Is there a way to get Outlook to prompt me to save in Sent Items?

I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills up
really fast.  I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button.  The
prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items folder
and I would be able to respond yes or no.  This way I can be judicious about
what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!).

Is this possible?

Sure. You need to use VBA - see if outlookcode.com has a code sample for
this.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"ExProgrammer" <ExProgrammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills up
> really fast.  I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button.
> The
> prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items folder
> and I would be able to respond yes or no.  This way I can be judicious
> about
> what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!).
>
> Is this possible?

0
Diane
4/26/2010 1:26:11 AM
Here see sample #2:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=54&cmd=showitem

If you want it to be more comfortable, see SAM (link in my signature). For
instance, you can predetermine for which mails SAM should ask you for the
folder, and for which it should delete the emails automatically.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:08:01 -0700 schrieb ExProgrammer:

> I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills up
> really fast.  I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button.
The
> prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items folder
> and I would be able to respond yes or no.  This way I can be judicious
about
> what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!).
>
> Is this possible?
0
Michael
4/26/2010 7:25:36 AM
Thanks so much.  This is GREAT!

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Here see sample #2:
> http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=54&cmd=showitem
>
> If you want it to be more comfortable, see SAM (link in my signature). For
> instance, you can predetermine for which mails SAM should ask you for the
> folder, and for which it should delete the emails automatically.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>   Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>   SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>   <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>

> Am Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:08:01 -0700 schrieb ExProgrammer:
>
> > I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills up
> > really fast.  I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button.
> The
> > prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items folder
> > and I would be able to respond yes or no.  This way I can be judicious
> about
> > what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!).
> >
> > Is this possible?
> .

You're welcome.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Thu, 20 May 2010 18:14:01 -0700 schrieb ExProgrammer:

> Thanks so much.  This is GREAT!
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> Here see sample #2:
>> http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=54&cmd=showitem
>>
>> If you want it to be more comfortable, see SAM (link in my signature).
For
>> instance, you can predetermine for which mails SAM should ask you for the
>> folder, and for which it should delete the emails automatically.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>   Category Manager - Manage and share your categories:
>>   SAM - The Sending Account Manager:
>>   <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>>

>> Am Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:08:01 -0700 schrieb ExProgrammer:
>>
>>> I have the "save a copy in sent items" option on, but my mailbox fills
up
>>> really fast.  I'd like to have a prompt each time I hit the send button.
>> The
>>> prompt would ask me if I would like to save a copy in my Sent Items
folder
>>> and I would be able to respond yes or no.  This way I can be judicious
>> about
>>> what I save (and I don't have a huge clean-up effort every so often!).
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>> .

0
Michael

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Linking files 2 ways

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...

POST or GET?

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

how to find an item in a list control?

outlook 97 and express email problems

get a result of an sql into a field

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Outlook Recall Msg Process