Large Message "stuck" in Outbox

I have a 13MB message that won't leave my outbox.  Been there for days.
I can't 'delete' it.
Any ideas on how to get it out of there?

Thanks!
Natasha

NatashaRuzynski

"NatashaRuzynski via OfficeKB.com" <u58273@uwe> wrote in message

>I have a 13MB message that won't leave my outbox.  Been there for days.
> I can't 'delete' it.
> Any ideas on how to get it out of there?

Asked and answered so many times.  Google is your friend.

Click File and check Work Offline.  Stop and restart Outlook.  Delete the
message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/19/2010 2:48:36 PM
Go into your Outbox. Open the email. Close it. Then try to delete it. If
that doesn't work, there are other troubleshooting methods listed here:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm

> I have a 13MB message that won't leave my outbox.  Been there for days.
> I can't 'delete' it.
> Any ideas on how to get it out of there?
>
> Thanks!
> Natasha

Orland
2/19/2010 2:48:45 PM
So excellent! Thank you!

(And my "Google" search, brought me here!) :) It is a good friend indeed.

Thanks again, have a great day!

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>>I have a 13MB message that won't leave my outbox.  Been there for days.
>> I can't 'delete' it.
>> Any ideas on how to get it out of there?
>
>Asked and answered so many times.  Google is your friend.
>
>Click File and check Work Offline.  Stop and restart Outlook.  Delete the
>message.  Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

NatashaRuzynski
2/19/2010 3:14:00 PM
reboot your modem/router

"Orland, Kathleen" wrote:

> Go into your Outbox. Open the email. Close it. Then try to delete it. If
> that doesn't work, there are other troubleshooting methods listed here:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm
>
> "NatashaRuzynski via OfficeKB.com" <u58273@uwe> wrote in message
> > I have a 13MB message that won't leave my outbox.  Been there for days.
> > I can't 'delete' it.
> > Any ideas on how to get it out of there?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Natasha
> >
> > --
> >

> .

Messages stuck in Queue with status Active and eventually fail.
I have an exchange 2000 server with SP3. The scenario is this; Everything has been functioning great except emailing to AOL, so I setup a smart host to use our ISP's smtp server. Well, they are getting flagged as open relay and the mail is rejected. So I had them setup a reverse dns lookup for our IP so I could send mail directly. I found a site that allows me to check RBL's and we came up good on about 25 of them, so we aren't black listed. Now we can email aol users without any problems, but all of a sudden, I can't get the server to deliver mail to other exchang...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

Stuck in Contract Billing
We are on GP version 9 sp 2. using the FieldService Contract module. We have several old contracts that show up on the Transactions-Contract Administration-Contract Billing screen. If you try to invoice them GP hangs. We have tried letting it run for over a weekend but it just won't process and keeps showing in the billing screen. Is there a file maintenance routine for Contracts or Field Service? I need to find a way to remove these old contracts. Thanks, David ...

SMTP-Virtual Server -Emails Stuck
Dear All, I have something happen here, which is UPNORMAL. We were having workgroup with 25 users, and one WinProxy Box with 2 Nic cards on it, and one connected to the LAN, and one connect to the ISP through VSAT with Real IP. No DNS internal at all, all of my users configured with Default gateway of the internal IP of WinProxy , and also able to browse internet with WebProxy client of WinProxy. Also, the mail server which is hosted in USA, we were using POP3 on MS-outlook behind the WinProxy- i mean in the configuration of outlook, we used to put the IP-Address of WinProxy i...

Message stuck in outbox #5
I have a large message stuck in the outbox that won't delete and won't send. How can it remove it from the outbox? ...

Emails are not reaching my inbox as they are stuck in server
Anybody got an idea how to clear get emails that are downloading but not appearing in my inbox. My Squirrel hosting app can see them but I cannot get to them I am getting an error message saying there is a problem in my c drive with Word. I cannot carry out any action on Microsoft Outlook, including deleting items because of this error message. Thanks. What precisely does the error message state, in full? -- Kathleen Orland "Airtime Talk Back" <Airtime Talk Back@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EC05B91-9656-4FF7-9B48-AC663460C502@mic...

email Stuck in users inbox. Outlook2000/Exchange2000
Hi guys.. One user here has an email stuck in her inbox. If you try and view or delete the mail outlook reports a "unknown error". IF you try abnd move the mail a message comes up saying "the item could not be deleted it was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied". exchange2000/outlook2000 ITs not a permissions issue, i get the same errors when trying to do thesame things from anohther PC where ive given that user full access to the persons mailbox. ITs asthough the email is stuck in limbo...... anyone any ideas ? Hello, Please try to check wea...

Read Receipt Stuck.............
I responded to an email Read Receipt and it was for an email account at work, now it tries to Send then fails with error, but it continues to try. How do I stop this from trying to reply??????? Woodyman <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I responded to an email Read Receipt and it was for an > email account at work, now it tries to Send then fails > with error, but it continues to try. How do I stop this > from trying to reply??????? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- Brian Tillman Thanks, I will try it as soon as I get home. Appreciate the...

Stuck in neverland Loop Going nowhere
VS 2003 using VB.NET I'm writing a program that reads text entries from a one file and matches them against values in an XML document. However, the code seems to just sit in the loop and never get anywhere, yet no errors occur. I tried this hard-coding a title known to be in the XML file and it worked ok. It seems to "hang" when the title is not found, but that's just a guess. Here is the code: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Text Imports System.Xml.XPath Imports System.io Public Class Form1 Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Public ARList As New ArrayList &#...

Message Stuck in Categorizer
We are running E2K. I added alias email addresses on some user accounts because SAP auto-generates these emails to our internal and external users. When messages are sent to incorrect external users, NDR messages are returned to the sender. However, when emails are sent to incorrect internal users, no NDR's are returned and the tracking log stops at SMPT: Message submitted to categorizer. This only happens with these messages. Would anyone happen to know why or what to do to resolve the problem? Thank you! ...

Deleted local ost file to reset things.. now one user when sending email, gets email stuck in the Outbox (outlook 2003)...
I'm really at a loss on this one.. I went through and deleted this users ost file.. so as to resynch with exchange (2007).. now suddenly.. when he emails.. he cant send.. they get stuck in the outbox.. I've seen several threads telling to try this and that.. but none have fixed the problem. I'm not really sure how to go about fixing this one? ...

Item "Stuck" in Outbox
I have an item in my Outbox that cannot be opened, forwarded, deleted, printed or moved to another folder. How can I get this out? (I am on an Exchange server and all E-Mail sent previously or subsequent to this item have properly gone to my Sent Items folder.) Hi Diana, Try going Offiline and then go ahead and then delete the mail in the Outbox. File --> work Offline. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13f5401c3f7ca$f96e8490$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an item in my Outbox that cannot ...

Mails stuck in "vsi 1\Queue" folder
Hi! I am currently tracing an Exchange queue issue that I cannot figure out myself. We are running Windows 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 ENT SP2 - but periodically emails are stuck in the "vsi 1\Queue" folder on the disk. However, the messages doesn't appear in the "Queue" view in the Exchange System Manager - and all Exchange logs (Transport + SMTP) says that the emails have been delivered correctly to all receipients - although in rare circumstances certain receipients doesn't receive the emails either. The problem seem to have been minimized after applying Windows 20...

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

messages stuck in outbound queue
suddenly all outgoing messages are getting stuck in the outbound queue in exchange 5.5 no users can get an e-mail out of the domain. no changes have been made to setup . any help in resolving this problem is appreciated. Michael _________________________________________ Hi Michael, Questions... assuming the queues are on the IMC. Is the internet mail service running? Have you recycled it? Are you receiving inbound mail? Is your internet circuit up? Is DNS working... can you ping your external DNS server and resolve names ok? Is there anything in the event log? If you're sending mai...

System Job Stuck Waiting
We are working on an Internet facing deployment of CRM 4.0. The routine system jobs are stuck waiting. Originally we were getting an error related to unable to connect to the public IP address of the server. After updating all of the URLs in the DeploymentProperty database to point to the public domain name that error was replaced by this one. Both have error code 80044306 (-2,147,204,346) but now we are getting an HTTP 401 error. We've tried renaming the organization's friendly name - removing spaces but still no luck. The ASYNC service is running as Network Service and we tr...

Account in Exchange is stuck
I have migrated my mail accounts from a 5.5 server to server2003. I have one account that shows up as having a problem. When I right click on the mailbox I get the option to reconnect or purge. When I select reconnect, it will not recognize any name I enter in the box. This recipient's email is essentially frozen and I am concerned I cannot get it back. I have since used a backup to make her email function but the backup is missing recent data. I was wondering if their is a way to free this or if I am just going to have to purge the account. I am looking for any suggestions! So...

VB Editor
This is driving me crazy; I hope someone can help.<br> <br> When I'm in the Visual Basic editor, if I press any letter that has a command key assignment, it performs that action as if Cmd were pressed - if I press "g", it opens the Immediate window. If I press "r", it goes to the Object Browser. If I press "s", it saves my document. It's impossible to actually type anything!<br> <br> This is only happening in the VB Editor, it's happening in the editor in both Word and Excel, and it happens whether it's in an existing file o...

Outlook XP Emails Get Stuck, Not Large PST Issue
As a network admin at our company I've ran across about 1-2 users per week starting to have this problem, and the first one was reported about 5 weeks ago, where they randomly cannot send emails in Outlook XP (w/ SP3). They may have a few stuck in their outbox, and if you try to send them it just hangs usually around 50% on trying to connect to SMTP on our mail server to send it. If you close Outlook and reopen it fixes it for awhile then starts doing it again. Another temp fix I found is if when it's happening if I go into TOols->Account settings->Advanced and on t...

why is my outgoing email stuck in the outbox?
I have tried to set up my outlook so that my mail from hotmail and peoplepc all go to my outlook. The mail I have tried to send is stuck in the outbox and I can't get the email from my other accounts. What do I do now? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17DCCBAE-8373-45AF-A556-F7F50203AA44@microsoft.com... >I have tried to set up my outlook so that my mail from hotmail and peoplepc > all go to my outlook. The mail I have tried to send is st...

Payroll Stuck Batches
It would be nice to have an Automated Fix to fix stuck payroll batches. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=026ea50e-2a64-40b7-b27e-8d6fe7ec91b8&dg=microsoft...

email stuck in outbox #5
I have been using Outlook since Office 95 and have developed a new problem. I am currently using Office 2003, with Business Contact Manager installed. The same setup is running on two computers. The only difference is that on one computer I installed Small Business Accounting 2006 which includes the SQL Server Service Manager. I have not installed the Accounting Program on the other computer. I can send emails from the computer without Small Business Accounting, but cannot send emails longer that about three lines from the computer with Small Business Accounting installed. I have looked...

Messages stuck in outbox #2
I sent a large email that got stuck in my outbox for two days. I was finally able to get rid of it but now every email I send gets stuck there for 5-6 hours. Test emails work fine. Hi, Try creating a new profile. If that works, u can get backthe daa byimportingfromthe older PST. Please state the version of Outlook. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "DaveP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:172ec01c41841$43cfcfd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I sent a large email that got stuck in my outbox for two > days. I was finally able to get ri...

I was stuck by vs2005's deploying, why failed as private assemblie
hello everyone. i don't know how to deploy my application include my dll as private assemblies with Microsoft.VC80.MFC/CRT. for the installation I simply copied MFC,CRT assemblies and their manifest files into my application local folder on target computer not development environment.. also i copy my DLL into the folder. the folder structure is : MyApp/MyApp.exe, Mydll1.dll, Mydll2.dll, MyAppIcon.ico MyApp/Microsoft.VC80.MFC/mfc80.dll, mfc80u.dll, Microsoft.VC80.MFC.manifest MyApp/Microsoft.VC80.CRT/msvcp80.dll, ...