Mail rules with multiple conditions in subject/body (OR vs AND)

Using Outlook 2007.

I need a mail rule that runs if the subject contains "apples" AND "oranges"
AND the body contains "bananas" (it's okay if bananas is also in the subject).

But when creating rules, the conditions automatically become "OR" statements
and there seems to be no way to change them to "AND" statements.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thank you!

You'll have to create additional rules. For an example see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/220

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2007.
>
> I need a mail rule that runs if the subject contains "apples" AND
> "oranges"
> AND the body contains "bananas" (it's okay if bananas is also in the
> subject).
>
> But when creating rules, the conditions automatically become "OR"
> statements
> and there seems to be no way to change them to "AND" statements.
>
> Does anyone know a way around this?
>
> Thank you!

0
Roady
4/5/2010 3:43:23 PM
"Kathleen" <Kathleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I need a mail rule that runs if the subject contains "apples" AND "oranges"
> AND the body contains "bananas" (it's okay if bananas is also in the
> subject).
>
> But when creating rules, the conditions automatically become "OR" statements
> and there seems to be no way to change them to "AND" statements.

Here's how I did it:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/msg/46292dddbdfa4336
The "and" between the subject and body will happen automatically if you use
the "with specific words in the subject" and "with specific words in the body"
conditions in the same rule.  Multiple conditions are always ANDed.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Send As permission for mail-enabled list
I've set up a mail-enabled distro list in Exch2003. I've tried both Universal and Global and receive the same results. I have multiple users I need to add to this list and to have Send As permission (i.e. I need for multiple users to be able to send mail from this mail- enabled account). I've been configuring and re- configuring this for about 4 hours now and I've found that I add the group and then add a user and grant that user Send As permission. Any subsequent users added in the same manner cannot send from this account. They receive a message stating that they...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

Multiple Routing Groups
Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country needlessly. While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing groups? tia "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote: >Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It >now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing gro...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

mail merge and cc
I use Word 2007 mail merge to Outlook. I also want to CC to one person during the mail merge. I cannot find a way to put CC. The built-in mail merge feature does not offer a way to do this. You can use a mail merge add-in to achieve this though; See http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail The Mail Merge Toolkit from MAPILab fully integrates with the Mail Merge feature of Word and will add the CC and even an attachment option when doing a mail merge; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_mailmerge If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

e-mails history
Muy buenas. Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. Me gustar�a saber como poder migrar ese historial para que quede utilizable en otro ordenador. jose <oeaoio@hotmail.com> wrote: > Muy buenas. > > Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo > queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que > vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. > > Me gusta...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

Multiple 2d charts in a 3d display
I'm trying to get a visual representation of a database of info regarding loan analysis using a line graph. I want the data to show line items of widely varying values, and the lines I have come out flat in some instances because the y-axis is calibrated for up to six figures for some values, but single digits for others. Is there any way to create several 2d charts, then "stack" them up on a non-contiguous z-axis? ...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

OnCurrent of Form - Make not visible on condition
I currently have the following code under the onCurrent of my form: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database If Me.ID < 0 Then Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) strSQL = "INSERT INTO LastVisitedRecord ( lvCompanyID ) " _ & " VALUES ( " & Me.ID & " ) " db.Execute strSQL Set db = Nothing End If End Sub However, I'd like to add something to it, but have not had success. I'd like the form to evaluate if the NOTES field is empty (which is there but not visible) and if so, make other c...

how multiple recipient policies work in E2K3
If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the one with the highest priority? Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and also how the priority works? Try the article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319201 -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http://teoheras.blogspot.com/ "AdminKen" wrote: > If I have multiple recipient policies do they all get applied or only the > one with the highest priority? > > Can someone explain a scenario where having multiple policies are used and > also how the prior...

Mail received as raw HTML code
Hi. I have a problem with an automated mailing. I send a HTML email to various users using an asp page, to make the mailing I use ASPEmail. The problem is that one of the users, who has Microsoft Outlook Express installed, receive the mail as raw HTML code, however he is able to receive correctly other mails in HTML format. I=B4ve tried to fix this problem adding some META definitions to the mail=B4s code, I=B4ve used so far the following two: <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;" charset=3D"iso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2...

Reinstalled XP, now can't access Outlook mail. #2
We reinstalled XP Pro on our office machine. Now we cannot view our email (Outlook 2002)!!! Now when we launch Outlook it's as if it were a fresh install & we are a new user. HOW CAN WE USE OUR EXISISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT?? ...

growth vs. forecast.
can someone explain to me the difference between growth vs. forecast. also, are there any resources, that you know of, that can help me get a grasp of the analysis tool pak in excel Hi Vincent, FORECAST assumes the date is linear - i.e. that is can be reasonably fitted to y=mx+b GROWTH assumes the data is exponential - can be fit to y=aEXP(mx) For me, the best resources are books but I am an old man. Best wishes Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme "Vincent Jones" <vncntj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ba2a2d30.0307250906.45fc5bdb@posting.google.com... > can someone e...