay so it's wrong on this new PO. Now, we have to go look up what the correct cost could be. This happens a lot. Is there any way around this? Can we have PO receipts and invoices NOT update the Last origin...

Printing E-Mails with Attachments
when printing an e-mail how do you print the e-mail showing the attachments in the header? Colin T <ColinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when printing an e-mail how do you print the e-mail showing the > attachments in the header? Try this: Open the message, click Edit>Edit Message, and convert it to Plain Text. Then try to print it. ...