How to archive Group email box

Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a good
way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can access
them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we can't
set up any rules like we can on our personal email.
Thanks,
Cheryl

Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with
your own emails.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"stickcc" <stickcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a good
> way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can access
> them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we
> can't
> set up any rules like we can on our personal email.
> Thanks,
> Cheryl

0
Roady
12/8/2009 6:28:58 PM
On Dec 8, 1:28=A0pm, "Roady [MVP]"
<newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
> Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with
> your own emails.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "stickcc" <stic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a g=
ood
> > way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can acce=
ss
> > them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we
> > can't
> > set up any rules like we can on our personal email.
> > Thanks,
> > Cheryl

Just came across this, and I cant believe on the same date I am
looking for this solution.  Question, what version of Sharepoint would
I need?  I don't have any Sharepoint right now, and have a group email
that is about 6gb of mail (my entire customer service department).
Shy of a whole "sharepoint" discussion, what would I look for to get
this working for my self.  Backing up the Exchange server every night
is starting to take it's toll.

Thanks,
Chris
0
Chris
12/8/2009 8:09:48 PM
Well, SharePoint needs backing up too so in that sense you'd be backing up
6GB or Exchange data or 6GB of SQL data ;-)

You can use Windows SharePoint Services which comes for free with a Windows
Server 2003 or higher license. Depending on your total amount of data, you
can use either the free SQL Express edition or SQL Standard or higher.
SharePoint 2007 icm with Outlook 2007 of course gives you the best
experience.

A good start for your decision making process can be found here;
http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/product/editions/Pages/default.aspx

--

"Chris" <email4magnum@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 8, 1:28 pm, "Roady [MVP]"
> <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote:
>> Sure, just move the items to the SharePoint folder like you would do with
>> your own emails.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "stickcc" <stic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Our group has a group inbox and we have reached our limit. Is there a
>> > good
>> > way for us to store archived emails on SharePoint so the group can
>> > access
>> > them? Not sure if we have full permission on this group box because we
>> > can't
>> > set up any rules like we can on our personal email.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Cheryl
>
> Just came across this, and I cant believe on the same date I am
> looking for this solution.  Question, what version of Sharepoint would
> I need?  I don't have any Sharepoint right now, and have a group email
> that is about 6gb of mail (my entire customer service department).
> Shy of a whole "sharepoint" discussion, what would I look for to get
> this working for my self.  Backing up the Exchange server every night
> is starting to take it's toll.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

0
Roady

DDP (Drop down Box)
i have a front sheet that has data input onto it, this then feeds into sheets Monday thru Sunday, I would like to print data on occassions and have decided to creat a form for this option, what i dont want to do is allow users access to the data on the pages then print, am looking for a safe way to do this and decided a form, drop down box, selecting the day of the week to be printed and this would print the required data, Any idea of the code for example, Selecting Monday in the Drop down box, would then print the Sheet "Mon" Tuesday in DDB would then print "Tue" and s...

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

Saving existing Outlook emails
I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how I can save my existing Outlook emails and settings so that once I have the newly reformatted drive setup I can access my saved emails and files? do a search in your hard drive for *.pst... it contains all e-mails and contacts... in brief, all eggs in one basket. If you have mail rules you can export them, as you can your mail account(s). HTH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe01c4a73d$16a62f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm needing to re-format my harddrive and am wondering how > I can ...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Adding attachments to email merges
I am trying to create an email merge in Outlook, with a PDF attachment. It all works ok, and the message sends but the attaachment is always stripped off the message - I have tried different files and the attachement never comes through, or even gets mentioned in the received message. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks m.nutt1 Not supported. You'd need to use third party software for that. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "m.nutt1" <mark@emqc.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23qnq...

Workflow Email on Campaign Response
I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign reponse form a email will be sent but when i go to add the action "send email" is not listed. Is it not possible to do this? This is CRM 3.0 Thanks I am facing the same problem. In CRM 3.0, when I want to add a workflow rule On creating a campaign response, "Send email" is not an available option in the Insert Action menue. Does anyone know the solution? -- Raj Limaye, PMP "Matt" wrote: > I've added a workflow rule so that when a field is changed on the campaign &...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

linking to publisher email
How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? The easiest way is to insert a email link to you along with instructions. Select the text or image > insert > hyperlink > Email Address and enter your email address. DavidF "NK" <NK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166F126E-17FC-468E-9A42-9E23ACE8454D@microsoft.com... > How do you make a link for unsubscribing to an email? ...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Creating a Check Box
I would like to learn how to create a check box. Is there a way to do that? The simplest checkbox (I think) is from the Forms toolbar. So View|tool bars and show that Forms toolbar. Click on the checkbox and then click on the topleft corner where it should be placed. Then draw to the opposite lowerright corner. When you've placed it correctly, right click on it and select "Format Control" On the Control Tab, you can assign a cell link that you can use to determine if the checkbox is checked or not. =if(A1=True,"It's checked","It's not checked") ...

Hi - does anyone know how to view the source code of an email in Outlook 2003? - tia Jam4 ...

Emails don't find contacts in restored Outlook
My hard drive burned up, so I replaced it, reinstalled, and imported everything into Outlook. The contacts are there if you click contacts. However, when sending emails, there is no way to connect to my contacts. It's like they are invisible. You never import Outlook data to restore it. You just open the Outlook data file. When you do, you will be able to configure your address book view to display your Contacts the same way as always: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine "Mike Row Soft" <MikeR...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

Don't get some emails;
Some emails don't come thru. From another computer I can forward messages to my email site but don't receive new messages. Also not getting some emails from various sites. ...

Update table with Multi-select list box
I have a database with a tab control that has several pages in it (my boss loves tabs for navigation). Each page has a list box based on a category of training events that members of my office attend and the box is based on a query that selects the training events for the tab page's respective category. I select an item from the list, click a button, and go to a form with a text box showing the name of the training event I previously selected. On that form, I want to select mutiple names of office members from a list box (already created and source is the Office Roster table) and then c...

email address link
When I click on an email address link in the body of an received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change the settings? If so, where would I look? Thanks in Advance Try this - In your Control Panel: Open Internet Options Go to Programs Tab For Email, choose Outlook as your default. Now click OK. Retry. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on an email address link in the body of an >received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of >my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change >...

html or plain text in email
Using MS Outlook 2000, when I want to reply to or forward an email, how do I get that reply or forward to be in html rather than plain text. When I create a new email it defaults to html, but when I reply or forward, it defaults to plain text. Thank you. using the forward or reply/all from menu the message will take on the config of the original sender. So the sender of the this message has txt as default editor. If you want to use your default (html) you will have to create new message and copy all text out of original past in your new message. Hope this helps. >-----Original ...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks ...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

non-duplicate combo box
I have about 1000 rows of data. There are anywhere from 3 to 5 categories among the data (it changes weekly) I want to set up a combo box that displays only the appropriate categories based on the available data that the user can select to apply a filter. How can I do that? Glen With a pivot-table ? Bas Hartkamp <glen.e.mettler@lmco.com> schreef in bericht news:1133191693.081689.241520@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have about 1000 rows of data. > There are anywhere from 3 to 5 categories among the data (it changes > weekly) > I want to set up a combo box that di...