Microsoft Outlook 2010

I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it SHOULD be
under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is not
there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

Jacob

0
Jacob

Jacob A. Servay wrote:
> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
> SHOULD be
> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
> not
> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
6/7/2010 7:37:43 PM
I see the picture, but in my outlook 2010 it simply is not there. Weird huh?
I did however find it in the FILE OPEN. Thank you for your help

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid>
wrote in message news:Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid...

> Jacob A. Servay wrote:
>> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
>> SHOULD be
>> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
>> not
>> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?
>>
> You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
> Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471
>

> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Jacob

Auto Configure Outlook 2003 profile
We have lots of sales people using different computers at different sites. I would love to auto configure Outlook 2003 for them so that they don't have to call me for that. Is there any way that I can auto configure their Outlook 2003? I am talking about when a new user logs in the first time and try to use Outlook, it displays a dialogue box to enter server name and user name. So is it possible to autofill those fields and auto configure Outlook 2003. It's a W2k3 & E2k3 environment. Thanks Joel "Joel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Online Help update available for Download
Hi All! The Microsoft Dynamics CRM content development team responds to the documentation feedback entered at the bottom of every Online Help page in Microsoft CRM. This feedback is incorporated into regular updates that are available on the Microsoft Download Center. An update was just posted this week that contains changes based on customer and partner feedback during the months of December and January. You can download it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en. Good luck! Crystal L. Smithwick Microsoft Dyn...

Outlook Security Form question
Hi there, The company who hired me was having issues with the Object Model Guard in combination with a document archiving system. I solved it by adding the com addins to the trusted code tab on a Outlook security form. The only thing I find strange is that the form does not show up in the Public folder view when viewed from a computer that does not have the ocx and dll registrered, required to manage the form. It is however processed by outlook on those clients. Is this normal behaviour???? I never noticed it in the past, because I have these files registred on my boxes. Regards, Mark ...

Outlook Express #128
Over the past few weeks I have not been able to open attachments which come with my e-mails on Outlook Express. I have not noticed a message that say "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in you mail" I am missing important attachments sent to me and don't know how to undo OE's ability to block attachments. Please help, thank you. "dlenox@prodigy.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037301c3de90$2287fc20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Over the past few weeks I have not been able to open > attachments which co...

OUTLOOK not sending or receiving
I tried loading and running Internet-mail service and it worked fine. Then i added the exchange server service and nothing worked. I removed both and loaded the exchange server service again and nothing. I reloaded the Internet- mail service and it works fine. I had to create a new user profile to get Exchange server service to work alone. What was removed for the system to get Exchange server service to work or is there a fix to the problem. Thanks ...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

Outlook 2003, XP, over IPSec VPN
Can ping the mail server by name, but not able to resolve mailbox name in the properties of the profile. Combination is XP (SP1 w/ all critical updates), Outlook 2003 (w/ all updates), and an IPSec VPN, and a back-end Exchange 2000 mail server. I can connect and authenticate using OWA thru the VPN w/o a problem. Also, have a Win2K Pro laptop w/ Outlook 2000 over the same IPSec VPN that works fine. Appears to be a problem with the XP/Outlook 2003 combo. This KB is close, but I'm not using a UPN... rather I'm trying to authenticate using Domain\username. http://support.m...

Upgrade path from DPM 2007 SP1 to 2010
Hello! I have now a DPM 2007 SP1 running on Srv 2003 SP2 (64 bit). My goal is to perform an upgrade to DPM 2010, running on Srv 2008 R2. Is this supported directly or should i make a "temporary installation" to Srv 2008 (64 bit)? I've understood that i should first install the DPM 2007 on the new OS, then restore the old DPM database, after this do an in-place upgrade of DPM 2007 to 2010. Can i do these steps directly from 2003 (64bit) to 2008 R2? Thanks in advance! Direct OS upgrade may break the DPM and leave DPM in un-operational/un-recoverable state. ...

How do I acces my sent mail in outlook?
How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? Open the "Sent" folder. sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? click on the Sent Items folder "sbrogdon" wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? So just what folders is are listed in the folder tree list shown in your install of Outlook? What type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange) do you access using Outlook? From WHERE did you send the e-mail? Using Outlook, using a different e-mail ...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Shared Folder: Outlook 2003
Hi there! I'm the owner of a small business with employees in different parts of the world. We're all running Outlook 2003. I'm interested in making something similar to an FYI board, where we could have one common folder for things we wish to share such as contacts, posts, and emails. How can I do this? Would I need a separate server? Regards, Kevin Exchange server would do quite nicely for your situation. Depending on the size of your enterprise, this might be a solution for you: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/server/resource-kit/ --� Milly Staples [MVP ...

Outlook crashes when changing folder to view
Background: Ex2000 server being replaced with Ex2003. Users moved to new server (in the same site) while the old one still exists. .. After that serveral clients - both Outlook 2002 and 2003 - crash when changing focus from one folder to another. /ResetFolders seemed to help on some cases, in most cases not. And an other problem: on several clients Deleted Items folder has lost its Empty Deleted Items menu item. Any idea how to fix these? Recreating Outlook profile seems to be the best medicine, but causes lot of work; signatures, .PST files, additional mailboxes etc. Thanks for your he...

How do I contact the people at Microsoft about MS Money?
I have used Microsoft Money, various versions, for many years, and I really like it. I am now up to Microsoft Money Plus Premium (Money 2008, if you prefer) and it works fine for me. With one BIG complaint for me. I've asked about it in this newsgroup over the years, and no one has been able to answer my question. I would really love to send this question/complaint to the team at Microsoft that work on MS Money, but I don't know how to reach them. How do I send them a message? Rod We'd all love to know. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:55B34F...

Syn Outlook 2003 to Apple IPOD Touch
Are there any issues with syncing these. I am considering the purchase of the IPOD now. I am interested in Calendar and Contact info "les" <lester12345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:45aeaa73-e70c-4a00-be0b-cb43f29bff36@32g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Are there any issues with syncing these. I am considering the > purchase of the IPOD now. I am interested in Calendar and Contact info iTunes can be used to sync with Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] AFAIK, it works ok. Visit Apple's forums http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1144 and ...

Link Outlook to Excel
is there a way that you can link a task to a spreedsheet in excel? ...

Outlook #300
I am getting this message a lot when Outlook crashes. What is going on? The laptop in question has Time Matters 8 and Franklin Covey hooks. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, stamp 44ab9a84, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012a5b. Also, can someone direct me to where I can find out how to read this message? Please check your application event viewer for an eventID and source. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Folstaff" wrote: &g...

Dictionary
Any idea why, when I have set the dictionary to 'English (UK)' within Tools-Options-Spelling, it defaults to English (US) on first use when checking spelling within e-mails? By changing this on the drop-down (on the e-mail itself) it then remains at UK until the programme is shut-down again but reverts to US after that. The Tools-Options-Spelling setting always shows UK. Any thoughts? What is your OS Language set for? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

which smartphone for Outlook synchronization?
My Samsung BlackJack II is flaking out, and of course the warranty expired two months ago .... I need a combination of good cellphone AND good to excellent synchronization with Outlook for calendar, contacts, and TO DO. Wireless data is not something I use right now, because I can't justify the expense. With the BlackJack, I can sync up easily with a USB plug-in cable. What's hot and what's not? I've heard from several people that the iPhone is not a good phone, whatever its other plusses. I should also mention that my carrier is AT&T. Thanks. -AH Try posting to (...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Delete / Remove Attachments from Reading Pane in Outlook 2003?
is this possible? i could have sworn i was able to do it when i first installed outlook 2003. in the Reading Pane, the attachment would show up in the header and i would right-click the attachment and select Remove, but now the option is grayed out. it doesn't make sense for it to be grayed out if unless it was usable at one time. if it was never an option to remove attachment from the Reading Pane, "Remove" shouldn't be there on the right-click menu. i can still remove attachments by fully opening up the email and right-clicking on the attachment and selecting Remove, b...

Line Wrapping in Calendar View Outlook 2003
I am unable to get the full appointment subject message to show in the calendar view or when I print in Outlook 2003. I can't figure out how to get the text to wrap. Appreciative of any help. ...

Setting up task, calender, etc in outlook.
I only can use my outlook for e-mail. How do I get all the other things, such as task, calendar, address book etc. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? OE is a completely different program from Outlook, and OE is only for mail and newsgroups. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Val Gennai" <val@design-eu> wrote in message news:057101c34739$473cc9e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I only can use my outlook for e-mail. How do I get...

Outlook 2007 and Hotmail
Hi, I have just downloaded Office 2007 from the Microsoft site, and upgraded from Office 2003. Now, when I open Outlook 2007, it tells me that it cannot connect to my Hotmail account, which worked perfectly through Outlook 2003. Specifically, the message says: A connection to the server cannot be established. http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode. If I highlight one of the Hotmail folders (e.g. Inbox), and click File, Connect to Hotmail from the menu, nothing appears to happen - the cursor changes to an hourglass for about a second, then back to the ...

Outlook shortcuts disappear
Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Even groups that I create won't "stick". I have Outlook 2003, fully patched. Any ideas? I'm not using special characters or anything weird. Roger <roger@nowhere.net> wrote: > Whenever I close Outlook my shortcuts go away. Shortcuts where? > Even groups that I create won't "stick". Outlook doesn't have any construct called a "group". What do you mean by this term? -- Brian Tillman In the Navigation Pane, in Shortcuts, you can create shortcuts to folders. You can also cre...

Outlook hangs opening attachments and URLs
Suddenly Outlook is hanging up when left-clicking on attachments and URLs. The programs show up in Windles Task Manager as "Not Responding" but then around 90 seconds later the attachment or URL opens up and everything returns to normal. So, there's no error report produced, and I can't seem to locate where the hang-up is. Seems to be some system resource that's being requested and taking a long time to receive it. This is not a new problem according to what's out there on newsgroups, but i can't find a solution listed on any of the reports, so i'm re-post...