Junk email counts

My junk email counter is reporting a larger # than I really have.  Are those
extra messages hidden somehow or is the counter reporting an erroneous #?

Is it set to show total messages or unread count? If you empty the junk
folder, is the count correct?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"RRyan" <RRyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My junk email counter is reporting a larger # than I really have.  Are
> those
> extra messages hidden somehow or is the counter reporting an erroneous #?

0
Diane
3/11/2010 7:05:28 PM
The junk mail box is set to give total messages.  When I empty the junk mail
box my count is still 18.  I do not sync with any PDA, Phone ect...

> The junk mail box is set to give total messages.  When I empty the junk mail
> box my count is still 18.  I do not sync with any PDA, Phone ect...

Switch to another view.  Do you see anything show up?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Archiving Email
Our setup is Windows XP Home with Office 2003. We keep three plus the current month of emails on the computer and archive each month. Using the archive option removes the archived emails from the program. Using the export .pst option makes each of our archived files have all months. We would like to be able to archive the previous month without removing it from the program. For example today, 12/01/04, we would like to archive the month of November. We would like to be able to access all emails from September, October, November and December. And we would like to remove all Augus...

lost read/unread status for all emails
A user profile in Vista Home Basic 32bit was, apparently, corrupted, and could not be logged into, forcing a "temporary profile" login. After creating a new profile and moving all of the old profile's folders over (including AppData), launching WLM in the new profile automatically started a recovery process that resulted in all the old profile's emails appearing in the correct folder structure under Storage folder > Recovered items > 05-28-2010 17-28-54, e.g., > [account name] > Inbox. HOWEVER, all the 50,000+ recovered emails are marked unread. I...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

Email Management 04-20-10
Using Outlook 2007. My director gets tons of emails each day. He wants me to manage the incoming mail for him; but still be able to access them at some point. He has set up .pst files folders for most of his incoming mail; however, I have discovered that I can't see those folders. If he sets up sub-folders under his incoming mailbox, that mail counts toward the mailbox size. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could set up an efficient way to manage incoming mail and still make it available to him for later review without filling up the mailbox. Thanks in adv...

Properties of external saved emails
Hello all, I want to save my emails of outlook on a server drive. This works fine but with following problem: All properties are gone, the creation date is the date I saved the massage external and I have a hard time to find a specific email. Why are the properties of outlook gone when I save it external? Does anyone a answer for this? Or can I save the properties anyhow? Please understand I don't want to do it manually. You ask probably why does the guy want to save the files external. He can let it in outlook and he is fine. Unfornatly NO. For several reasons: - My pst file wi...

how do i unsuscribe from microsoft office emails
ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. Update your profile on Microsoft.com. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, mide93 asked: | ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. ...

What should appear in the Workplace under "Email"
Hi, I looking for the reason why I can see my sent emails under the right contact and account, but they are not kept in the workplace under "Email". 1. Where can I view my sent items? 2. What should appear in the Workplace under "Email"? 3. When I receive an email, can I also convert it into a task? 4. If I send an email through the CRM, the reply is saved under the right contact, but doesn't appear in the right account, even if that contact is the primary contact of the account. Why? Help will be appreciated!!! Thanks, Naama 1. Sent emails can be viewed by looking ...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from serv
How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "rhrinestone" <rhrinestone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7E8E71F-CA4D-49A3-8561-80F35C085949@microsoft.com... > How do I download emails to outlook witout deleting them from the server...? Tools, accounts, mail, properties, advanced, check leave on server, delete after deleting from th...

How do I clear deleted emails from my inbox for good?
Even though I deleted the email through outlook, the email is still there. Even if I send it to the deleted files folder, its still in the inbox, and even after I empty the deleted files folder, the same email still appears in the inbox. How do I permanently clear emails from the inbox in Outlook so that they do not appear anywhere. Please help me, I recently started using outlook, and I am new to the program. Thank you. Aloha Ryan, What version of Outlook are you using? What method are you using to delete these messages? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.r...

Composing emails
Sometimes, when composing an email the screen goes blank, and I lose what I have written. What can I do to prevent this from happening? "jacarole" <jacarole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:754D4926-6A07-47E3-97A8-C72F6A2A8F74@microsoft.com... > [X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000] > Sometimes, when composing an email the screen goes blank, and I lose what > I > have written. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Turn off your screensaver? Type faster? BTW why do you lose what you have written? Do a pe...

unable to send email #3
HELPPPPPPP ! I keep getting this message....and email is returned (unless) the email address is posted in my contacts list....How do I get rid of this ??? sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:002601c3daca$8a5f0d80$a501280a@phx.gbl, Juan Caicedo ...

Undeliverable email sent through send direct email
When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email function, where is the undeliverable message returned to? We're testing this with some bogus addresses but no undeliverable notifications seem to be coming back. Thanks. see email router configuration -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "DavidR" wrote: > When an undeliverable email is sent through the Send Direct Email > function, where is the undeliverable message returned to? We're...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

Outgoing email #5
I received an MPEG file and attempted to forward it to others but my Outlook 2003 won't let the attachment get out. Could you direct me to a setting that will allow this? Thanks, jcs Tools, Options, Settings... "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:m4KdneHaEcLJJsDcRVn-qQ@comcast.com... >I received an MPEG file and attempted to forward it to others but my >Outlook > 2003 won't let the attachment get out. Could you direct me to a setting > that > will allow this? > > Thanks, > > jcs > > ...

Folders open at oldest email
Several of my subfolders for recieved mail (I filter received mail into specific sub-folders) open up at the oldest message (i.e. bottom of the list) rather than at the last message reviewed or top of the list. How/where is this configured? (Outlook 2003) Thanks ChiefDarkCloud Display reading pane at the bottom, click on the Received column header. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, cal2833@hotmail.com asked: | Se...

show Account when composing email
I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account by default when composing an email? Right now, I have to click the Account button to see which one it's using. A new msg uses the default mail acc, a reply uses the acc it was received on And no, you have to select the sending acc if you want to send from a specific acc "bucky3" <bucky3@mail.com> wrote in message news:c821eef5-de6d-4305-b582-21598f3f756e@o9g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I am using multiple email accounts. Is there a way to show the Account > by default when composing an email? R...

an email is stuck in my inbox
I was sent an email from a fellow co-worker that was simply asking me to call someone. I cannot delete this email or move it to another folder. I get "Unknown Error" when trying to delete. I would like to delete this email but I do not know how as I have tried all the normal ways already. One thing that helps us when we have a situation like this is to "sneak up on it." Select the mesage above it, hold down control, and click on the message following it. Now you can hit Delete on your keyboard. I hope this works for you! >-----Original Message----- >I w...

Count rows based on multiple criteria
I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadsheet based on contents of multiple cells. The formula is on one worksheet and all data is on a second worksheet. IE: count all rows that have the word "Windows" in column B and the word "Complete" in column G. Have not been able to figure this out with common functions like count, countif, dcount, etc. Help appreciated. -- DMG IT Professional Search for SUMPRODUCT or SUMIFS if you use XL-2007 "dmg" wrote: > I have a need to count the number of rows in an Excel spreadshee...

Email First Page of Worksheet Possible?
Hi, I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first page -summary report page. Is this possible? Try this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm HTH On Jan 23, 5:25=A0am, "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOV...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the > first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first > page -summary report page. > > Is this possible? Can excel not do this with out outlook ...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

Counting within a group
Hi, In my Summary report, there are two groups: jobNo within Category. jobNo contains data which can be repetative, but not for all records. In other words, there can be: 6 records with jobNo 1234, 2 records with 4567 and 1 record for 9701. I want to count the number of times that jobNo changes, but not the total number of jobNo records. I tried a query using an expression Max(jobNo), then tried to sum it in the report, but it gives the total number for jobNo's. How can I achieve the result I am seeking? Thanks in advance, Jake If you want to list all the records on the repo...

Adding a disclaimer to outgoing emails
How can I add a disclaimer to all outgoing emails using Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Exchange? You can do that as a part of your signature. Just setup a signature (I have my name, title, company name and address, then the disclaimer beneath that, for example). You can do that from the Tools menu / Options, Mail Format / Signatures. Check the options there for outgoing emails, etc. PS: Make sure you do that from the main Outlook menu, not from the menu that you see when youn are writing an email. Paul >-----Original Message----- >How can I add a disclaimer to all outgoing emai...