need two email accounts for two phones on one computer

My wife and I have just bought an iphone each after a recent burglary.  We
are trying to maintain separate contacts.  Apple advice was to set up a new
user for my wife to stop us synching with each others contacts etc.  I've et
my wife up as a new user but don't know how to set up outlook with separate
outlook account so that we can get our own emails and maintain our own
contacts.  I did manage to set up a replica outlook email account but it
generally means we get the same emails in each account.  Is it possible for
us both to have a separate outlook installation under our user names?  Can we
have two accounts?  We use btinternet as our supplier.

Many thanks
Graham

Graham T;117478 Wrote:
> My wife and I have just bought an iphone each after a recent burglary.
> We
> are trying to maintain separate contacts.  Apple advice was to set up a
> new
> user for my wife to stop us synching with each others contacts etc.
> I've et
> my wife up as a new user but don't know how to set up outlook with
> separate
> outlook account so that we can get our own emails and maintain our own
> contacts.  I did manage to set up a replica outlook email account but
> it
> generally means we get the same emails in each account.  Is it possible
> for
> us both to have a separate outlook installation under our user names?
> Can we
> have two accounts?  We use btinternet as our supplier.

If you each have separate Windows users, you will automatically have
separate Outlook configurations.  Each of you can create a mail profile,
create your own Outlook folders, and access your own mail accounts.  You
can each, in fact, access multiple mail accounts.  Each of your phones
will sync with your own mail profile when you are logged into your own
Windows profile.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

Trying to copy address book from one laptop to another
I exported a Windows CSV file from Outlook called contacts.CSV, containing all the names and addresses from the folder, "Contacts". I installed Office 2003 on the new laptop and copied across the datafile ok, but I'm having problems setting up the Address Book. I'm thinking the CSV file is not the way to transfer the address book details, in which case, how can I get the Address Book on the new laptop to work in the same way as the Address book on the old laptop? I used to be able to click Tools > Address Book and all contact details would be there. The same list as is i...

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

Receiving Difficutles with alternate email address
I have a broadband internet service provider that allows multiple email addresses on the same account. I setup the second only to find that I cannot receive email on that account address. I am using Outlook 2003 SP2. I also have Outlook Express with the same result. I can send from the account. I have contacted the internet service provider but they cannot help with Outlook only Outlook Express. I also use Norton Antivirus (Systemworks), Norton Firewall and Norton Confidential Both email address are setup exactly the same. The test says it is ok. Does anyone have any advice for this i...

macro needs info on currently highlighted message in search folder
I created a search folder, "Messages Sent Or Received Prior To 2008) by using the Advanced Search and creating a query. The list of messages is shown, including just the lowest level folder name. I can navigate through the messages, and I'd like write a macro to show the full folder path of the currently selected (not opened) message, because I have many dozens of folders and they're not all named uniquely at the lowest level. Can this be done? Thanks tbone Show it where? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Program...

Only show one name of DL in To Field
I would like to use a distribution list and when the recipients receive the message have them only see their name in the To field and no one elses. Is this possible. Thanks Have you tried just putting the distribution list in the Bcc (blind carbon copy) field. If it isn't showing click View > Bcc field "Ann" <trotto@beckercollege.edu> wrote in message news:123e01c3c3f4$ba55fd60$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to use a distribution list and when the > recipients receive the message have them only see their > name in the To field and no one elses. Is this...

excell formula needed
Hi, In Excell, I'm trying to match a cell (eg H21,with a num value (eg 2530) to a column of figures (M34:M99) that has one match in it and produce a grading A, B, C, D from a column (N34:N99). Anyone have any ideas? Rob. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =Vlookup(H21,$M$34:$N$99,2,false) Bernard "terrificRob" <terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > In Ex...

Outlook 2002 will not send and recieve on created account
Outlook 2002 began acting up and it lost one of my e-mail accounts. I noticed that I was not getting any e-mail that I would usually get with the account. I checked and the account is not there. The other thing that I have noticed is that my address book and archives are listed where my other accounts are listed in the area where you would edit or add e-mail accounts. I went in and recreated the missing account and went to send and recieve and it would not bring up the account in the send and recieve box (it brought up all my other accounts). I went back and the account is still...

Rounding errors in manually entered investment account transaction
I am tracking the performance of the investment subaccount of my life insurance policy in MS Money 2006 Premium. My insurer does not support online updates of investment subaccount performance, so I must enter statement data manually. Shares of investments are only reported with 3 decimal places of accuracy on my statements. As a result, in some cases rounding errors in the number of shares purchased and sold accumulate over months so that after a while the total number of shares that I own as reported by Money differs from the number of shares reported by my insurer. How do I adju...

Two Inboxes in Outlook 2000
Something weird happened recently and as a result I now have two complete sets of folders containing calendar, contacts, inbox, etc. One set is under "Archive Folders" and the other set is under "Personal Folders". All of the desired folders (calendar, contacts, inbox, personal folders, etc.) are under "Personal Folders", but all of my incoming mail arrives in the undesired inbox under "Archive Folders". I've tried to close the Archive folder set but a message tells me I can not do that. Does anyone know how to get rid of the undesired set of fol...

email page layout
Somehow the Windows Live Mail page layout changed on my laptop. Instead of the top portion of the page having the senders address and subject on the top and the message on the bottom, I now have the data in three columns: inbox, send, etc senders address and subject message How can I change the layout back to the original? View (ALT+V), Layout, Reading Pane -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "mcalbud" <mcalbud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2356B046-BE39-4222-A1B2-7C9F77F6FF83@microsoft.com... > Somehow the Windows Live Mail ...

Should write history for more than one HR change per day
Currently, Human Resources only allows writing a history record for one change per day per employee when the Enable Reason For Change is marked. If an employee changes departments and positions both in the same day, only one of the records will be written. It seems logical that multiple changes could happen for an employee in a day. Why not allow writing more than one history record per day? -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" but...

email contacts
Installed WAB Outlook Express file to new computer. Tried to delete/change/add emails & groups. Turn off computer, no changes are saved. -- patientbutfrustrated Did you import the OE WAB file into Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or are you still using OE? If you are using WLM (this newsgroup forum is for that program), are you signing into a Live Id when you start WLM? Look in the upper right hand corner of the WLM screen. If it says "Sign in", you re not signed in When you sign in WLM synchs your contacts with that Live Id on a Microsoft server. If you ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

Outlook Junk EMail Filter
I'm using Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003 on the back end. Cached mode is enabled. Junk Email filter is set to "Low: Move the most obvious junk e-mail to the Junk E-mail folder". Nothing is listed in the Safe Senders/Recipients list and Blocked Senders list. Outlook seems to think that ALL email NOT coming from Exchange server is junk mail. They all go to Junk folder. I got the same result when using OL2003. I thought OL2007 works better than OL2003 but apparently it is the same. Is this how the filter is supposed to work when enabled? "John" <a>...

Can not connect to computer through RWW
I recently had a client move offices, and in turn had to get a new ISP. I had OWA and RWW, and Exchange working at the old location, but when they moved nothing would work. Found out after a hours of router configuration, and sbs restores and installs, that the ISP was blocking ports 25, 80, 443 and others they would not mention. I did ask for these ports to be allowed but was unsuccessful at having that happen. And I am unable to change ISP as there is only one provider in my clients area now. But there has to be another solution? So far I have worked around two issues, but ...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...

Need help setting up fields on a liquor store import file.
What is the best way to set up the fields on the excel sheet (import) for a liquor store. Should I put the size of the bottle with the extended description or should i put the size in the sub description? I also have sku's (item lookup codes) for each child item but do not have one for the parent (a case of the product). How should I handle this? Do I make up my own lookup codes or should i just not use the parent child relationship and store everything as a child? What benefits does each one have? I always include the size in the primary description field. I always keep the d...

Due Date in Statement of accounts??
Hi , Can i print the sales statement of account showing the DUE DATE ? If yes, kindly please help me to create the field. Thanks in advance. ...

Money 2007 Deluxe OFX import error on only one account at bank
I have multiple accounts at R1CU and have them all set up for web imports. Today, I added two additional identical-type accounts that have been existing for a month at the R1CU website. The first account, let's call #14, imported transactions just fine. The second account, #15, will not bring anything in. It won't even search for the new account on import or ask me to which account the import should post. It just gives me the "import complete" window and transfers me to my list of web-enabled accounts and their download history. There, the #15 account isn't even lis...

need help with tables so form okat- multiple equipment for 1 job
Here goes. I know this should be simple not sure why I can't see this right. Here is what I want to end up with not sure the best way to set up the tables to get what I want. and/or best way to create the form(from a query) or using form wizard pulling in tables that I need. I want to END up with a Form for all possible JOBS(cleaning jobs) with equipment needed and soaps needed for each job. There are many pieces of equipment for each job - mop, bucket, etc.(can't figure out how to get this in a form without listing with a comma) Have so far - don't thinks the tables a...

I have MS Office XP Prof. & need System Office pack 2.0 or later
I just recently installed the Windows 7 Operating System on my computer. I use Microsoft Office XP Professional as my office software. While editing a document I received the following message: " The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Agent 2.0 or later. This product is available on the Office System Pack." Where can I get this? The link to request a hotfix is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=969168&kbln=en-us> The full article is here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969168> hth Sabrina wrote: > &g...

Time of Day in email is wrong
One XP computer - using Outlook for email. Receive an email at 9:54am Reply at 9:55am Outlook reports the received email was received at 10:54am Time zone on computer is correct. Outlook reports that reply was sent at 10:55am What could be causing this? It would be good to get it fixed. Thanks, Fred Check your daylight savings time settings under both Control Panel and Outlook Calendar options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

Email template insert data fields into subject line.
Hello, Is there a way to insert data fields into the subject line in email templates? I would like to add a case number so our customers can see it in the Subject line. Thanks, Steve ...