In inbox folder no arrange by

Inbox toolbar disappeared; all other folders are good.  Cannot see "arrange
by" in view drop down for inbox folder.  I am getting email - but can't see
it.  I will not be able to see any response by email.

Version of Outlook?
Type of mail account?

There are a couple things that you can try;

Start Outlook with the /cleanviews switch;
Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanview
(note the space in the command)

Reset the Outlook Toolbars by renaming the outcmd.dat file to .old when
Outlook is closed.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19

Scan your pst-file for errors with scanpst.exe
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Inbox toolbar disappeared; all other folders are good.  Cannot see
> "arrange
> by" in view drop down for inbox folder.  I am getting email - but can't
> see
> it.  I will not be able to see any response by email.

0
Roady

Cannot delete several folders
There are several folders that are not needed and I cannot delete them. When I try to delete them I get the following error message: Your folder could not be deleted, the IMAP server refused to delete it. If the folder no longer exists you should refresh your folder list for this IMAP server. When I went to the IMAP server for this account there is no refresh option, but instead a Reset List option which I clicked on and it gave me the same set of folders as before including the ones I wanted to delete. The only thing I tried and could figure to do to solve the problem was t...

Outlook 2007, Arrange By: #2
Peter, Um...I'm not sure what you mean. What subject line? Where? Did you read my whole message?: I've tried all the different ways of customizing views and defining views, but none of these will stay the way I change them. I know this is a basic Outlook configuration, but my problem is that the configurator isn't working. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:55 PM Subject: Re: Outlook 2007, Arrange By: Right click on the Subject lie and select Customize...

Changing default "Save As" folder
I'm using Word 2007. I figured out how to save the default "Save" location, and it works fine when I am starting a new document from scratch. But when I'm opening a document that someone has emailed me, and do a "Save As," it's still opening the "My Documents" file instead of the new file path I created (went to Word options in the Microsoft button, then clicked on "Save" and then entered a new "Default File Location). Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to fix it so that it will always open the new f...

data file error, archive folders was not closed properly
I'm going insane, I can't get outlook to open, it crashed the other day and since then it won't run. I get a flash of an error data file error, archive folders was not closed properly. Seeing as I can't get outlook to open, it boots up, shows the screen then shuts itself down, how do I go in and repair this. I have reinstalled/ done detect and repair to office, I'm assuming it has something to do with the archive folders. I have some important info in my email that I need to access - any help is greatly appreciated. What version of Outlook? If you go to Control...

Search folder not working
This is a new install of 2003. When I receive new mail it shows ups fine in my inbox bolded as unread however nothing shows up in the standard Unread Mail search folder. Even if I click on the search folder it says no new mail. Does it have to be activated in some way? Thanks... Bob is the new mail in the same pst as the search folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Transfer folders and emails from Hotmail
Greetings, I've been using Outlook to check my Hotmail account. I have folders and such set up in Hotmail and can view them fine in Outlook. However, I'm stopping using my Hotmail accoutn because I got a different one but I don't want to lose all that data. I'm not sure if just Dragging the folder from the FOlder List from the top Hotmail section down into the Personal section will do that or if there's more to it. I just don't want to lose all my emails. Thanks. yep, that would do it, or Highlight the emails and do a drag and drop. "Mr B" <ladeeda@...

Problems recovering deleted public folder
Hi! One of our public folders in Exchange 2000 was deleted. I have the Item Recovery configured for the public folder store in question. When the user that deleted the folder tries to recover it using Outlook 2002 (Recover Deleted Items) he gets an error message saying that he does not have permission to recover the folder. When I try to recover as administrator, I cannot even see the deleted folder in Outlook. I tried to make the user Enterprise admin, and domain admin, but that did not help. Is it only the owner of the folder that can recover it, or am I doing something wrong? Best Regards...

any way to select multiple folder for properties change?
I would like to apply the same properties change to a number of subfolders of a main folder. Is there any way to do this, except selecting each folder one-at-a-time to make the same propertiies change? I Live On Outlook No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "I live on Quicken and Outlook" <Private@privacy.org> wrote in message news:vof6l09v3g4bdm119pjo7ujk0j02kur08e@4ax.com... >I would like to apply the same properties ...

Best Practise to Archive Public Folder Content
Hi everybody, sorry if this has already been answered a 100 times already, but as a newbie I need some advice in this area. What do people recommend as best practise/tools to archive content from Exchange 2003 Public Folders that will allow them to be recovered/restored at some time in the future if required. TIA, Colin Strain. Microsoft Journaling does not capture Public Folder items. You could mail-enable the public folders and that way journaling should collect the data. Then you just need an archiving solutions to collect and archive the journaled messages. Try looking at Connected ...

Personal Folders in OWA

two contact folders #2
In my outlook 2003, I maintained two contact folders. One of them is my personal one, the other is a shared one residing in a public folder (Exchange). What I would like to attain is that whenever I create a contact in my personal contact folder, this gets automatically created or copied also in the other shared contact folder. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks in advance, Gianluca Bosco De�r Gianluca, this is not possible by default. Maybe a 3rd party synchronization software can support this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Shar...

how to proceed further after placing chunk code in GP folder?
Hi, I have placed chunk code in the folder where GP was there.Even i got message as "Do u want to include new code?". Next step is transferring third party resources. I was struck up here. While performing an update operation, I got an error as "Index file not found". I am not able to proceed further. Can someone help me out in this issue? Kiran Is this a file you created or got from somebody else? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kiran" wrote: > Hi, > I have placed chunk code in the folder where GP was there.Even i got > message as &qu...

Inbox rules and mail-loop
Hi there Enviroment: Windows 2003 AD, Exchange 2003, 30.000 users How is it possible to get an dentral overview of the "Inbox Rules" that my users has set using their Outlook 2003 / OWA 2003 ? 3. Parts utility? Many users have created a forwarding rule in their OWA to non-existing email adresses - and then its starts a mail loop which starts killing the server. I know that i globally can disable the "Allow forwarding to the internet" and "Automatic replies" - but how can i i do that only on a group og users - or on a per-server instead, any idears? Best regar...

Removing update folders
Hopefully a simple answer to this.. I am trying to clear some disc space and I have noticed that all of the windows updates have their own folder of 'stuff'. Whilst I obviously want to keep the updates active, can I delete what I suspect are download folders (eg KB123456) or do I need these as well? Do I also need all the related folders called '$NtUninstallKBxxxxxxx' ? And what about the older versions of .Net? And Java? Thanks Chris D -- The Deuchar family. http://www.Deuchars.org.uk In news:MPG.25beb89b5ffc0e249899b3@news.individual.net, Chris ...

OWA and public folders for exch 2003
I cannot access public folders in exchange 2003 using OWA. When I attempt to do so I get a 404 error. You may want to check your IIS settings for the public folder under the default web site. Maybe the security is screwed up. >-----Original Message----- >I cannot access public folders in exchange 2003 using OWA. When I >attempt to do so I get a 404 error. > >. > ...

Restoring Folder/w attributes that was relocated.
I have applied attributes to a folder , hidden, read-only, and encrypted. I have moved the folder from one partition to another and formated the first. Now All the files in the folder are not readable, I've tried moving them to the first partition and succeeded only under safe-mode, however I still can't open any of the files in the folder. Does formatting the partition coused this? How can I restore that folder? Using WinXP 32-bit Pro. =?Utf-8?B?Q3Jvd3Rvcg==?= <Crowtor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8D20A540-0516-40AC-8D28-73C0E2DA12A6@microsoft.com: ...

No offline folder option in Outlook 98 using NT
The Offline folder File Settings button is missing in Microsoft Exchange Server Advanced properties. Can only get it back by rebuilding the profile. Does anyone know a fix or Registry change? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277780 (try changing the 9.0 to 8.0 and see if this works.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1236401c3f630$180d6520$a001280a@phx.gbl... > The Offline fold...

Can't open any attachments in my inbox!!
i have upgraded my win 2000 to win xp today and i also installed outlook express 6. since then, i can't open any attachments in my mail, which are attached to my messages. what can be the reason for that?? when i try to open an attachment, i get this message:"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.eml" is it related to any security options? please help me, cause it drives me nuts!!! Thank alot ...

Error synchronizing folder in outlook 2003 #2
I get the following message often in outlook 2003 using Exchange Server 2000. Error synchronizing folder [80040119-544-50B-560] The item was found to contain a virus that could not be cleaned. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store For more information on this failure, click the URL below: http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=80040119-544-50b-560 I can remove the email by going online. I don't have this problem with outlook 2002. Any idea on a ...

Multiple Outlook data folders
For some reason, Outlook 2003 (Windows XP Pro SP2) is creating multiple data folders and pst files. I've got it setup up to use the default location, which in my case looks like this: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Green\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook That folder contains three files - oulook.pst, archive.past and extend.dat (?). Beneath this folder are THREE more identically named folders, each containing the same three files. There are some date differences, however. In the top (correct) folder both pst files have the same date (5/11/2005). In the folder ...

Outlook express goes offline when click on different folder
My Outlook Express has developed a recent fault in that it goes offline when I switch between folder causing a great deal of frustration. I have checked with my ISP provider who say that it isnt them and also with BT who say that there is nothing wrong with the ISDN line which leaves the software. Has anyone else had a similar problem or is there a virus going around that can cause this.Look forward to any response. Thanks. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here...

Outlook 2002 empty body in Sent Items folder
Hi. All I am using VC++ 6.0. Using Outlook object, I have load .msg file in my Outlook Outbox folder and send it.. It works fine in Outlook 2003, 2000, but it creates problem in Outlook 2002, i.e. when in puts sent mail in sentItem folder, the body of that mail is empty !!!!! (very strange).. But, the actual recipient gets the complete body. But, On other machine having 2002 it works fine, no problems.. So, is there any setting to make in Microsoft Outlook 2002 or something in my code.. My Code : ================================================================= CoInitialize(NULL); HR...

deleted folder will not empty-Ive tried everything help
I cant get my deleted folder to empty. I get: Error has been dectected in the file c:\document and settings\Jennifer\localsettings/applicationdata\microsoft\ outlook\outlook.pst I have used the inbox repair tool but it can only get as far as this: c:\programfiles\commonfiles\system\MSMAPI\1033 it ask which file I want to scan and them it cant find anything! PLEASE HELP I have worked on this for weeks and tried every help link i can find JDM Start scanpst.exe and run it against your pst-file. When you search for your pst-file make sure you include hidden files/folders -- ...

Calender folder is moved under the draft folder
One of my colleques his calender folder is moved. I can find it back in the folder draft. How is it possible? And How Can I fix it Thx Peter Is this the default Calendar folder located under Outlook Today? If you can't move it back start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch and move the content from the misplaced calendar to the restored one. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Peter Winkelmans" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Junk Mail Folder #2
I am not sure if I should ask in Outlook or Exchange group, so I will ask in both. We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server, IMF is NOT installed. Our clients use Outlook 2003. I tried disabling Junk Mail folder using a GPO. Outlook displays the red X indicating it is indeed disabled. Problem: Mail still goes into the junk mail folder. How do I stop this. I already took out the GPO that disabled it and tried setting it at the client level, but that doesn't change the behavior. I looked everywhere for a reason for this, but absolutely no articles discussing the problem. ...