I am unable to open links

I am unable to open links in my received messages I keep getting a message up
'this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer please
contact administrator' I have checked my security setting and they seem ok,
please help!!!

This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your
internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control
panel, Internet options, Advanced tab).
See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest
information.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"wiccarose" <wiccarose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unable to open links in my received messages I keep getting a message
> up
> 'this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer
> please
> contact administrator' I have checked my security setting and they seem
> ok,
> please help!!!

0
Diane

linked worksheets
i have a problem ...i have got a number of worksheets linked and they work well, the problem i have is when i pull a sheet up it shows the " edit sheet" which u would normally click onto, it now shows another message underneath saying " links have been disabled", i then have to go into this first to allow links then click edit sheet before i can edit the sheet.. so anyone know why this extra message keeps comming up ? i cant understand why it asks this when i have linked the sheets on purpose ? all help welcomed ta Colin x ...

EWS abruptly cannot open database
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Our institution has upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. Mailboxes are moved overnight, then Entourage 2008 (update 12.2.3) clients are upgraded to Entourage 2008 EWS. Identities are imported because we heavily use the 'Folders on My Computer' feature of Entourage. All upgrades have gone smoothly except 2 users. These 2 upgrades (our only 2 remaining PPC Macs) initially went fine. However, after closing and reopening EWS, EWS abruptly set aside the already-successfull...

Cannot open WorkBook
Hello all. I have persevered with this problem I am having long enough and no need to find out what is happening. A workbook I have created is not opening properly when I go to reope the morning after I have saved it on the network. I get to enabl macros and then enter the password then i can see a sheet within boo but it stalls on the calculation as this freezes in the status bar. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge as to why this i happeninig?\ Any feedback greatly appreciated. Regards Krista -- Kstalke ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Multiple copies of file on opening
Whenever I open specific Excel files - multiple copies of that file open at once - so that I have 11 opened copies of the same file. How do I change this so that I only open a single copy of that file? Read thisLDB http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "LDB" <supermite@animail.net> wrote in message news:0fb901c3df6c$3ca16ce0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I open specific Excel files - multiple copies of > that file open at once - so that I have 11 opened copies > of the sa...

Can't open jpeg attachments
don't know what happened. Got auto updated and now can't open jpeg attachments. I get prompt dialog to open or save. If I try to open says 'can't find application'. If I try to save everything freezes. Any suggestions? -- Misanthrope ...

Outlook 2002 opens IE when viewing hotmail folders
I'm at a loss with this one. There are 4 computers at my location. All of them are running XP Professional and Office XP Professional with Frontpage. All the latest updates and service packs (except XP SP2) have been applied to all of the installations. All of the installations use internet only email setup (no MS Exchange) and all of the installations have at least one hotmail account setup. The problem is that on two of the computers, when ever a hotmail folder is accessed, it displays the items in Outlook but also opens up an instance of Internet Explorer that displays the same item...

OWA 2003 links not working
I have an email that has a link in the body of the message. When I click on that link from Outlook (2003) it redirects fine. But when I click on that link from my OWA (happens on both front and back-end server)the link fails and gives me an error "Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException:0<_code=US" (I don't think this is helpful in this case, but wanted to supply the error code). If I take the link that Outlook generates and paste it in my browser(by the way this happens with IE and Firefox) it works fine. Its just when OWA tries t...

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

how to Calculate opening balance?
I have 3 tables tblSales invoice_no Customer_id date 001 222 12/3/04 tblSalesDetail invoice_no product_id unit price qty 001 01 20$ 100 001 02 16$ 50 TblPayment Invoice_no payed amount date 001 200 12/4/04 001 400 12/5/04 I want to build a report,that has the current inventory detail and also the "oldbalance" or "opening balance" How ...

opening .bak file

Is it possible to use a switchboard/form to open a form from another database?
I want to add a button to my switchboard that opens a form in another database. Is it possible to do this and if so how, as the button wizard only seems to enable actions within the same database. Thanks for any help. -- Sam ...

Outlook 2000- Unable to Connect to Server
I keep getting an "unable to connect to server" message # ox800ccc0c when I click send/receive. My web connection works and I have rechecked all e-mail settings. I am at a loss to troubleshoot. So are we with the lack of specifics you provided. Version of Outlook and, if 98 or 2000, mode? Type of Account? Connection type (not dial up or broadband - check your account properties)? When did it stop working and what did you install/uninstall just prior to it not working? What KB articles have you already tried so we don't duplicate the effort? Have you searched google group...

Money 2004 shows transactions to review for an online linked account, but none shown
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42523.0CE258A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Usually, when Money downloads transactions, they appear in my register = as transactions I need to accept. However today, none of them are = showing up and I can't figure why. I have double checked the options to = make sure they are not automatically reconciled. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42523.0CE258A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

I cannot open Organize, what can I do?
I am rying to organize my emails by colors but i cannot open the organize option. It never highlights, nomatter what i do. I downloaded the testversion of Office 2003 from the MIcrosoft website, could this be why i cannot open this option? If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

Edit Links in excel....Urgnet..
Hi, I have data in Excel file and I have linked to data in some other Excel File. Whenever I opened file I will not get automatically updated the links, every time it ask for edit link and also ask for data source to get link update. Please advice me... Best regards vishu ...

Getting Scheduled Tasks to open Outlook in XP Pro?
Hi, I have tried everything to get Outlook to open once in the morning to retrieve my mail. I have set a password and given it what it asks for. I have no trouble running any or Norton Utilities. My Outlook is part of XP Office and updated. Any Suggestions? Thank's Rich ...

Unable to change Macro Security in Excel XP (2002) (SP3)
One of my users has Excel 2002 (XP). When she tries to change the Macro Security to anything other than Medium, as soon as she closes the Macro Security window, it reverts back to the Medium setting. This happens whether we set it to high, or to low. It also happens to me when I log into her machine with my "admin" rights so I don't think it has anything to do with her account security settings. She can login to other machines in the area and have it work fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP to no avail. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thank You. ...

After updating to Office 2007 I'm unable to sync my Pocket PC
After updating from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and adding my exchange server info for email, I have been unable to sync my pocket PC with 2007. I receive the following error message; "cannot synchronize with the Outlook profile you are using because a different profile was previously set up or the profile is password-protected. Please open Outlook using the appropriate profile." Can someone explain to me in English what this means and how to fix it? ...

Setup Error unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.
Hi ! I am installing CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Server Edition at the end of installation I am getting this error. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. IIS 6.0 is working fine as well as ASP.net Please tell how to fix it. -- Regards, JZ ...

Unable to access workflow service
Hi there I have installed the Dynamics v10 Worflow, and it appears to have installed successfuly. However when I try activate it within Dynamics v10 (Setup, system, Workflow setup), a message appears stating that it cannot access the wrokflow service. I have checked on the Administration webpage of the workflow and I cannto select a company. The company drop down menu is empty. what coudl be causing this problem? Regards Robin Hi Robin, You need to install GP Web services and web apllication along with SSP. Please refer workflowinstallation.pdf for successful installation. Regard...

Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.
Help. This error message displays when my user opens Outlook 2002. The only fix I can find is to update my exchange server.. which is already up to date. Any suggestions? ...

Script Error when opening contacts in OL2002
When I open a contact in OL2002, I get a message box that says "Script Error. Object doesn't support this property or method pagesbg. DataGrid 1 Line 11" After I press the ok button (twice) I get into contacts and everything appears to work ok. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the message? Many thanks. ...

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...