Message-Data file not properly closed???

Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close
properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems.
Performance might be affected by the check in progress.

When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly.
 Is there some reason this happens?  I even go back to my main screen now.
Is there something more I should be doing.

Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook?
If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook.

If it still does this after the checking has completed, then something is
crashing Outlook upon shutdown or leaving the process still running. To
troubleshoot see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm

Also, you might want to check your pst-files for errors manually with
scanpst.exe. This does a more thorough check than the startup check. For
details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Hi Dee" <hD@appletr.com> wrote in message
> Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not
> close
> properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems.
> Performance might be affected by the check in progress.
>
> When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit
> properly.
> Is there some reason this happens?  I even go back to my main screen now.
> Is there something more I should be doing.

0
Roady
1/26/2010 1:42:14 PM
I have an iPhone which automatically updates with MobileMe.  Could this be it?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook?
> If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook.
>
> If it still does this after the checking has completed, then something is
> crashing Outlook upon shutdown or leaving the process still running. To
> troubleshoot see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
>
> Also, you might want to check your pst-files for errors manually with
> scanpst.exe. This does a more thorough check than the startup check. For
> details see;
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Hi Dee" <hD@appletr.com> wrote in message
> > Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not
> > close
> > properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems.
> > Performance might be affected by the check in progress.
> >
> > When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit
> > properly.
> > Is there some reason this happens?  I even go back to my main screen now.
> > Is there something more I should be doing.
>
> .

I have an iPhone syncing automatically with Mobile Me.  Could this be it?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook?
> If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook.
>
> If it still does this after the checking has completed, then something is
> crashing Outlook upon shutdown or leaving the process still running. To
> troubleshoot see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
>
> Also, you might want to check your pst-files for errors manually with
> scanpst.exe. This does a more thorough check than the startup check. For
> details see;
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Hi Dee" <hD@appletr.com> wrote in message
> > Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not
> > close
> > properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems.
> > Performance might be affected by the check in progress.
> >
> > When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit
> > properly.
> > Is there some reason this happens?  I even go back to my main screen now.
> > Is there something more I should be doing.
>
> .

That could indeed keep Outlook running, especially when it is still
connected when you close Outlook.

--

> I have an iPhone which automatically updates with MobileMe.  Could this be
> it?
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook?
>> If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook.
>>
>> If it still does this after the checking has completed, then something is
>> crashing Outlook upon shutdown or leaving the process still running. To
>> troubleshoot see;
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm
>>
>> Also, you might want to check your pst-files for errors manually with
>> scanpst.exe. This does a more thorough check than the startup check. For
>> details see;
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Hi Dee" <hD@appletr.com> wrote in message
>> > Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not
>> > close
>> > properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems.
>> > Performance might be affected by the check in progress.
>> >
>> > When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit
>> > properly.
>> > Is there some reason this happens?  I even go back to my main screen
>> > now.
>> > Is there something more I should be doing.
>>
>> .

0
Roady

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

MS Money 95 data files

data input in text box

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

Sorting Data #5

Where is the workspace file stored?

Message comes as an attachment

cant start outlook pst file to large

Trying to read XML file into dataset

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

opening .bak file

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

Exchange Message Archive/Availability
I have Exchange 5.5 currently. I've posted a few messages this morning on store limits. Thanks for the replies! This quetion is a geared a bit differently. Our users receive a lot of email that they want to retain, but business-wise it does not belong in their mailbox. Meaning, its an email that other people in the organization should have access to. A quick example of this would be a customer service rep receiving an email PO. This may be an attachment or it may be just in the body of the email. Currently, this rep creates a folder in their mailbox called customer A and retains the email...