I can't seem to get Outlook 2007 working

I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook
2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the
usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my
password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't
go on to set up. Any ideas?

In article <A6D9D38F-2CC7-4B6B-82B4-D186D8761C3F@microsoft.com>,
Richard@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am running Office 2007 with Vista. I have recently tried to get Outlook
> 2007 working but when I use the wizard to set it up with POP3 etc and the
> usual incoming server details (which are all correct) it won't accept my
> password/login for my mail server. I know it is all correct but it just won't
> go on to set up. Any ideas?

Well it's most unlikey that Vista or Outlook is the problem.  I'd
recheck your settings.

As an alternative test though, try telneting to your server and at least
try and logon.

Vista does not enable Telnet in most of it's versions, so you may need
to enable it...

http://www.tech-
recipes.com/rx/2050/vista_install_enable_telnet_client_server/

Once enabled, try running it from a command prompt.

In the command prompt windows, type:
telnet <your pop server, eg mail.me.com> 110

(you may need to check that the server is not using a non-default (110)
port - as some do do this).

If you can connect to your POP mail server, try then, logging on:
user <enter your username>
pass <enter your password>

To logoff your POP server, type in 'quit'.  You may have to type quit
again, to exit telnet.

--
Duncan.
0

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

POST or GET?

Outlook Sales

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

get a result of an sql into a field

cannot open hyper links in outlook

How to get to email from Word

Outlook Recall Msg Process

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

outlook 97 and express email problems