Language Setting Word 2007 on Windows 7

I have set my language requirements on all the usual places in my Office
suite to UK English as the default.  However, whenever I press forward or
reply to something in Outlook the spell checker checks elements of the data
from the original in US English.  This is is annoying as I have to press
cancel in each instance.  Although it picks out certain words, I am not
offered, when it flags up US English, the option of saving to the US English
dictionary.  This is presumably because all my language settings are
defaulted to UK English.  Never happened with the same language settings when
I used Outlook 2003 on XP.

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

Quicken Convert #7
Downloaded Money05 trial. Validated 10 MB quicken file. Followed instructions in Money for conversion, hung-up computer, twice. Reduced size of quicken file to 5 MB. Now receive following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. --------------------------------------------------------...

Money Can't Set up a Mortgage Right!
I have issues with Money 2003. I bought a house Nov 2003. I set up the mortgage account and tell it my purchase date. It starts the loan 1/1/2004 because it assumes I have paid Nov interest at closing and won't owe anything until 1/1/2004. This screws up my net worth reports because I had a home asset in Nov 03, but the loan liability doesn't appear until Jan 04. Broken! I can't seem to set the loan date to force it to recognize the Nov loan beginning date. What to do?? Thanks, Ben Money starts the loan in 1/1/2004 because that's the date you told it the first payment...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" me
Hi All, My Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" my username/ID. I click remember me and then when having signed off I restart it or the computer again, it doesn't "remember" me. Help! ...

Set the line weight with VBA in Excel 07
I applied a chart style to a chart. I had the macro recorder on while I manipulated the chart. I saw the code to change the default size of the marker, but I could not get any code to appear for adjusting the line weight of the data series while a chart style is applied. I looked in the series object model and don't see a property by which to set the line weight. The old Border property in 03 is gone. How should I adjust this programatically? Thanks. TL Hi, Try, activechart.SeriesCollection(1).format.line.weight=3 Cheers Andy TroyLee wrote: > I applied a chart style to a c...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

How to set right margin in the Endnotes in Word?
I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. If you want the notes to have a different margin from the page, you can apply an indent (positive or negative) to the Endnote Text style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ounbbl" <Ounbbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826849B3-FED1-411D-906E-489FB29F1A00@microsoft.com... >I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. > ...

Exporting e-mail account settings
I want to transfer all my account settings to another computer, also running Outlook 2003. How do I do this? Many thanks Tony Not sure what operating system you are using, but I tend to using Windows XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard and Microsoft Office's 2003 Save My Settings Wizard to transfer settings from one system to the next. Another possibility is the user state migration tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4AF2D2C9-F16C-4C52-A203-8DAF944DD555&displaylang=en "Tony Rush" <NOtony_w_rushSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote i...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

page settings in Business Portal
We have a customer who wants to print the time sheet in landscape (page orientation); currently there are two ways of achieving it: 1. Change the printer settings (Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Select printer; right click and choose properties > Printing preferences of General Tab > Advance tab). This would set the printer to the desired page orientation size; however, all documents that will be printed on the said printer will use the settings made. 2. On the Business Portal page go to File > Page Setup; choose the page orientation and size desired. The effect ...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

Set Discount limit
Dear All, I would like to set discount limit for cashiers in RMS POS, (15%) for example. Thanks in advance, Ibrahim Zubair I would like to have that option as well, but (as far as I know) it's not possible in RMS 2.0 "Ibrahim Zubair" <IbrahimZubair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A5693D5-A4D3-4EF0-AD76-67E1BAF7CD95@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > I would like to set discount limit for cashiers in RMS POS, (15%) for > example. > > Thanks in advance, > > Ibrahim Zubair ...

Word excel questions
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel. My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial version for free until she is able to return to school? I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance -- Thanks so very much fo...