How do you block emails with certain words?

I want to block emails that have certain words either in the title of the
message.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I know you can go to rules, but I
still can't find how to block specific words.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

You can set the condition that if the message contains specific words that
the message is move to a specific folder such as the Junk Email folder.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"AUNTJENOF4" <AUNTJENOF4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to block emails that have certain words either in the title of the
> message.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I know you can go to rules,
> but I
> still can't find how to block specific words.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

0
Roady
12/16/2009 6:46:16 AM
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:38:02 -0800, AUNTJENOF4 wrote:

> I want to block emails that have certain words either in the title of the
> message.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I know you can go to rules, but I
> still can't find how to block specific words.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

You can't "block" email using a client; "blocking" is a server function.

You can delete it from the server under certain, limited conditions. The
limitation is that the trigger is something in the "Subject:", "From:", or
"To:/Cc:" header lines. Also that a word is encoded using something like UTF
(there are others); plain text only.

Beyond those limitations, you can use rules to filter to folders.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

Receiving Difficutles with alternate email address
I have a broadband internet service provider that allows multiple email addresses on the same account. I setup the second only to find that I cannot receive email on that account address. I am using Outlook 2003 SP2. I also have Outlook Express with the same result. I can send from the account. I have contacted the internet service provider but they cannot help with Outlook only Outlook Express. I also use Norton Antivirus (Systemworks), Norton Firewall and Norton Confidential Both email address are setup exactly the same. The test says it is ok. Does anyone have any advice for this i...

email page layout
Somehow the Windows Live Mail page layout changed on my laptop. Instead of the top portion of the page having the senders address and subject on the top and the message on the bottom, I now have the data in three columns: inbox, send, etc senders address and subject message How can I change the layout back to the original? View (ALT+V), Layout, Reading Pane -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "mcalbud" <mcalbud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2356B046-BE39-4222-A1B2-7C9F77F6FF83@microsoft.com... > Somehow the Windows Live Mail ...

email contacts
Installed WAB Outlook Express file to new computer. Tried to delete/change/add emails & groups. Turn off computer, no changes are saved. -- patientbutfrustrated Did you import the OE WAB file into Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or are you still using OE? If you are using WLM (this newsgroup forum is for that program), are you signing into a Live Id when you start WLM? Look in the upper right hand corner of the WLM screen. If it says "Sign in", you re not signed in When you sign in WLM synchs your contacts with that Live Id on a Microsoft server. If you ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

Outlook Junk EMail Filter
I'm using Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003 on the back end. Cached mode is enabled. Junk Email filter is set to "Low: Move the most obvious junk e-mail to the Junk E-mail folder". Nothing is listed in the Safe Senders/Recipients list and Blocked Senders list. Outlook seems to think that ALL email NOT coming from Exchange server is junk mail. They all go to Junk folder. I got the same result when using OL2003. I thought OL2007 works better than OL2003 but apparently it is the same. Is this how the filter is supposed to work when enabled? "John" <a>...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

Time of Day in email is wrong
One XP computer - using Outlook for email. Receive an email at 9:54am Reply at 9:55am Outlook reports the received email was received at 10:54am Time zone on computer is correct. Outlook reports that reply was sent at 10:55am What could be causing this? It would be good to get it fixed. Thanks, Fred Check your daylight savings time settings under both Control Panel and Outlook Calendar options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be d...

Email template insert data fields into subject line.
Hello, Is there a way to insert data fields into the subject line in email templates? I would like to add a case number so our customers can see it in the Subject line. Thanks, Steve ...

Arabic/Farsi in Office 2004 (Word and Excel)
How do you setup Word 2004 and Excel 2004 to type right to left in arabic or farsi. I have enabled Farsi and arabic in the international pane of the System Preferences and I am able to type perfectly ok in TextEdit. However when I type Arabic or Farsi in Word 2004 the characters appear but they do not connect to one another as they do in TextEdit. Any ideas on how to fix this?? You can not type right to left in Office:Mac yet. This is certainly something to expect from the next version of Office:Mac... With Office:2004 dating from mid 2004, I can expect that the next Office might come out ...

email accounts logon incoming server
I recently moved my company website to a new provider (server). After satisfactorily migrating the website I attempted to update the email account details in outlook 2002, so our company email accounts would receive from the new mail server. On my own PC running XP, I changed all details but when using 'test account settings' I get an error on 'logon to incoming server'. I know the settings are correct as I have set up the same details on another PC also running XP and using Outlook 2002, and the settings work and test OK. Every time my computer does an automatic send...

sending emails by the state catagory
I have about 1,700 email addrerss. I need to send out emails by the state they live in. I can't seam to do this. One way if possible, if i can change the display name to state in the select contacts box. Any suggestions? Johnny;114259 Wrote: > I have about 1,700 email addrerss. I need to send out emails by the > state > they live in. I can't seam to do this. One way if possible, if i can > change > the display name to state in the select contacts box. Any suggestions? Display the Contacts in a table view. Right-click the State field header and choose G...

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

email newsletter help publisher 2002
Hi, i have office xp 2002...anyways, I want to create a newsletter to send via email, preferable not as an attachment..how exactly do i do this..thanks, Kasey www.weaim2pleez.com Create it as a web page, copy and paste into the email and send as HTML. Many folks will not accept HTML emails because of security reasons. Use the PDF alternative. Free writers are around. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "weaim2pleez.com" <weaim2pleez.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How do you add a live URL link to the body of an email?

How do I "bounce" or "redirect" email in outlook 2003

How to create a column styled blog in Word
I want to use word to create content for a blog that looks like a magazine with 2 columns - how would I create a column blog ...

Columns in Word 2003
How do I remove columns from a text that uses them. Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You're be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Platon Rigos" <Platon Rigos @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69000A1F-A61D-4D3C-921F-029C20A2F2A0@microsoft.com... > How do I remove columns from a text that uses them. ...

Place Access database into Word with styles?
I have an Access (2003) database with several tables. In one of these tables (let's call it "Books"), each row refers to a book. Fields include Title, Author, ISBN, CopyrightDate, Description, and so on. I also have a large Microsoft Word (2003) document containing documentation (let's call it "Reference") about a software product. I'd like to place the data from the Books table into the Reference document, but I want the benefit of the Word styles defined in the document so that I can customize the look of the exported info by using a Word style. For instance,...

win i delate an email from the in box the outlook restart it self
im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the in box the programe (the outlook) restart it self or shut down ' plz help me what it can be th e proplem What version of Outlook are you using? Also, have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file? A post of the details of the error might be nice also. "azmi" <azmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C123E2A-CDBA-47EB-B77F-C9A39128D5E3@microsoft.com... > im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the > in > box > the programe (the outl...

outlook 2003 emails not delivered for hours
ive just installed outlook 2003, running on windows xp pro with sp2. if i send email from oe it arrives immediately. if i send from outlook it goes out ok but is not delivered back to me for hours or days. i have diabled antivirus and firewall but without any change. i use freeserve as my isp Please can you help. Pete just selected "ignore plug in status" in avg 7 antivirus and it now works a treat "Pete c" <peterculdrose@fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:cs8ak2$43d$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk... > ive just installed outlook 2003, running on windows xp pr...

Email all addresses returned in a sub-form
I have a form that is linked to a sub form. These are connected via a class name so when they user filters the main form to a specific class the sub form returns only the students in that class. The data returned contains email addresses. I would like to have the ability to send an email to everyone in the specified class so I don't have to type each name in order to update the students on scheduling or locations. I can currently send an email to every student in the data base using the following code in a function: strSQL = "SELECT tblEmailList.Email FROM tblEmailList WHERE...

Word wont open doc while on train
hello my dad uses word 2003 on windows xp 64bit word is the 32bit version at home he has an adsl modem that supplies him with his ip for his ethernet conection and a basic firewall he is also a memeber of a workgroup of 2 machines. He has no issues with word at home but when he makes a journey on the train word will not open documents it starts no problem it just when he tries to open documents to edit word refuses to open them. he is not using wireless on the train the laptop is setup the same way as if he was at home apart from being disconected from the lan. he has had this...