Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst

HI
I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst
The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ?
Thank, Moysh

You would never import a PST in the first place. Use a supported method for
data transfer instead. We post them here daily.
The most likely reasons you have no import function is that you either
haven't installed the importers and exporters or your Toolbar needs to be
configured to show them.
--
Russ Valentine
"Moysh" <Moysh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
> I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst
> The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ?
> Thank, Moysh

0
Russ
1/31/2010 9:20:48 PM
Don't use Import in order to reconnect to pst-files.
Use File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... instead.

To answer your question; you probably did not (fully) install the Import
functions of Outlook when installing Office 2003. Start the installer again
and choose Add or Remove Features to verify if you have indeed installed
Import/Export support for Outlook.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Moysh" <Moysh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI
> I Install Office 2003 on win 7 - can't import .pst
> The Imort button Is blank , what sould i do ?
> Thank, Moysh

0
Roady

Office 2007 Trial Uninstall
I downloaded the 2007 trial on the computer at my placement. We are on a universal server within the organization. Our tech guy uninstalled it but now our original version of Microsoft is not working. We can't open any files and it asks us to insert the disk ... What do I do? You need to uninstall the Trial and the Activation Assistant before you can start the install of your Office Use the below if you cannot uninstall the Trial using Add\Remove http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assist...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

how to convert to metric system in visio 2003?
how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:00:00 -0800, alsari <alsari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? Don't be reluctant to tell us what you want to do. We can only guess otherwise. Do you want to use metric rather that imperial measurement templates and stencils? Do you want to convert current diagrams to metric? Do you just want to show measurements in metric units? Metric templates and stencils may not have been installed on your system. Use menu Tools -> Options to set the default measurement t...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

OE6 fails after installing Office 2000
The help of the assembled multitudes is welcomed: I tried to install MS Office 2000 Premium into an environment containing MSIE6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (with full SP updates.) OS is Windows ME, also with full updates. Result was corruption of Outlook Express. I could view email headers and previews, but could not launch email messages and/or print them. Further, the addressbook disappeared. When I tried to access address book, I was told that the system was improperly installed and I should reinstall. Removing Office 2000 from the system restored functionality to Outlook Express. I ...

office 2004 for mac pro edition
i'm in the market to purchase a new laptop and am thinking of getting the powerbook. i need to buy it soon (this weekend) and being that i have pc's in my office, i am also thinking of buying office 2004 for mac. i understand the pro version isn't out yet. if i were to purchase the standard version now and wanted to upgrade it once the pro version came out, would i need to pay the full amount for the upgrade? or would microsoft give me a break and either give me a discount on the upgrade or even provide me with a free copy? thanks. In article <5f0c01c4822d$2354dd8...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

How to import Eudora files into Outlook
I've searched the forum, and everyone seems to have already been able to bring their old Eudora files into Outlook. I am now trying to do this but cannot figure out how. I'm not even sure exactly where to find my Eudora files, much less get them over to Outlook 2007. Can someone help me here. My hard drive crashed last Friday and I have rebuilt a new one except for my email program. I have been using Thunderbird temporarily, but I really don't like it. My Eudora files are saved to a hard drive and Thunderbird imported them with no problem. But I can't for the life of me figur...

Outlook 2003 from SBS2003
Hi, After we upgraded our server to SBS2003 over the weekend and as a part of this rollout all our client machines running XP and Office XP were upgraded to the Outlook 2003 client. Since this has occured no one can use word 2002 (Office XP) as the default Message editor. It appears that Outlook 2003 has changed the default setting for saying Microsoft Word edit to now say Office Word 2003 which by the way is greyed out. Probably due to the fact that none of the clients have office 2003 installed on them on the new Outlook 2003 that occured during this upgrade. Any idea's wo...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

Office 2000 Small Business
When we load Office 2000 Small Business and than open Publisher we get the following error. The instruction at "Ox77fcbcbe" referenced memory at "Oxfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. What can we do to fix this error. It is usually do to a faulty printer/graphics driver. Does Publisher open okay in safe mode? Disable your printer before opening Publisher, if it opens go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for newer drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mv...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Make outlook 2003 start in favorites
I am trying to get my outlook 2003 to startup the left pane in th Favorites tab, instead of the Mail tab. It is annoying for me to hav to switch tabs every time i start it up, as I prefer to be in m favorites. How can this be done ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Dictionaries for Office v.X
Hi. I would like to install various dictionaries (Italian, Spanish etc..) in Office v.X, OS 10.3.9, but I simply can't find them -looked for them everywhere!! Mactopia, P2P etc.. I imagine they must exist, as there are country-specific versions of the software...does anyone know WHERE I can find such dictionaries? Thanks. Did you look on the Office X CD, including in the Value Pack? I don't remember installing Office X, but I believe the way the Mac version works is that the US version has almost all the proofing tools. However, they may not be set for a default install, so you ...

Office 2011 #2
Want to say that I'm impressed with 2011. Many things on my wish list were done to improve older versions�the tiny Style window in Word is better than the Windows version, Outlook doesn't make you scroll though a long list of fonts to get to what you want, and the software plays better with the Mac OS. I use Office for Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 and Office for Mac 2004 and 2011. My preference is on the Mac side but I get my work done with all versions. Thank you MS. ...

Exchange 2003 migration #4
Hi, Can you please advise me few steps or provide some links to my problem. (I am inexperienced in dealing with exchange :)). I am running MS Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. I need to move the Exchange to different server (windows 2003 std in the same domain, I have also bought new Exchange 2003 for it) and then get rid of the source server at all. What is the best approach to perform this migration? Thank you very much in advance, Greg The move mailbox wizard will allow you to move mailboxes between servers. The best approach is to bring the new box up in the same Exchange org a...