no sent items are being saved in that folder

This has been on going since April 17th.   Updates have been done. Check
preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked.

HELP!

--
jan stephens

"jan s" <jans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This has been on going since April 17th.   Updates have been done. Check
> preferences and "Save Sent Items in Sent Folder" is checked.

What version of Outlook?  What type of account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

pub folder problem
Hello, I've got a problem with my pub folder database. Due to a full volume the databases were shutdown unclean and we moved the pub folder database files away, as we were not using the database on a regular basis. Yesterday I tried to run an offline defragmentation with the public folder database and here is my problem, eseutil is moaning that my database has been shutdown unclean and I have to do a recovery run before. The /r(ecovery) run fails as there are no more logfiles from the time when the volume was full. How do I force eseutil to do a recovery without any logf...

Outlook is not recognizing a Sent Items Folder
When I try to send messages to people, it never gets sent. Instead it stays in my Outbox. This is because Outlook XP is not recognizing a Sent Items folder or it is not there. Please help me to fix Outlook. Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296192 "Robin Arora" <robinarora@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2e5d01c37514$018d77b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send messages to people, it never gets > se...

Audit access to public folders
I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to public folders, the one who creates, reads, erases or modifies the exposed elements in public folders from the outlook and from the OWA. If this information it stores or can store in some log and if there exists some tool that do reports on this access. Thank you very much. Hi i think u can enable loging at server level on public folder instance. try out Thanks Manoj "Félix Casado García" wrote: > I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to > pub...

save as web page in 2010
Now that Save as web page or HTML is no longer available in PPT 2010, what do you recommend for saving onto your own web server so that it will show animations and effects within the presentation? I'd probably save as video. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "kim" <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A385DBD0-9027-4E2E-B3CF-2C43D2EB2117@micro...

Inactive Items
We have several dormant items which we dont want to delete since we might activate those in the future. These items by the way have historical data but no current inventory, allocated, on order, returned or in use quantities. Kindly advise what is the best way to prevent the users from accidentally adding transactions to these items. Thank you. Change the Item Type in Cards>> Inventory>> Item to "Discontinued", this will warn the user that this item is discontinued on Receiving and will not allow the Sales. Mak sure not to select "Remove Discont...

Fix for problem opening/saving files
A recent Windows update has been causing many people problems opening and saving files. See the following for possible solutions: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.application.errors&mid=ab8ee928-cf0d-416c-b961-b4c9eab1d1d7&sloc=en-us http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint&mid=d2e4e27f-7e22-43ad-9626-be04808e221d&sloc=en-us http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4...

Ghost Folders
I have migrated my 5.5 server to 2003. After configuring Backup Exec to back up the public folders, I received an error that the folder does not exist on two of these folders, "Everly" and "Internet Newsgroups". On checking further I find that these two folders are present on everyones Outlook 2003 session but they do not appear when I use the Exchange System Manager. I can't reomve the folders with any user account and I cannot find where there reside so that I can delete them. Does anyone know where I might find the folders? thanks, jON "Jon Rowlan&...

Public Folders Question
I have created a public folder to test adding contacts and setting permissions throughout our company. I personally am able to copy any of my contacts and paste them into the said public folder and it appears as a contact. I have a few other people that I set to "owner" of that folder and when they try to copy one of their contacts to the said public folder it adds it as a discussion. How can I get around this? What am I doing wrong? Their permissions are the exact same as mine. We have Exchange Server 2003 I am using Outlook 2003 Most people are using Outlook 200...

Creating a new identity with the folder structure of a previous identity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0088_01CA6629.A32A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I create a new identity, is it possible to copy the folder = structure of another previous identity. After this operation, my current identity will have all the folders (sub = folders) of the previous identity...but they will have not have any = mails...they will be blank Is it possible? If it is not directly possible...is there a work around to accomplish = this task? I am using OE6 ...

Sent items are being saved in the folder that I reply from...
Hey folks, How do I change it so that when I send an email, or reply to an email, it gets saved in the default location, the "Sent Items" folder? Guess I changed that feature at one stage, and forgot how to get it back... Anyone know? Thanks in advance... Check this setting (assuming OL 2003) Tools > Options Select the Preferences tab Click the Email Options button Under the Message handling section, the second checkbox down ... "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" should be checked. Alternatively, when composing a message ... View > Options Unde...

Public Folder Permission Question
Setup: Exchange 2003 SP2 Backend Private Store Server Exchange 2003 Backend Public Store Server Exchange 2003 SP2 Front End Server Problem: There is a Public folder that is restricted to certan users. I have tried to add a new user with Owner Acess to the folder. The user cannot see the folders, they are not visible for the Default user. I have granted the new user permissions in the following areas: ESM--> Public Folders --> Folder --> Permissions --> Client Permissions ESM--> Public Folders --> Folder --> Permissions --> Directory Rights ESM--> Public Folders --&g...

Save as CSV problems
Hi there, I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP Pro. SP2 I have book.xls file with names and numbers like fname lname salary John Smith 100.00 when I save as book.csv the salary column become a text (100 in the left side of the column) Just the way I wanted I click ok. and close Now when I'm reopen the book.csv file again the column salary become as a number again (100 in the right side of the column) How can I fix this issue (If I save the file as a text I wanted be remain as a text ) Thank you an ...

Parameter criteria in MS Query to bring in all items for a single day
I think this is an easy one! I am querying on a date time field with e.g. 21/12/2003 07:00:00 and just simply looking to filter for all times on a specific date using a parameter query.(so keying 21/12/2003 in the parameter prompt returns all items for that day although the timestamps will be different) I guess I could create a calculated field using INT or similar but I'm sure there is an easier way than that. I don't think that worked anyway because of the data type situation. Presumably using ROUND is not appropriate. Also tried criteria 'between [date1] and [date1]+1' bu...

Saving an excel file as an ascii file
How can you take an excel file an save it as an ascii file? ...

Public folders as a resource
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard and Outlook 2003 clients. I have several public folders (calendars) for meeting rooms. But there's no mailbox associated with these public folders. How do I make the Training Room a resource that can be invited to meetings? I am assuming that I need to create a domain account and mailbox for this, am I right? If this is the case, how do I get all the data that's in the public folder into the new training room calendar? Is there any documentation on this process? Thank you. no you dont need to create user account... its very simple, s...

util to open mail databases ? (need to restore a public folder)
I have a slight issue, upgraded to 2007 on a new machine transferred all mailboxes and public folders (so i thought) turns out one of the more slightly important public folders didnt replicate properly.... (grr) Original machine has now been formatted and junked so no 2003 on it anymore, however the backups are still available. What are my options for getting the public folder back ? cheers mark Hi, Restore your backup to a DR Exchange Server. then export the folder to PST through Outlook. Ensure the Organisation name of the Exchange Org is the same as Production. Oliver recov...

I want to delete a large attachment from a meeting item.
I have a meeting item in my calendar that has a large attachment. I want to delete the attachment and keep the meeting item. I can't edit the meeting item. Office 2007. Thanks. What happens when you select the attachment and hit Delete? Save & Close to keep the change or cancel the save if you change your mind of deleting the attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

save linking when moving linked text boxes
how do I save linking when moving linked text boxes? I.e., i have a box on page 1 that is linked to a box on page 3. I want to move the second box to page 4 but I want it to maintain the linking. in truth I have added 4 new pages and my cutsom pagination has changed because of the way i'm laying this out for printing. I need to move all the text boxes around. If the text boxes are linked, move just the text and not the boxes; gather the text, Copy, go to the page wanted, Paste. Go back to the original page, gather the text, Cut. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "l...

Public Folders #36
We just upgraded from Exch 2000 to 2003 and the public folders that were moved I can no longer administer from the ESM or from Outlook 2003, cant delete set permissions nothing, not even client permissions. But I can create new folders in Outlook but again cannot administer from the ESM. Basically the old folders I cant do anything with and the new ones I can only get to in Outlook 2003, here are the articles I have seen on permissions but they have not helped: 270905 313333 If anyone can help that would be great... You can use the tool referenced here to check the status and fix perms...

The time is wrong on emails sent and received, how do I change it
The time is correct on my system but the email time is incorrect! Can anyone help please? Contact the tech support for the mail servers that you are using. Their clock is wrong. -- __________________________________________________ E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject. __________________________________________________ "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A596799-601A-4529-82AB-C0CF59F48A9E@microsoft.com... > The time is correct on my system but the email time is incorrect! Can > anyone > help please? ...

Cannot restore my address book and mail folders
I recently got a new PC. The old PC had Outlook Express 5.5 and the new one has 6.0. I have tried and tried to import my address book and all the folders where all my messages are stored. I get the error message "An error occurred during the import process. The import process could not be completed." Is there a compatability issue between 5.5 and 6.0? Both file types are *.wab files. Also, I am trying to import all the *.dbx folders where I stored all my messages, but it seems as if 6.0 doesn't recognize the *.dbx, only *.mbx. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Yo...

queries using the not command with more than one item
trying to do a query using not "example" or "example" can on ly get this to work with one item, not more than one need to say not abouit 8 items how do i do it? A couple of ways -- <>"Sam" AND <>"Joe" AND <>"Bill" AND <>"Jack" Not In ("RED","WHITE") -- Build a little, test a little. "access query question using not " "" wrote: > trying to do a query using not "example" or "example" > > can on ly ...

Customizing views for ALL folders/subfolders
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003, and I wish to set a standard font for ALL folders/subfolders. But, when using the View/Arrange By/Custom or View/Arrange By/Current View/Customize Current View, it only applies my settings to the current folder, and not ALL folders. Regards Trond Svendsen Bergen, Norway Trond Svendsen wrote: > Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003, and I wish to set a standard font for ALL > folders/subfolders. But, when using the View/Arrange By/Custom or > View/Arrange By/Current View/Customize Current View, it only applies my > settings to the current folder, ...

"Remove folder and all it's contents". If empty just delete it.
If I try to delete an empty folder in any Explorer dialog, it reports.. "Are you sure you want to delete the folder "Empty" and all it's contents?" Surely if the folder is empty it doesn't matter if you delete it, can't Explorer check to see if the folder is empty and only warn the folder has "contents" when they actually exist and I genuinely need to be warned of that fact? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

Saving .pub file to pdf file?
I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." pdf is not an option How about going to print and selecting Adobe PDF? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tresa" <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FFC532-BF61-4F14-84DF-755A0CA2B31E@microsoft.com... >I have 2002 MS Office XP Prof with Publisher. When I go through "save as.." > pdf is not an option Tresa <Tresa@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...