Item has not been retrieved from server

Icon is envelope with small phone attached. How do you open this message
without losing it?

Artsy wrote:

> Icon is envelope with small phone attached. How do you open this message
> without losing it?

If you see Outlook's tray icon, and opposed to your Subject header, you HAVE
retrieved that item from the mail server.

Perhaps you need to check what view you are using in the Inbox (or other)
folder.  Perhaps you are using a [customized] view that hides "read"
messages.  When you select the folder, what view are you using for that
folder?
0
VanguardLH

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

Clearing emails from the ISP server
I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and use Windows mail. This works very well but I have one problem. When I used OE any mail downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server. This doesn’t happen when I use Windows Mail. To correct this on the server I periodically load OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox. Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Looking at certain mailbox in ESM, they have the wrong size and total items
I have a couple of mailboxes when you look in the ESM the items and size is way off. The what is showing up in outlook. This is a Exchange 2003 SP1 environment. Can someone explain why this is happening? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator the size showing in the ESM does not include any items in that mailbox that may be in the stm file, from what I understand...the size that appears in Outlook is correct... I was only recently made aware of this, myself... "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:OJbirSI2EHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a cou...

disable trended items
Hi, how do i disable the generation by money of trended items? dont want to manualy delete them all the time. thnx If you customize the cash flow chart, you can change the chart to not use trended items, but use budgeted items instead. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Email being sent to Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2002. Some emails I get (mainly mailing lists) get sent straight to my Deleted Items folder. I have NO rule set up to do this, and in fact I have added these mails to my exceptions list. They STILL get sent to my Deleted Items folder. How do I stop this? thanks. ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Server Performance report today
It appears that all SBS 2k3 R2 reports are broken this morning. It may have something to do with the large number of updates that were sync'd overnight. The normal tricks to get the report working, aren't. -- ----------------------------------------------- Les Connor [SBS MVP] "Les Connor [SBS MVP]" <les.connor@DEL.cfive.ca> wrote in message news:#14pye92KHA.5196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > It appears that all SBS 2k3 R2 reports are broken this morning. It may > have something to do with the large number of updates that were sync'd > ove...

sent items rule
I'm using two email accounts on the same computer, both mailboxes are open in my outlook. When I'm using my default email, emails that I'm sending goes to my sent ite ms folder. The problem is with emails that I'm sending behalf the other account. Instead of going to the other account sent items folder, they goes to mine either. Is there a rule or some other way that can move emails that were sent behalf the other account to it's sent items folder instead of mine ? The configuration is outlook2003+exchange2003 working in exchange mode. Thanks. Have you tried setti...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

Charting 2 pivot data items as one result
I have a pivot table that has a Count of Tools and a count of plants. What I want to chart is the result of the Count of Tools/Count of Plants. I tried using formulas from the PivotTable tools but I can't seem to make it work. I hate to think that I have to write the code to read the pivot table and place the valuse in cells below the pivot table then chart that range. Thanks for the help. Scott Scott - You wouldn't need VBA code to do this. If you know the structure of your pivot table, you can put a formula in a cell or cells outside the pivot table to give you this ...

items search error
When i click on Inventory >> Items >> i am getting "Violation of Primary key constraint" can't insert duplicate key" error. I am not trying to insert anything. It's working fine in Test company. what went wrong? thanks ...

Number of items per day in chart.
Hello all, I have a list of dates and times ( listed as 1/18/2006 1:30:10 AM in cell) that indicate a sale that took place. What I am trying to do is create a chart from this list that indicate the number of sales per day. I would like the chart to have the days of the month accross the bottom and a bar indicating how many sales per that day. Can anybody help me with this? Whenever i try and use the bar chart it shows me a cumulative total (includes the previous sales from previous days). Also, I am using Excel 2003. Any help would be appreciated, Ian Let's assume you data...

2010 sharepoint single item restore to network location
Hi! I have upgraded to 2010 without any problems so far. I now tried to do a restore of one item within our sharepoint (2007), but the radiobutton for the networklocation is disabled. i can only restore to the same farm or to a recovery farm. How does the single item restore work? regards, Andreas Have you seen the DPM 2010 documentation? "DPM2010BetaSharePointILR.docx" explains the details of SharePoint protection and recovery. You can download it from the following location: https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=840&Downlo...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Server migration
I currently have a single SBS 2003 server running my exchange. It has become unreliable (Hardware) and need to be replaced. My plan is to setup a new SBS 2008 server, add it to the domain and then swop out the old server. Can you tell me if this strategy will work and what key steps are needed? Will the 2 servers conflict? Is there a better way to achieve the changeover? It's really more involved than that. To my knowledge there are Three Methods. (people come up with new ways all the time.) Microsoft Method Migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Wi...

Emptying 'Deleted Items' folder on exit
I am running WLM version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) on Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I have 'Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on exit' checked under Maintenance, but they're all still there when I exit and restart WLM. Is there another setting I should be looking at to make this work? TIA, -- SC Tom Tom, I experienced the same thing earlier today. I'm new to WLM and found that if you "checked" the ''Empty messages from the Deleted Items folder on > exit' after there were items in the Deleted Items folder, it ...

How to change item encoding with macro?
With russian outlook 2003 it has been possible to change item encoding individually, by opening each item and select it's appropriate menu. With russian outlook 2007 this is not working (as it seems). I want to automate it: convert several items in batch? Is it possible? TIA. ...

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

Deleting Inventory Items
I've hit a snag trying to delete some unneeded inventory items. The items have no inventory, purchasing or sales activity of any kind. When trying to delete each I get a message that the item is a component of one or more bills of materials, but they are not. We do use the manufacturing modules but I've checked the BOM header and BOM line tables (BM010115 and BM010415) and these items don't appear anywhere. I've also checked the regular inventory bom tables just in case but they are not there either. Any thoughts on where else GP might be checking? -- Jim@TurboChef...

selective e-mail download from pop3 server.
I am running Office 2007 ultimate. I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit. Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric: name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc. The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails and put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc. But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit. Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into the inbox? Please advise. Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password Who is the...

How to generate list of items with same status over three or more successive days
I would like to ask the community to help me with the following case. We do have a vehicle tracking business and need to monitor vehicle status every day. We are looking for a way to get a list on a daily basis of vehicles that has their status not changed over three days. Columns of the feeder: Date VehicleNr Status (consider A, B, ..., F) The idea is to add the feeder on a new sheet, so comparison will be over more sheets. Columns of generated list of vehicles with same status over more then three days: VehicleNr Status List generation on the same sheet that is refreshed daily. The li...

budget item missing from cash flow
Hi all, I just noticed today that my M07 cash flow forecast is not displaying a particular item (Automobile:Gasoline) from my advanced budget. The "Amounts from my current Advanced Budget" button is selected in the cash flow settings page, and all other budget entries are included as expected. The Automobile:Gasoline line has been in the forecast in the past, and I believe I hid the transaction a couple of months ago using right-click/hide transaction intending to choose the "Only this occurence" choice. I'm guessing I chose the "All occurences" opti...

Moving CRM and Reporting Services Backend to another Server
We are running SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition sp3a on a WIN2003 Server with CRM and Reporting Services installed all on the same box. I now need to move the CRM and Report Server SQL Server Backends to another Database Server (We want a Two Server deployment Model) What I have done so far is backup the two CRM Databases and the two Reporting Services Databases (and all associated User IDs) on the the Server containing the CRM and Reporting Services APPS AND the SQL Server Backend and Restored them to a new SQL Server Backend Server. After doing this we successfully pointed the C...