icon change in the task bar

I run Windows 7 and I have the Outlook program pinned to the task bar at the
bottom of the screen. Up to a few days ago the icon for Outlook in the task
bar was a yellow envelope. It has now mysteriously changed to what appears to
be a generic program icon. How can I make it revert to its original icon.
Thank you.

You probably had a corruption in your icon cache from Windows.
Unpin it and then pin it again from the Outlook shortcut that you can find
in the Start Menu.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I run Windows 7 and I have the Outlook program pinned to the task bar at
> the
> bottom of the screen. Up to a few days ago the icon for Outlook in the
> task
> bar was a yellow envelope. It has now mysteriously changed to what appears
> be a generic program icon. How can I make it revert to its original icon.
> Thank you.

0
Roady

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

Can't change authentication methods on HTTP Virtual Server
Trying to change Authentication Methods for Exchange properties in my HTTP Virtual Server and it is grayed out. I read a document explaining not to use IIS console to do this. Well, I can't do it from here. I am not sure if this is some kind of a security setting. I am logged in as Administrator. Help is greatly appreciated Are you trying to do this from Exchange System Manager, Server, Protocols, HTTP, Exchange Virtual Server? If so, you are correct, you should not make changes through here. You want to change it throuhg IIS. Go to Start, Program Files, Administrative Tools, Interne...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

change datasource before render report
I use SSRS on SQL Server 2008 to create reports from a report template and insert this into a word document. All datasources, reports and template are stored on reportserver. On reportserver I can change datasource of report and report template. Now I want do this in Word. I choose a report and then a datasource. Now I want get this report with choosed datasource. In this case I call webservice ReportExecution2005.asmx functions like this: Warning[] warnings; wsReportExecution2005.LoadReport2(reportName, null); switch (reportas.ToLower()) {...

Outlook Task problem
I'm getting the following message when trying to create a new task: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. In addition, I get the same error message on some of my existing tasks (when trying to update), however others work fine. I'm running XP pro and Outlook 2000. Thanks, Steve ...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

changeing the time CRM sends emails
Hello I have set up various workflow rules that send an email reminder for us a couple of weeks before a contract expires. Is there a way to set the time that these email reminders are sent? At the moment they are coming through at 00.00 which is a pain if you have a blackberry by the bed and they do not get actioned staright away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

How to change word back to normal from a simplyfied version?

Closed envelope icon remain closed for IPM.Note messages
I have some IPM.Note messages with closed envelope icon. The icon remain closed no matter what. The only work-around is to change its message class to something else (e.g., IPM.Note.XXX) and change back. Tried to clear form cache, rename frmcache.dat, ... no luck. (using OL2003 and XP) Did anyone have similar experience? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance! ...

VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change
Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:eu6NJIVmDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words > mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. > > My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for permissions. When I attempt to make a change to the Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any longer to Outlook. That being said I have also made the necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as the new password for the administrator and I have also changed the password at the configuration level in Exchange. I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used to make the neccessary changes. Suggestions ???? Hi, Try this article http://www.m...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

format one data series, with error bars, and use it as default
In Excel can I format one data series with custom plus and minus standard deviation error bars and custom colors and then have the chart use that as the default? I couln't use a format painter to do. JBR, Yes, once you've created the chart with your custom error bars and colors, save it to the Custom Types Gallery: (1) Select (active) the chart. (2) Go to Chart -> Chart Type -> Custom Types Tab -> User Defined. (3) Click the Add button and you should see the Add Custom Chart Type Dialog box. (4) Enter a name and optional description for your chart. (5) Click OK and...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

how to track changes from excel file?
saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes Only if you saved earlier versions under different names (or same name, but a different folder). angie wrote: > > saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view > earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes -- Dave Peterson ...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?
I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for example. Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in without adding a column with numbering? Thanks in advance. Teresa "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:177A3969-6C4A-4633-BA49-32449EBBCABE@microsoft.com: > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for >...

Change default view of OWA folders
Is there a way to change the default view of OWA folders? I want to use 'messages'as default view. Is there a way to change the view of multiple public folders in one go? PremP ...

Change default "save picture as"
When I right click on an image and select "Save Picture as..." it always defaults as a "*.gif" type file. Does anyone know how to set a default to have it always select a "*.jpg" ? Thanks! Tony You could buy Publisher 2007 and the *save picture as* default is .png. We have a programmer guru who would know. Maybe a macro? Ask this on publisher.programming -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tony S." <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBD55927-8405-475D...

In Outlook Express spell checker stuck in French how to change it.
The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is set to English! How can I change it to English in Outlook Express? Outlook Express has nothing to do with Office or Outlook settings. OE is a Windows program. Change OE's settings in Windows Control Panel, Regional & Language settings. "Herb" wrote: > The language setting in the spell checker inOutlook Express is stuck in > French. (No other language option is available) The language in Office is > set to Engli...

Changing layout to a CDialog
Hi to all. I'm trying to develop a CDialog subclass with to possible associated resource IDs, is it possible? I tried this code: CMyDialog dlg; dlg.Create(IDD_LAYOUT1); //create the dialog with first layout //... dlg.SetDlgCtrlID(IDD_LAYOUT2); //I want to change the layout, without to destroy the window and recreate it! dlg.UpdateData(FALSE); but nothing happens. What is wrong? Thanks in advance Bye Andrea Perhaps the CDialogTemplate class might be useful for what you are trying to do? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Acaccia" <andrea.cacciarru@~NOSPAM~email.it> w...

Changing trend lines with macro
Hi Has anyone ever worked out a way of changing trend lines (from sa linear to moving average) using a macro -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56345 Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), make the change through the UI, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will have generated the necessary code that you can customize/generalize as ...

Duplicate Schudules Items in Outlook after changing orginal meeting
When I change a scheduled meeting I sometimes end up with the old item as well as my new meeting in my calendar. What version of Outlook are you using? Specifically what steps are you using to change the meeting? Are you the organizer of the meeting? It only happens sometimes? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "mikef" <mikef@lionbridge.com> wrote in message news:#8CiMn#HIHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I change a scheduled meeting I sometimes end up with the old it...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...