message larger than current system limit -can i change the limit?

"...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
burdensome to them.

In article <97BF09CF-8C70-40D0-A74F-F4EA14F98A43@microsoft.com>,
Shane@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

How would anyone here know without more information?

What version of Outlook are you using?  What is it connected to?
(Exchange Server?).  If you're connected to Exchange Server, you'll need
to ask the admin.

--
Duncan.
0

"Shane" wrote:

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.
Outlook does not have such a limit. The limit is imposed by your mail
server, whether it's POP3 or Exchange.

If this is a work Exchange account that you have, the restriction is likely
placed upon everyone to relieve the burden on the server. You can ask the
Exchange admin or Network admin for a temporary lift of the restriction but
rarely will it be lifted permanently. You will likely also find that you
have a mailbox cap as well so you will need to maintain your mailbox size.

If you are trying to email someone locally, that is within your company,
don't. Put the documents on the network instead in a location the other
person can access. Don't clutter up your mailbox AND theirs.

--

Kathleen Orland

"Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

0
Orland
5/5/2010 5:15:24 PM
Shane wrote:

> "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the
> limit to receive larger emails?  I have construction documents/plans that
> require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is
> burdensome to them.

Sure.  Install and operate your own mail server.  Be prepared to pay for a
static IP address if you don't want to get blacklisted while using a dynamic
IP address, and learn how to secure your mail server, and pay for anti-spam
programs that work with your choice of e-mail server, and ...

Do it yourself to have control.  Use someone else's property and you get
what they give you.

E-mail is NOT a reliable file transfer mechanism.  It wasn't intended or
designed for that.  It was designed to send lots of small messages.  There
is no CRC check on the file to ensure integrity.  There is no resume to
re-retrieve the file if the e-mail download fails.  There is no guarantee
the e-mail will arrive uncorrupted.  Large e-mails can generate timeouts and
retries due to the delay when anti-virus programs interrogate their content.

Do not use e-mail to send large files.  It is rude to the recipient.  Not
every recipient might want your large file.  Not every recipient has
high-speed broadband Internet access.  Many users still use slow dial-up
access, especially if all they do is e-mail.  You waste your e-mail
provider's disk space and their bandwidth to send a huge e-mail.  You waste
the e-mail provider's disk space and bandwidth at the recipient's end.  You
eat up the disk quota for the recipient's mailbox (which could render it
unusable so further e-mails get rejected due to a full mailbox).  You
irritate users still on dial-up that have to wait eons waiting to download
your huge e-mail. Some users have usage quotas (i.e., so many bytes/month)
and you waste it with a file that they may not want.  Don't be insensitive
to recipients of your e-mails.  Take the large file out of the e-mail.

Save the file in online storage and send the recipient a URL link to the
file.  Your e-mail remains small.  It is more likely to arrive.  It is more
likely to be seen.  The recipient can decide whether or not and when to
download your large file.  Be polite by sending small e-mails.

Your ISP probably allows many gigabytes of online storage for personal web
pages.  Upload your file there and provide a URL link to it.  Other methods
(of using online storage), all free, are:

http://www.adrive.com/              (50GB max quota, 2GB max file size)
http://www.driveway.com/            (500MB max file size)
http://www.filefactory.com/         (300MB max file size)
http://www.megashares.com/          (10GB max file size)
http://www.sendspace.com/           (300MB max file size)
http://www.spread-it.com/           (500MB max file size)
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/    (1GB max file size)
http://zshare.net/                  (500MB max file size)
http://www.zupload.com/             (500MB max file size)

If it is sensitive content and when storing it online in a public storage
area or to guard it against whomever operates the online storage service,
remember to encrypt it.
0
VanguardLH

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Saving toolbar changes

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

Changing query execution sequence

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Automatic changes in cells

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Previous/Next in Outlook 2003 email message crash
I have Outlook 2003, when I opened an email then after reading it, I clicked Previous or Next Item within my message, it crashed Outlook. Does anyone have or seen this problem before, any fixes or solution? Thanks in advance. Tlam ...

Message Cleanup
Does anyone have an idea why I get this every week? (all zeros) I have about 30 active mailboxes...? It should clean them up (I think) which would be greater than zero! The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Completed at: 2007-02-11 00:05:07 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB DO you have a mailbox cleanup policy in place? IF so, what folders are you cleaning at what time frame? "Len A" <nomail@nospa...

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

How to change PERMANENTLY environment variables from batch script?
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the current, remaining session) be entering e.g. set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH% However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they are lost after a reboot. Is there a(nother) way to change them PERMANENTLY from batch script? I can imagine that there is a way by a regedit or VisualBasic script or 3rd party cmdline tool. Again: I don't want to edit them manually e.g. in the "System" dialog in control panel. The change should take place on ...