How do you ensure outbox work consistently with Pro7 & 2003

Since implementing 7 Pro my 2003 Outlook does not send out messages
consistantly and sometimes requires that I reboot computer.

"NormanH" <NormanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since implementing 7 Pro my 2003 Outlook does not send out messages
> consistantly and sometimes requires that I reboot computer.

Error message? What happens?

0
Gordon
2/23/2010 7:56:00 PM
NormanH wrote:

> Since implementing 7 Pro my 2003 Outlook does not send out messages
> consistantly and sometimes requires that I reboot computer.

And what happens if you load Outlook in its safe mode?

  outlook.exe /safe
0
VanguardLH

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Outlook and Hotmail -- now works again! For some not all?
Received from MS: <<Recently, Hotmail� announced that ... Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft� Office Outlook� and Outlook Express. [BUT....] <<We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.>> ....an "...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

Can't Make this Work
I create a new Datasheet form from tlPB and get the "FIRST SQL VIEW". I then select DirectoryID and from the Row Source, I get the "SECOND SQL VIEW". I then select DeptID and from the Row Source, I get the "THIRD SQL VIEW". DirectoryID and DeptID are both Combo Boxes. Problem I want only those DeptID's that are related to the DirectoryID that has been entered in the Datasheet. Can someone show me how this is done? -------------------------------------------------------- FIRST SQL VIEW SELECT tblPB.PBID, tblPB.DirectoryID, tblPB.DeptID FROM t...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Request Responses Not Working Properly
I am running Outlook 2003 sp2. When I send a meeting request out to a large group of people I uncheck the option to request responses. For the most part it works except, I continually get one response back out of the several hundred that I send. The only difference that I can see between this user and all others is that he is responding back to the meeting request from his pda, which is connecting via owa. If I respond directly from owa, it works fine. I tested using another pda and experienced the same problem. Any ideas? ...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Outlook 2003 Reply Signature
When replying or forwarding an e-mail, the typed text follows the settings I have set in Tools> Options> Mail Format> Fonts, however the signature picks up the font from the senders e-mail. I have edited and saved the signature several times, but for some reason I cannot get it to provide a fixed font. The style is "Normal" which for my computer is set to Times New Roman, however, when responding, it converts to whatever the normal style was in the senders e-mail. This happens for all mail I respond to, even ones that I originated and were sent back to me....

Internal emails get bounce backs, external work fine
I have a strange problem. Running Exchange 2003 enterprise service pack 1 One user, can't get emails internally. We get the following message: Greg Montgomery on 5/9/2006 10:19 AM The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient. But externally it works fine. So people emailing Greg using his SMTP account, all is well. Here is a kicker though. All of a sudden, some people can now...

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

exch 2003
how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server thanks LDAP isn't active on Exchange 2003 but only on your DCs. Try to do a telnet on the port 389 (LDAP). Regards, Xavier "Urs Meier" <urs@atcinc.com> wrote in message news:0ba501c3dec7$e3afe700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how can i find out if LDAP is active on my 2003 server > > thanks ...

ctrl A should select all in MS Excel 2003
In past versions of MS Excel, the keys [ctrl]&[a] used to select an entire screen. In Excel 2003, pressing it once just selects a table or some specific set of data. I have to press it twice now to select the entire screen. It is not a big deal, but I prefer the original way it worked, hence the name of the fucntion "select ALL". If users would like to select a subset of data, a different set of keys should be used. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#foobar -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany the-temp wrote: > In past versions of MS Ex...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

Outlook 2003 meeting request issue
Greetings experts! :) Recently we have switched to Outlook 2003 here. (about 50 users) On occasion, meeting requests do not function correctly, in fact, the behaviour is exactly the issue documented in Q307313 about iCalendar interoperability problems, and we experienced this problem during the transition from O2K to O2K3. However, everyone is on O2K3 now, so there should be no problem.. and usually there isn't.. but SOMETIMES, a meeting request comes out just like it did in O2K, like the recepient can't read it.. when this happens, all the recepients of that particular request get ...