Moving e-mail from Thunderbird to Outlook Under Windows 7

I used Thunderbird as my e-mail client on my old XP machine, and now
have a Windows 7 machine with Office 2007. I would like to import all
my old Thunderbird e-mails into Outlook, but am have been unable to
doing so. Most solutions I have found by googling the problem seem to
involve converting Thunderbird's mailboxes into eml files, importing
these into outlook express and then moving them to Outlook. Given that
Outlook Express does not exist under Windows 7, and the fact that I am
reluctant to install Windows Live Mail (why clutter the computer with
software I will not use), is there another solution? I have copied all
my mail files from my old machine to my new one by bringing them over
on a USB drive - what ought I to do next?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Philips
0
tkpmep

There are 3rd party tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/convmsg.htm -
address magic and others can do it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

<tkpmep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I used Thunderbird as my e-mail client on my old XP machine, and now
> have a Windows 7 machine with Office 2007. I would like to import all
> my old Thunderbird e-mails into Outlook, but am have been unable to
> doing so. Most solutions I have found by googling the problem seem to
> involve converting Thunderbird's mailboxes into eml files, importing
> these into outlook express and then moving them to Outlook. Given that
> Outlook Express does not exist under Windows 7, and the fact that I am
> reluctant to install Windows Live Mail (why clutter the computer with
> software I will not use), is there another solution? I have copied all
> my mail files from my old machine to my new one by bringing them over
> on a USB drive - what ought I to do next?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Thomas Philips

0
Diane

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

SMTP QUEUE #7
Good afternoon, I am having problems with deleting all the mail from my smtp queue. i see where i have two queue folders under \exchsrvr\mailroot\vs1 and vs2. i deleted all emails from these queue folders but every time i restart my smtp service, my system is real slow- i know that someone connected to our exchange server for mail relaying and have made changes to our pix firewall to prevent this again. however, why is it that i have nothing in my queue but when i start the smtp service, the system slows to a crawl. is it by chance that messages are still in the information store- wait...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?