Links not working/opening from Microsoft Office 2007 - Outlook

I had been using Microsoft Outlook without any problems until one day Links
would not open from my emails in Outlook.

Microsoft automatically installs updates however I have no recollection of
requesting this 'service'.  It seems that every time a new update is
installed, I experience yet another set of problems/errors.  I am running
Vista OS.

When I click on a link, the message I receive is:
'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.  Please contact your system administrator.'

I tried installing Microsoft Fix it hoping that it would help. The message I
receive is:

'Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.  This can occur if the
Windows Installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support personnel
for assistance.'

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could possibly help me with this issue
please.  I am a novice with s'ware, so I will need explicit instructions
please.

Thank you for taking the time to read my question...
Cheers,
Wendy

This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your
internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control
panel, Internet options, Advanced tab).
See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest
information.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"pennyfarthing" <pennyfarthing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had been using Microsoft Outlook without any problems until one day
> Links
> would not open from my emails in Outlook.
>
> Microsoft automatically installs updates however I have no recollection of
> requesting this 'service'.  It seems that every time a new update is
> installed, I experience yet another set of problems/errors.  I am running
> Vista OS.
>
> When I click on a link, the message I receive is:
> 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.  Please contact your system administrator.'
>
> I tried installing Microsoft Fix it hoping that it would help. The message
> receive is:
>
> 'Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.  This can occur if the
> Windows Installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support
> personnel
> for assistance.'
>
> I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could possibly help me with this issue
> please.  I am a novice with s'ware, so I will need explicit instructions
> please.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read my question...
> Cheers,
> Wendy

0
Diane

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

Linking files 2 ways

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

owa cant open ppt attachments

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

using the journal on outlook