Message Recall will not process recalls automatically from users mailbox

I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It
would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I
had a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to
recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange
users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to
read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall
message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the
message.

Is there anyway to set up message recall throughout the enterprise so that
it work regardless of user interaction or their online/offline status? It
seems this is a pretty critical feature especially in an enterprise
environment so there should be some way to enforce it to process w/o user
interaction.

0
Andrew

"Andrew" <andrew.zuza@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It
>would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I had
>a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to
>recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange
>users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to
>read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall
>message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the
>message.

This is how recall works.  The recipient must process the recall message
before the recalled message in order for Outlook to know the message is to be
removed.

> Is there anyway to set up message recall throughout the enterprise so that
> it work regardless of user interaction or their online/offline status? It
> seems this is a pretty critical feature especially in an enterprise
> environment so there should be some way to enforce it to process w/o user
> interaction.

I don't think there's anything you'll be able to do about it.  Most of us
don't bother with recall since the conditions under which it works are so
narrow.  I would agree that the server should process it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Interface not registered message

Duplicate Messages

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Lockbox processing #2
I have an account that is paying 3 invoices and each invoice is listed under a seperate customer acocunt. It is bringing the total of the 3 payments in and putting it under the customer that had the invoice number listed on the spreadsheet first. My lockbox processing is set to apply by specific invoice and then none. An example is John's Computer Service is paying $9,000. That $9,000 should be divided between customer John 's GP for inv #122 $3000, John's CRM inv # 5 $6000 and John's Etho inv# 99 $3000. Instead it's showing a $9,000 payment to John's GP wi...

Server unwilling to process your request
Hi, When I try to change the parent BU for some child BU's, I get the following error "Server unwilling to process your request". There is no obvious reason why this is happening, and it seems that this is not a common error either. However, I would really apprecaite if someone could somehow help me here... Thanks in advance, Nidal this may indicate an issue with your domain controllers. Have your administrators check the event logs on your domain controllers when you try this change again. Are you seeing any other issues? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http:...

Automatically open Detail Entry Window
In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this with Modifier or VBA? Extender would come in very handy. You don't need to write a single code. Record a macro using GP macro and embed it on the SOP Entry window using Extender. "Elaine" wrote: > In SOP Transcation Entry, I'd like the Sales Customer Detail Entry window to > open automatically after the customer ID is selected. Is this possible? How > would I go about doi...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...

Parameters to open SO Manager with your credentials automatically?
Does anyone know of either shortcut target line parameters that would cause you to automatically log in with a specific user/password combo; or even a command prompt parameter? Thanks! ...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...