Multiple Quick Parts

When I was using Outlook 2003 I had several toolbar each embedded with
several macros to enter "pre-packaged" text and graphics into a
message.  Now with Outlook 2007, such toolbars have been replaced with
Quick Parts.

The problem is, I have way too many items I need to keep available.
If I add them all as Quick Parts entries, I have to scroll and scroll
and scroll and scroll to find the one I want.  Previously, I all I had
to do was click a single button and, Boom, there it was.

Since it looks like I will be stuck with the scrolling to some degree,
is it possible to put more than one Quick Parts icon on the Quick
Access Toolbar, and assign different groups of items to the different
icons?

Or, is it possible to create multiple Quick Action toolbars?

If all else fails, is there a third-party product that will give me
back my good old-fashioned toolbars?

Thanks.

-WVMontani

0
WVmontani

On Feb 17, 11:02=A0am, WVmontani <wvmont...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I was using Outlook 2003 I had several toolbar each embedded with
> several macros to enter "pre-packaged" text and graphics into a
> message. =A0Now with Outlook 2007, such toolbars have been replaced with
> Quick Parts.
>
> The problem is, I have way too many items I need to keep available.
> If I add them all as Quick Parts entries, I have to scroll and scroll
> and scroll and scroll to find the one I want. =A0Previously, I all I had
> to do was click a single button and, Boom, there it was.
>
> Since it looks like I will be stuck with the scrolling to some degree,
> is it possible to put more than one Quick Parts icon on the Quick
> Access Toolbar, and assign different groups of items to the different
> icons?
>
> Or, is it possible to create multiple Quick Action toolbars?
>
> If all else fails, is there a third-party product that will give me
> back my good old-fashioned toolbars?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -WVMontani

Anyone? Anyone?...... Bueller?

-WVMontani
0
WVmontani
2/18/2010 3:53:35 PM
I've not messed with it, but if you R-click on a "quick-part" and select
properties, you may group and categorize them. Perhaps that is what you
want.

WVmontani wrote:

> On Feb 17, 11:02 am, WVmontani <wvmont...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>When I was using Outlook 2003 I had several toolbar each embedded with
>>several macros to enter "pre-packaged" text and graphics into a
>>message.  Now with Outlook 2007, such toolbars have been replaced with
>>Quick Parts.
>>
>>The problem is, I have way too many items I need to keep available.
>>If I add them all as Quick Parts entries, I have to scroll and scroll
>>and scroll and scroll to find the one I want.  Previously, I all I had
>>to do was click a single button and, Boom, there it was.
>>
>>Since it looks like I will be stuck with the scrolling to some degree,
>>is it possible to put more than one Quick Parts icon on the Quick
>>Access Toolbar, and assign different groups of items to the different
>>icons?
>>
>>Or, is it possible to create multiple Quick Action toolbars?
>>
>>If all else fails, is there a third-party product that will give me
>>back my good old-fashioned toolbars?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>-WVMontani
>

> Anyone? Anyone?...... Bueller?
>
> -WVMontani

0
Bob

1 word doc, multiple tabs
Other people have referenced a tabbed view to be able to view multiple documents at one time. Really Windows 7 taskbar takes care of this. I, on the other hand, want to see multiple tabs within 1 document like Excel. Example of use: I'm thinking about writing a book, and I have SEVERAL scenes in my head. Right now I would have to create SEVERAL word documents to get them all down, then create a main document and copy and paste stuff back and forth as I write. With a single tabbed document, I could write all my scenes as individual tabs, then "link" them to the m...

CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains
The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support integration between one Great Plains company databse and an installation of CRM. Does anyone know if it is possible to integrate more than one Great Plains database to a CRM installation using the the standard CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains and Biztalk server. CRM <=> GP Integration only supports integraiton to one GP company DB. >-----Original Message----- >The CRM Integration 1.2 for Great Plains seems to only support >integration between one Great Plains company databse and an >installation of CRM....

Quick PF Usage Question
If someone with a similar configuration could check and let me know some information, I'd appreciate it greatly. We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on Windows 2003 Enterprise on a Quad Xeon 700MHz box with 4GB's of RAM. We do have the /3GB /USERENV=xxxx switch in the boot.ini file per MS recommendation. We still have the ADC running as we have not migrated our users yet, just the replicas of our public folders. 14GB's in the public store, and 200MB's in the private store (2 IS dept mailboxes are over). We also have Sophos' MailMonitor Anti-Virus package running re...

Shortcut Keys -- quick find
I'm trying to have one of my menu buttons use a shortcut key for me to use, but aside from the main ones in the standard menu toolbar [File, Edit, View, Insert...], I don't know how to quickly recognize what shortcut keys are already in use. Is there a way to do this... to find out what shortcut keys are already in use? If I had more time I would search through these posts but I have to get some things finished quickly, so am hoping that someone will be able to share some knowledge today or tomorrow [or whenever, I'm not too picky on being helped]. Any help would be very m...

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Merging multiple excel files into a single doc
I've got about 40 excel documents. Each contains the same number of columns, and 25 lines worth of data. Rather then have 40 files, I'd like to have a single file with the data from each of the indvidual files all on this single file. Up until now, I've opened each doc, done a copy paste from the original doc into a master doc. This was ok for a while, but it appears this may be a regular thing I'll need to do. Is there any way to automate this process. The files will all be the same, in number of lines of data and number of columns. Thank you I like this way be...

import multiple identites from outlook express to outlook 2003
How do you import multiple Outlook Express identities (mail and settings) into Outlook 2003? After installing Outlook 2003, it only imports the files from the main Outlook Express identity. Outlook does not use identities so it will not recognize them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mhat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do you import multiple Outlook Exp...

multiple Personal Folders #2
I have a standalone win 2000 pro system using Outlook 2000 and I'm getting multiple Personal Folders for a user profile. How can I delete them and point the profile to a pst file on the disk? Thanks. Have you already tried right-clicking the root folder of each file (in the Folder List) and clicking Close? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:O37$8%23%230DHA.4064@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, SAC wrote: > I have a standalone win 2000 pro system us...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

COUNTIF across multiple sheets
I have a workbook that has five sheets - September. . . January. I have a range of cells (D6:D17) where I need to count the occurrence of specific text from all sheets . For example: In D6:D17 sheet September has four cells with "fries", two with "malt" and two with "shrimp", the balance of cells in the range are empty. In D6:D17 sheet November has four cells with "malt" and all other range cells are empty On a sheet named Total I want to total the occurrence of "fries", "shrimp" and "malt" on all sheets in the workbook. ...

how to configure multiple email id's in multiple folders
Try posting your Q in the body, and explain what you are trying to achive, together with your version of OL and if its an exchange setup "Ram" <Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E40903-7D84-49F2-9F91-F97EAB741806@microsoft.com... > ...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Supporting multiple human languages (e.g. English, French, ...) in MFC UI
What's the best approach to supporting multiple languages in an MFC application? I'm expecting to have to have different builds, but I'd like it to be efficient if possible. Thanks. TimHunt, In my experience, for two (or three, if it is one small app) languages, having resources for the different languages in the same exe is ok. More than that, resource DLLs is the way to go. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "TimHunt" <timwhunt@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:On918c3lDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What's the best approach to supporti...

Multiple emails being sent
Using XP Professional and sometimes recipients get multiple copies - 20 - 30+? What's the fix? ssicfo wrote: > Using XP Professional and sometimes recipients get multiple copies - 20 - > 30+? What's the fix? Get rid of the superfluous e-mail scanner in your anti-virus program. It affords no additional protection beyond the on-access scanner. ...

Multiple xpathexpression with Namespacemanager
Hi Have created an xml document with an xmltextwriter with a namespace, so it can be validated against an xsd schema. Later in my application, I want to extract values from the xml and am using xpathexpression. Because I have a namespace in the xml, I have to use the xmlNameSpaceManager and comile an xpathquery as below: objXMLXPathNav = objXMLXPathDocument.CreateNavigator() '//Add namespace manager 'Dim objExpr As XPathExpression = objXMLXPathNav.Compile("ns1:root/ns1:element1") 'Dim objNamespaces As XmlNamespac...

multiple AND statements
I need to test a cell with about 20 different conditions like so: IF (A1 < 5)(A1 >= 5 and < 10) ....etc. What is the proper syntax for this? Would I be better off writing a function? I read that a VBA function is MUCH slower but that is not really a problem. Gale Gorman Houston , try =if(and(a1>5,a1<=10,1,2) "Gale Gorman" <ggorman@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:BHXmb.10024$xv4.1395@twister.austin.rr.com... > I need to test a cell with about 20 different conditions > like so: > > IF (A1 < 5)(A1 >= 5 and < 10) ....etc. >...

Outlook 2000 multiple deliveries?
Why do my sent emails in Outlook 2000 sp3 deliver to the recipients multiple times? I sent a 1 mb email to 4 people and they recieved it over 20 times. It does not happen with small messages but anything near 1 mb or more, I use comcast as my isp. Also it hangs in my outbox for long periods of time as well. Any ideas how to fix?? Comcast says they do not support Outlook only Express. Comcast should be able to tell you what their maximum message size is, though. Sounds like you're hitting a limit. If you send these messages one at a time, will they go out? Chuck wrote: > Why do m...

Multiple Data Validations continued...
Thanks Frank, but I have dozens of options. Is there any way besides using VBA? I have 4 Data Validation lists, 3 of which use the INDIRECT function. Once the last list is chosen, I need a value entered automatically in the adjacent cell. ie: If cell E2="Standard Oak", then I need the number 5 in cell F2 If cell E2="Standard Maple", I need the number 6 in cell F2. etc. Any help would be appreciated. joe Hi Joe frist please stay in the original thread - makes it easier to contionue For multiple options you may use VLOOKUP. e.g. you have a separate sheet (lets say ...

Inserting multiple rows #2
Hi, I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom of my spreadsheet. Is there an easier way to do this besides inserting one at a time. Thanks. If you want to insert 6 rows between row 10 and 11, say, select the row identifier for row 11 then drag down until 6 rows are highlighted. Then simply Insert | Rows. Hope this helps - you can do the same thing for columns. Pete Select six rows first, then go to insert row. That will insert 6 rows all at once. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "syssupspe" wrote: > Hi, > I woould like to insert about 6 rows to the bottom ...

Multiple instances of Outlook #3
MS Office pro 2003 SP2 Situation: One PC multiple users. Normally logged on to PC and network as MainUser. One Outlook-account "MainUser" and 5 accounts "User1" etc. Normally we are logged on to Outlook with the account MainUser. By closing and restarting Outlook we can log on to any other of the accounts. Question: Is it possible to have multiple instances of Outlook open at the same time so we can view both MainUser and e.g. User1?? knut Outlook can only run under one MAPI profile at a time. XP's Quick user switching might allow you to run it multiple tim...

Duplicating parts of a worksheet
I am working with an excel worksheet with five columns (account, date description, purchase order, and expense amount). I want to summariz from this worksheet all of the expenses by account. I know how to get the total expenses for each account from this list but I want to be able to create another worksheet for each account tha lists date, description, purchase order, and expense amount. Is ther a way to do this without requiring double entering of everything -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This sounds like a job for a Pivottable. You can create a nice summary repor...

Populate multiple records via check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and found similar situations with solutions but I just can't quite understand how to do this. I am trying to use form controls i.e. checkboxes and/or multiselect list boxes to populate multiple records from a related table. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. In the table "teachers_to_subjects" each record contains one teacher & one subject. The purpose of this table is to relate teachers to subjects in a many-to-many fashion. I have a primary form which shows teacher info. What I want is a form...

Users requiring multiple mailboxes
We are currently running NT server 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. I have joined this orginization just recently and the method they have used to create Calendars for things like resources and rooms has been to create a new mailbox and then assign staff permission to the mailboxes This means that nearly everyone has at least 5 or 6 mailboxes associated to there Outlook profile. On top of this they do the same for each new "group" e-mail they want created i.e. info@abc.com, request@abc.com etc. I believe this is so they can send on behalf of I believe in using Public Folders which they barely...

Formatted text in multiple lines in CListCtrl #3
I would like to know how can I display formatted text (Different fonts and colors) in multiple lines in a single cell in CListCtrl large icon view. I have seen samples on codeproject/codeguru that deals with changing text color/font. But I would like to display formatted text (e.g: Some bold text and some different color in multiple lines in a single item) along with an icon in each cell. How can I achieve this using CListCtrl? If not, can you please suggest any alternative solutions? The following article on codeproject suggests on how to change the row height in an owner drawn list control...