Microsoft Outlook 2010

I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it SHOULD be
under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is not
there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

Jacob

0
Jacob

Jacob A. Servay wrote:
> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
> SHOULD be
> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
> not
> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471

http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Diane
6/7/2010 7:37:43 PM
I see the picture, but in my outlook 2010 it simply is not there. Weird huh?
I did however find it in the FILE OPEN. Thank you for your help

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid>
wrote in message news:Diane.Poremsky.MVP.4c7bom@outlookforums.invalid...

> Jacob A. Servay wrote:
>> I am trying to back up my contacts. According to the help file, it
>> SHOULD be
>> under File, Options, advanced and in there should be a export. Mine is
>> not
>> there. Does anyone have any ideas why this is?
>>
> You can get to it from the File, Open, Import menu too... but its in
> Advanced: http://slipstick.me/jing/export_001.png
>

> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=46471
>

> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
Jacob

Outlook 97
I use Outlook 97 to send mail to recipients on a mailing list, but some are reporting that they get a blank message body. There is no attachment, and the messages are sent using MIME format, as plain text. Not all recipients have this problem. Any ideas? Would using UUENCODE help? If so,. why? All input gratefully received Regards Nick ...

SPELL CHECK
I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was checked".... any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam If you are on exchange try and remove your profile folder from both the server and the client machine. Had the same problem last week. >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to use spell check in outlook express....get >the message...."an error occurred while the spelling was >checked".... > >any help would be appreciated..thnx...sam >. > Owen <ohein@sasktel.net> wro...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

view additional mailboxes offline in outlook
Using Outlook 2003 - We have stup a user to be able to share a mailbox, with another account. When the account is online then the user can see the mailbox and it's contents. When the user is offline they can see the mailbox, but if they click onn it they get an error message saying that the server is unavailable. The shared mailbox is setup for caching. Is there a way to see this mailbox offline? A user needs to be online to see other mailboxes. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please...

Outlook 2003 wont stop
I sill have the probs with OL 2003. It absolutely wont stop. If I start Outlook the first time then there is no problem. As I click the EXIT button Outlook closes but the Icon of Outlook remains in the Taskbar of Windows. Restaring OL is not possible. Killing Outlook via TaskManager wont help either. Please Help!! Benjamin Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

How can I install the CRM for Outlook Client on 64bit Win7
Hi, I am trying to install the CRM for Outlook client, but as there is no 64 version to be found on the Microsoft site, how should I install the 32bit version of the client? Thanks Harry That what I have done and it works perfect with Office 2007 which is x86. Questions will raise with the x64 version of Office 2010.... CS http://www.addonnice.com Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce - XRM EMailing "Harry van Rossum" <Harry van Rossum@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 8B61605E-E2AA-43EE-A775-60FF8868733A@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

Can't delete items or move items in Outlook 2002
When I try to delete an item in Outlook 2002, I get an error message that says: "The messaging interface has returned an unkown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I also get that message if I try to move an opened email to a different folder using the Move To Folder command under the File menu. And if I close the email and simply try to click and drag it to a different folder, I get: "Can't move item" Can anyone please tell me how to fix these problems? I'm running Windows XP Pro. Could it be that my .pst file is too large? My outloo...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

Reboots when opening Word documents in Outlook 2000
Whenever I try to open a Word document in Outlook 2000, my computer reboots. This just started happening. I have reloaded Office 2000, done virus scans and checked my pc with Spybot. Nothing has been identified. Any ideas? ...

Microsoft 60 Day Trial Key
Hi I have a new HP PC with Office 2007 Trial installed on it with an Activation Assistant that I click the 1 button to get a 60 Trial key. When clicking this I don't get a key but pop up message. "The Microsoft Office Activation Assistant was unable to request your trial activation key. Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the error continues, go to www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial2007 to request a trial activation key. " So i then goto website and click on the link which takes me to here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/products/FX101759...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Reporting Bugs to Microsoft
I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? Whats the bug? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "fatiefats" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682EE703-4471-4D68-9359-CD32DD34DA9D@microsoft.com... >I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? I attempted to uninstall Exchange server. I need to do this because the domain controller was incorrectly installed. Anyway I am getting this message: Setup encountered an error while checking prereq...

cannot open Outlook
When I try to open Outlook 97 I get the following error: Mapisp32 This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=bff7b997 EFLGS=00000246 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0063f8d0 EBP=0063fab8 ECX=c14eb7f0 DS=0167 ESI=0063fd58 FS=5217 EDX=bffc9490 ES=0167 EDI=0063fd58 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 76 04 e8 26 89 ff ff 5e c2 04 00 56 8b 74 24 Stack dump: 0063fb10 7c6b2593 0063fd58 85762034 0063fb10 7c6b2484 0063fb10 85762034 85762278 85762278 7c6a7881 0063fb10 0063fb10 0063fb24 00000000 00000000 ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Need help converting Microsoft Outlook calendar to Entourage.... At wits' end here! Please advise...
I have a Mac at work which runs Microsoft Outlook 2001 client on an Exchange server. I have a calendar on this machine (stored locally, not on the server) which has a ton of reminders programmed into it - very useful! Now, at home I got a new Mac laptop with Entourage X. Is there any way to move all of the reminders (appointments) from my calendar on Outlook to my Entourage calendar? I've tried two things: 1) I exported the calendar info as a CSV text file, and then tried importing it in Entourage. The problem is that Entourage import function seems to think it's importing an Address...

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

Outlook not opening #2
I recently installed Outlook. When I try to open it, I get the error message "Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater". I do have OE 5.0 installed. Why am I getting this error? ...

Outlook prompts a errorr report
Hi, All my Outlook2003 always prompts :"! tasks"Microsoft Exchange Server" report a error(0x8004010F):"operation failure. can't find a object. But My outlook2003 send/receive email is normal.It can send and receive email. Then how can I solve this problems .thanks. !����Microsoft Exchange Server�������˴���0x8004010F):"����ʧ�ܡ��Ҳ���ij������ Nothing you can do from the client side as this message could mean that one or all key system folders on Exchange server are not being replicated/populated with information. The system folders I refer to are: Offline A...

Import Outlook Contacts into AC2003
I've created an application using AC2003 which was both fast and easy. I have a new requirement to enhance the database to be able to import both contacts and calendar appointments from Office 2003. One thing that makes this somewhat complicated is that the client wants this process to show both the contact from Outlook and the contact from the access database side by side and selectively choose the pieces of info from the Outlook contacts to be appended in the access database. I know how to do this but it will be a lot of work. Can anyone point me to a tool, project...

Outlook across VPN and domains
I have a user who is temporarily working in my office. we have a vpn to our office in another city. I can ping the exchange server there and resolve it by name, but our AD are completely seaperate. We are actually seperate companies and do not wish to merge our domains. But outlook cannot resolve the name to the exchange server in the other domain. I can ping it, I can connect to it via telnet, but Outlook refuses to resolve it. Are you using cached mode or online? Does it work if you set up a hosts file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outloo...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...