my auto reply error

I am attempting to establish an auto-reply (ooo) because we do not have an
exchange server.  It is not working and I receive a Rules in Error message
window reading "cannot reply to message".  However, that notice will only
occur once.

I am following the steps as described in the Outlook (2007) help menu for
creating templates and rules for auto replies.

Thanks,

Hans

Reply marking in original email text
I can't find how to turn on the reply marking (ie my name) when replying to an email by inserting the reply within the body of the original email. I am using Outlook 2000 TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS On the PREFERENCES tab Click the E-MAIL OPTIONS... button Near the bottom of thid window is a little box to turn on next to "Mark my comments with:" -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Paul Barton" <paulb@NOSPAMcae.com.au> wrote in message news:%230g6OU%230DHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I can't find how to turn on the reply marking (ie my name) when replying...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Auto Balance Message
Does anyone know how to re-enable the the dialog box that pops up after downloading transactions and you switch to an accout that warns rather the account is in or out of balance? I clicked the "do not show this again" option back accident and do not know how to turn it back off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money and that doesnt work. ...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

RMS should have auto log off if system is idle
it would be nice to have auto log off if the system is idle for a specific amout of time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=555af75d-267a-4ecf-8296-9da84065f19...

Help-Error validating multiple documents
Hello. I've got a total of 5 schemas. They are: 1 - 1.xsd - a description of a city 2 - 2.xsd - a description of a town 3 - CityHall.xsd - a description of a cityhall-meant to be part of a document based on 1.xsd in "user area". 4 - TownHall.xsd - a description of a townhall-meant to be part of a document based on 2.xsd in "user area". 5 - testmultischema.xsd - a document which combines in a batch instances of cities and towns based upon 1.xsd and 2.xsd. I get the following xml validation error: ERROR: The 'http://adamExt.org:TownHall' element is not declar...

Error when I try to save doc with equations in 2007
I am a math student and I frequently use Word 2007 to write up my assignments with the new equation feature. Lately I have been having trouble in that when I try to save it gives me a file error For example: "A file error has occured (c:\...\doc1.docx)" ...

Trying begin VBA template project, get error "macros disabled"?
I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA. When I try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project are disabled?" Any suggestions? Thank you. Save the template in your templates folder, which is a trusted location. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "The Applicant" <The Applicant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E642C...

Error Messages #6
I keep getting an error message that I can't seem to find an answer for...if someone has found this problem before and has fixed it...please let me know... Receiving' reported error (0x80042110) : 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information. The number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands. Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider. thanks John And what did your ISP tell you when you contacted them? >-----Original Message----- >I keep getting an error message that I can'...

Reply Button
When I want to reply to an email and it is the first email of the day that I reply to , I hit the reply button and it taking over 60 seconds for the cursor to appear in the memo area. Any suggestions what is causing this problem. Thanks -- Mike I have seen this as well. It might be that there are a lot of emails in the Inbox, and possibly also if there are a lot of entries in the Contacts folder. Paul "Mike" <unbusy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49D7131-387F-44E3-886A-C20BF21622E4@microsoft.com... > When I want to reply to an em...

NDR reply message
Hi - is there a way to edit the NDR reply message that gets sent from Administrator? Thanks, Laurie The quick answer is no - the longer one involves paying Microsoft Consulting Services to change it :-( Laurie Rothberg wrote: > Hi - is there a way to edit the NDR reply message that > gets sent from Administrator? > > Thanks, > Laurie Nope. Well, not in a standard way. I hear Microsoft Consulting Services can hack around one of the DLLs, but there's no GUI or reg hack way that I know of. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://...

Auto Forwarding
Hello: We are running Exchange Server 5.5 and over the last two weeks are rules have failed. They are server-based rules. One of these rules is the auto-forwarding of email. You select what people from the GAL or external email addresses you want forwarded out to another offsite email address. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Our bridgehead server administrators have checked the do not autoforward email but these are on separate servers from our information store and directory databases (naturally). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve K. ...

HTTP Error when accessing properties of Public Folders
Greetings.... First, thanks for the previous help I have received in this forum. ;) I will try to keep this brief, but afraid it may require more...........Exch2k Server with all service packs up to date. Moving accounts and Public Folder structure from one Exch2k server to another. Will be removing the older of the two from the domain when done. Right-click on the Public Folder to look at the properties of the folder to setup replication of the folder and get the following error message: The HTTP Service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public Stor...

Out of office replys not working correctly
Hello, We have a few users who have the automatic out of office replys turned on and they work fine from within the company. However, they dont seem to be responding to outside mail such as yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Is there a setting in exchange 2003 server that would prohibit out of office replys from going out to external mail? Thanks in advance... Yes, OOFs to the Internet are disabled by default. Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Properties/ click the checkbox to enable. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:55:28 -0800, Psycho <Psycho@Psychotic.net> wrote: >Hello...

"Reply" closes Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002. It opens fine, mail downloads, I can read it, delete it. But, if I hit reply, Outlook immediately closes, no error message, no warning. This is intermittent, which is even more frustrating. No new updates lately, don't know what the deal is. I've run detect and repair. Little help? Robin Try a new mail profile or run scanpst.exe - I would run scanpst.exe first. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be ...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

Auto Reply #2
What the best way to setup an auto reply for a group email account in excahnge 2003. Do I have to use a rule in Outlook, or can it be done on the exchange server. Example, an email to order@xxxx.com would auto reply, thanks for your order its being shipped..... Use a Public Folder to hold the mail for order@xxxx.com and then use the Folder Assistant to create the autoreply. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <haus@ij.net> wrote in message news:2bdff01c46832$38647e20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What the best way to se...

OpenDatabase Error
All, In my spreadsheet, I have a command button that calls code to create a recordset based on a SELECT statement which queries a table in Access. I have tried this in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 and get the same problem. I have a reference to DAO 3.6 in my project. The following code snippet fails with a message box with a Red X in the middle, with NO TEXT describing the error, and an OK and Help button. The Help button gives me nothing. Can somone point me in the right direction on how to query Access for some data without importing the entire table (it is very large). Tha...

SNMP error
My domain controller keeps freezing at night. Now all i see is a event message from SNMP 1501 - The SNMP Service encountered an error while setting up the incoming transports.\n The IP transport has been dropped out. After this i begin to receive messages from Lost delayed Write data, till dhcp, wins, server and ntds errors. server finishes freezing and have to be hard reseted any ideas? server works at 100% at day when fully loaded... strange isn't it? "Rick" wrote: > My domain controller keeps freezing at night. Now all i see is a event > message ...

Auto Accept Agent Install
Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? Exchange 2003 SP2 Active/Passive Cluster Thank you No, but I would check the documentation to make sure that it is supported in a cluster. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "ArkAdmin" <ArkAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B6BA8F-A8F4-410F-BE7C-C23F67027D19@microsoft.com... > Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? > > Exchange 2003 SP2 > Active/Passive Cluster &...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...