Managing 2 email addresses in Outlook 7 on Windows Vista

 I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same
Inbox,Junk Mail, etc.  I need to keep these accounts separate.

Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel, then
user accounts, then mail.  Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to
click on under user accounts.

How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email
account I want to receive?  Is there a simple way of doing this?
Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account?
--
Outlook 07 user

"Outlook 07 user" <Outlook07user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same
> Inbox,Junk Mail, etc.  I need to keep these accounts separate.
>
> Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel,
> then
> user accounts, then mail.  Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to
> click on under user accounts.
>
> How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email
> account I want to receive?  Is there a simple way of doing this?
> Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account?

What you do depends on whether you want to separate these accounts into
different folders in the same profile, or whether you want to create two
separate profiles.
To do the former, just create a new pst file within Outlook, then in Account
settings tell Outlook to deliver one of the accounts to the new pst file.
Tools-Account Settings). To do the latter, go to Control Panel, set the view
to Classic and the Mail applet will appear. Create a new profile there.

0
Gordon
4/26/2010 6:07:17 AM

If you're running a 64bit Windows, you need to click the 'Display 32bit
Control Panel' button (or similar), which is visible for the classic view.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:59:01 -0700 schrieb Outlook 07 user:

>  I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same
> Inbox,Junk Mail, etc.  I need to keep these accounts separate.
>
> Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel,
then
> user accounts, then mail.  Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to
> click on under user accounts.
>
> How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email
> account I want to receive?  Is there a simple way of doing this?
> Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account?
0
Michael
4/26/2010 6:58:49 AM
I have Vista 64 bit and do NOT have the "display 32 bit" prompt or display
choice in classic view.  Any suggestions?

Please also advise if I am correct in thinking I need two separate Outlook
profiles as currently all inbox emails goes into the default email account,
then I must move those emails that do not below into the other account.

Thanks!!!
--
Outlook 07 user

> I have Vista 64 bit and do NOT have the "display 32 bit" prompt or display
> choice in classic view.  Any suggestions?
>
> Please also advise if I am correct in thinking I need two separate Outlook
> profiles as currently all inbox emails goes into the default email
> account,
> then I must move those emails that do not below into the other account.

In Outlook 2007 you can specify, in Tools-Account Settings, a different set
of folders for each email account.

0
Gordon
4/26/2010 1:33:40 PM
Yes the folders are created but when I send/receive emails, both email
accounts' messages go into 'one' email inbox.  I have to manually separate
all incoming emails, etc. and I do not want to do this.

My understanding is that I need to set up 2 separate profiles and open each
email address separately.  Is there another way as I do not have the 'mail'
option to select under user accounts (which only has the admin. - me) to set
this up in Vista 64?
--
Outlook 07 user

"Outlook 07 user" wrote:

>  I have set up 2 email accounts but they are both coming into the same
> Inbox,Junk Mail, etc.  I need to keep these accounts separate.
>
> Instructions advise that I click the start button, then control panel, then
> user accounts, then mail.  Problem is I do NOT have 'mail' as an option to
> click on under user accounts.
>
> How do I find the Outlook Profile to set up so I can choose which email
> account I want to receive?  Is there a simple way of doing this?
> Also how do I set up the in,sent, out, etc. for this second email account?
> --
> Outlook 07 user
I thought I did this - To do the former, just create a new pst file within
Outlook, then in Account settings tell Outlook to deliver one of the accounts
to the new pst file. > Tools-Account Settings.  Why does it not work?
--
Outlook 07 user

> Yes the folders are created but when I send/receive emails, both email
> accounts' messages go into 'one' email inbox.  I have to manually separate
> all incoming emails, etc. and I do not want to do this.

Then specify the different folders in Tools-Account settings like I
posted...

0
Gordon
4/26/2010 2:33:26 PM
> I thought I did this - To do the former, just create a new pst file within
> Outlook, then in Account settings tell Outlook to deliver one of the
> accounts
> to the new pst file. > Tools-Account Settings.  Why does it not work?

Always has done here. What sort of email accounts?

0
Gordon
4/26/2010 2:43:00 PM

It's not under User Accounts. Just click Start/Control Panel, then look for
anything named like '*32bit*' in the classic view. For sure it's there. But
as I don't have an English 64bit version running, I don't know the exact
name.

--

Am Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:10:02 -0700 schrieb Outlook 07 user:

> I have Vista 64 bit and do NOT have the "display 32 bit" prompt or display
> choice in classic view.  Any suggestions?
>
> Please also advise if I am correct in thinking I need two separate Outlook
> profiles as currently all inbox emails goes into the default email
account,
> then I must move those emails that do not below into the other account.
>
> Thanks!!!
0
Michael

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Address book updating...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k