Is there a variable to show today's date like @date or @sysdate

Is there a variable we can use when composing an email to show today's date
like @date or @sysdate. Please help! I need to create an email template and I
have to change the date every day.

"Grace" <Grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is there a variable we can use when composing an email to show today's date
> like @date or @sysdate. Please help! I need to create an email template and
> have to change the date every day.

If you use Word for your mail editor, you should be able to use Word's date
insertion tools.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Today's Total Change (but not a Q re mutual fund updates)
In M06, Portfolio Manager, the total shown at the bottom of view as Today's Total Change does not, in fact, reset to $0 at the start of each day. It keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starting point for the next trading day's gain or loss. Right now, for instance, on Sunday, I'm looking at Friday's gain as Today's Total Change (TTC). If I am correct about this, is there a way to reset TTC to zero at the start of each trading day? Thank you. Dave M. re: "keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starti...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

Invalid Dates in Headers cause problems with Outlook 2003
Dear All: Is anyone having problems with invalid dates in headers with Outlook 2003? I recently started receiving e-mail (most of it is spam) with an invalid date in the header. When that happens, *all* Outlook tasks cease working and they are listed as Not responding in the Task Manager. To resolve this issue I log on to my mail server, which is using Horde. I then delete and purge all e-mail which has an invalid date. I then restart Outlook and it works until it receives another e-mail with an invalid date. Thank you. :-) Sincerely, Jeff V. Pulver ...

How Can I Prevent Data Entry In Same Category on the Same Date?
Hello... I hope that someone can help me. I have a worksheet for which I randomly enter scores for students in several categories throughout the day. Column Headings: Date StudentName Category1 Category2 Category3, etc. I would like for Excel to display a warning message if I attempt to enter a score in the SAME category on the SAME day. Does anyone know how I may do something like this? Thanks!!! Jessi Jessi, Select the Category1 cells, C2:C10 in this example. The dates are in A2:A10. The following presumes C2 is the active (white) cell of your selection. In Data - Valida...

Check date does not G/L posting date
Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being different than the General Ledger date? Use batch level posting dates. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Cieniewicz" wrote: > Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being > different than the General Ledger date? No because there are times you need the check date to be different -- ie manual checks being entered after the fact. "Jack Cieniewicz" <Jack Cieniewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0ECC3F-840E-46D2-AB7B-13DA652CDA0A@microso...

Chart to show response to a question. One of answer 15 choices.
I know this will be simple but I can't figure it out. On a number of given dates I ask how happy people are and get a number of responses between 1 and 15. I then need to plot the number of occurences of those individual respones i.e. two people were 2, three people were 7 etc. I guess it might be a simple X/Y but I just cannot fathom it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nick. Hi, You need to create a summary table of possible responses and tally. Assuming responses are in A1:A15 in B1:B5 are the value 1 to 5, which are the available responses. ...

after apply filter show blank form.How to detect 0 records??
hi I Have a form , and the user goes to filter by form and then apply filter. When no rows are returned a blank form is displayed how do I detect this and display a message 'no rows found'? mike Mike, I would like to say add a piece of line to your code... DCount("SomeField","SomeTable") < 0 Then MsgBox Esle run your filter but you didn't post any code. Perhaps that little tidbit I posted is enough to get you started? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!&quo...

fixed asset date vs. GL date
Hello: I realize that the GL Posting date in the GL interface is the date of posting to the GL for asset additions. What date updates the fixed assets subledger, however, for fixed asset additions? Specifically, what I'm getting at has to do with importing fixed assets. In order to update fixed assets for fixed asset additions and to have the date of posting to fixed assets to be the end of the month, should I change the Great Plains user date to 01/31/06 when I conduct the import of the new assets? Or, does it even matter about the date of posting to the fixed assets subledger...

Matching Dates
Ok guys fairly complicated one here... I have a single table with 20,000 transactions within it. Each transaction has a date attached to it. I have another table which contains 3 fields, a StartDate, a FinishDate and a WeekNumber. i.e.: startdate finishdate weeknumber 01/01/2007 08/01/2007 1 What I need to be able to do is take each transactions from the transactions table and link it to this calendar table to get the weeknumber of when each transaction occured. How on earth can I produce this? Many thanks. Ash. hi, ashg657 wrote: > Ok ...

I'd like to modify mt Macro ...
I have a macrco which fills in a table which will be used to create a Run-Chart. When I have filled values into a worksheet, I click a Forms Button and the data is recorded in several cells, (L3:R3). When I enter new values into the worksheet and hit the button again I would like the data to be filled into the next row of cells, (L4:R4), and subsequently (L5:R5), (L6:r6) etc. How do I change the address to enter the data each time the form button is clicked. My code is as follows: Sub SaveRunChartData_101_4900_30Deg() ' ' SaveRunChartData_101_4900_30Deg Macro &...

date and time in 2 cells to create subtraction in 3rd
I have 2 cells that are in the format line of A1: 27/06/2006 9:42:00 pm B1: 7/06/2006 9:52:05 pm Want third column C1: 00:10 I wish to subtract the two cells to get the difference in time i.e 10:00 (only interested in nearest minute) Then a average at the end of the column of the the times in this 3rd column as a result of the difference between the 2 times. How would I do this? I could do it if it was just numbers but once it is in this time/dtae format I am completely lost! Thanks MIke Hi Mike, =MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1) Format as Time You can use the AVERAGE function on the ...

How do I add the file last modified date into an Excel header?
It is easy to show the date a document was last modified in MS-Word by inserting the field: savedate into the footer. A very common requirement. But there does not appear to be any way, or at least no easy way to do this in Excel. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! They still haven't added this. Excel forces you to put in the current date. YUK! Why would I want that in my print out? I want to know when it was last modified, not when I printed it. ARG!!! From an earlier posting Hi use the following UDF: Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value ...

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

Help Exporting DATE values
I have a table that has 5000 dates in the "date" column. I need the date exported to a comma delimited file in this format... March 10, 2007 But the date is exported like this in the text file... 3/10/2007 0:00:00 How can I fix this? By the way, changing the format of the date field in the design view of the table doesn't seem to fix this. Help! Thanks Hi Sincity Write a query making the date field as follows dateexport: Format([date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") then export the query Regards Ian B "SinCity" wrote: > I have a ...

Listing 'last used' date
Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used. Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this? Mike MacKinnon wrote: > Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants > me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables > etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are > no longer used. > > Has anyone any ideas about how to go abou...

Showing trailing zeros
I have a table with a column containing upper limit values (numbers) When I enter 0.10 as an upper limit, any retrieval through queries, reports etc. always returns the value 0.1 If I specify 2 decimals, all values show two decimals. In analytical chemistry these have different meanings 0.10 implies an accuracy +/- 0.01 0.1 implies an accuarcy of +/- 0.1 Can anyone help? Thank you On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:26:01 -0800, CurtainMary <CurtainMary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table with a column containing upper limit values (numbers) >When I enter 0.10 as ...

Seems like time to dredge this one up
Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a new commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already, enjoy. If you have, well, enjoy anyway. How products like Money get to be products like Money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23bpPLt1HIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+ ...

Sent Mail Dates Replaced with word NONE
I am using Outlook 97 on a W2k machine. I have suddenly developed a problem in the Sent Items folder. Several weeks back the sent date changed from the usual date to the word NONE. The other folders seem to be OK. What and where can I check settings to look for the root cause of this? TIA, Carl -- Wishing you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May it far exceed your expectations. ...

Remove time from date upon export to csv
I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv file. I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my tblInvoices table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as follows: Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy") (UK format) In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown. I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard. But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time! However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process bu...

Adding Multiple Variables
I am using the following script to delete shares and want to specify multiple shares, instead of just one share name. How can I do so? DomainName = "domain.com" ServerName = "Server1" ShareName = "Share1" Set cont = GetObject("WinNT://"& DomainName &"/"& ServerName &"/LanmanServer,FileService") cont.Delete "FileShare", ""& ShareName &"" Also, how can I add to this script so that it deletes the directories associated witht he shares, once the shares are re...

julian date #3
Is there a formula or line of code that, in a date cell, would automatically convert a date entered in the 07/16/04 format into the 04188 julian format? thank you. You can't have a formula in a cell and make an entry in it - the formula is overwritten. You can use an event macro: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim nYear As Long Dim nDays As Long With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Ra...

create a spider chart that plots like a compass
Using one axis i want to plot a spider chart and have the plot points match a compass Hi, Excel has what is called a Radar chart, you can use that. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "pilotgabe" wrote: > Using one axis i want to plot a spider chart and have the plot points match a > compass ...

Today data appears and DISAPPEARS!
Trying to use Outlook 2007. The Today screen comes up for about 5 seconds, then the screen is still there, but all data - appointments, tasks, etc. DISAPPEAR from the screen! I've already downloaded and installed the service pack for this program. Outlook 2003 worked great but I'm ready to ditch 2007. Any suggestions? Did you try office diagnostics? Does the outlook today page disappear too, or just the outlook data? What type of email account do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: h...

Help finding first payment date and amount
I have a simple table and I need help finding the first payment date and the amount payed. Here is the table CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Payments]( [MemberID] [nchar](10) NOT NULL, [PaymentDate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [Amount] [money] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Payments] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [MemberID] ASC, [PaymentDate] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY] ) ON [PRIMARY] Here is some data to insert insert into payments values (101,'01-01-2009',20) insert into payment...

Convert Text to DATE #3
Hello all, I hope you can help with a problem we have in the office. We've got over 4,500 observations which are supposed to be in Date Format. Instead they are in text format, e.g. "01.06.2005 08:26" or just "09.03.2005" but we need to perform various duration calculations on them, so we need them in the Date Format I tried Format Cells-> Category = Date, but it doesn't work. It works however when I enter the cell and then click "Enter". very strange Please help if you have an idea how to do it... Thank you very much Try =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITU...