Link Opening Receipt

In Outlook 2007, if I include a link as part of a message, is there a way to
get a read receipt not only for the message but also for the link? If not,
can I make a custom receipt where the recipient could indicate that he did
open the link and read the document? We're trying to find a way to be sure
that our employees read a policy manual that's on a network drive. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Add a variable to that link and then use the weblogs on that server to
monitor the traffic. You can also add a custom action to that webpage (when
accessed via a certain variable) which sends you an email alert.

Either way; it's not something that can be managed from Outlook, you'll have
to look at the web server hosting that page.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"ghillie30" <ghillie30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2007, if I include a link as part of a message, is there a way
> get a read receipt not only for the message but also for the link? If not,
> can I make a custom receipt where the recipient could indicate that he did
> open the link and read the document? We're trying to find a way to be sure
> that our employees read a policy manual that's on a network drive. Thanks
> in
> advance for any help.

0
Roady
6/7/2010 1:59:19 PM
"ghillie30" <ghillie30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook 2007, if I include a link as part of a message, is there a way to
> get a read receipt not only for the message but also for the link?

There's no way to guarantee receiving a read receipt.  Many people who get a
receipt request will disregard it.  I would.

> If not,
> can I make a custom receipt where the recipient could indicate that he did
> open the link and read the document? We're trying to find a way to be sure
> that our employees read a policy manual that's on a network drive. Thanks in
> advance for any help.

Make sure the web page to which the link directs them asks for their corporate
username and records it in a file.  Then, at some set time in the future when
the results should be complete, analyze the file to make sure everyone's
username shows up.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0