How do I sync Signatures and folders between different machines?

I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched
correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the work
laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The
signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of mail account?
How are you currently attempting to sync? (outlook doesn't sync without the
use of third party tools)
What version of Outlook?

"Ben Davidson" <Ben Davidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched
> correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the
> work
> laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The
> signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need
> help!!!!!!!!!!!

0
DL
4/2/2010 1:55:59 PM
Signatures are stored in %appdata%\microsoft\signatures. It is possible to
sync these folders using a service such as live mesh, but that is generally
overkill unless you change the signatures frequently.

Unless you use IMAP, Hotmail, or exchange server, syncing folders requires
some effort or a utility. See http://slipstick.me for more information.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Ben Davidson" <Ben Davidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use Outlook on two different machines and the set up is not synched
> correctly. My home version does not update when I add new folders on the
> work
> laptop and the signatures are not saved in the home PC version. The
> signatures were created on the laptop and saved there. I need
> help!!!!!!!!!!!

0
Diane

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.
Sir/Ma'am, Here's my issue: I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the "caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as well. For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)." I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line. My style book requ...

Duplicate Columns on Different Sheets
Assuming I have a column on Sheet1 named "Customers1" and another colum named "Customers2" on Sheet2, is there a way that I can automaticall copy any data inputed from Customers1 to Customers2? I currently use =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1),"",Sheet1!A1) and drag a necessary. This works well but if I insert rows into Sheet1, then must remember to insert the same row into Sheet2. I was thinking if I could automtically copy an entire column, thi would a) make things easy and b) decrease the possibility of error -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, ...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

LDAP, AD and Public Folders
Currently we have all of our company wide contacts in a Public Folder. Can we access those contacts with LDAP without having to move them all to the AD as contacts? If the only way to access them through LDAP is if the are contacts in the AD, is there an easy way to move them all from the public folder to AD? If the contacts have to be in AD, how do I allow users to be able to add/edit/delete these contacts through Outlook? We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 200x. Thank you for your help "Shirley DeLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we h...

Digital Signature Capture Delivers Real Savings
If you're interested in signature capturing on PDF or TIFF documents generated from IBM AS/400, iSeries or Windows Applications, check out our educational webinar below. Signed documents can be stored in Sharepoint. https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/933091792 ...

After Password Fix, Money04 sync issues with MSN & MoneyCentral
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C478A0.0E7A19C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable *** this is a repost...=20 I was one of those affected by the .NET password issue last week. Money = is now working. However, my sync with MSN isn't... Aparently when I deassociated my passport from Money, it also broke that = connection to MSN. Now that's it's reassociated with my passport, I = need to tell it to sync the info with Money Central (to upload account = info and my investme...

Outlook 2007 collapsed folders
Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always have to click the '+' sign. If new mail comes in I cant see the header right away until I uncollasped the folder. Did I change the default view somewhere? Thanks Kita kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, > unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always > have to click the '+' sign. What tye of account? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 9 Aug 200...

Changing margins on different pages in document templates.
I was wondering how you change the margins for different pages in a template. Specifically, my firm is using a letterhead for the first page but blank pages after that so the header and footer margins on the first page ONLY must be larger than normal, while the following pages are fine with default settings for the margins. How do you do this and save it as a template? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the "More complex letterhead" section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://wo...

What is the different between the Canidian Edition and US?? Why Canada only have Standard???
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Active Sync timeed out with DEV_10
I have problems with sync my mobile. normally the mobile syncs 100 Objects and then stops. Next time it syncs the next 100 objects and stops again. Does anybody know why just one hundred !? On the Device I got the following error (at the end of the log) =-=- [15/3/2006 9:26:8.0] -=-= =-=-=-= Server Response =-=-=- No Header Found, got error: 80070006 Thanks Marc ...

Exchange 2007 OWA Signatures
Will Exchange 2007 OWA have the option to attach a SIGNATURE? We have GIF, JPG files for our users and we would like to have this through OWA. Thanks. I don't see an option to attach any kind of files into your signature, at least with the build I have. It doesn't appear that the signature options have changed much over what is offered in Exchange 2003. Of course, that could change once Beta2 comes out - don't know for sure. You can pre-register for Exchange 2007 Beta2, which I believe should be out in a few more weeks. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta...

Outlook 2007 signature not showing up in colour
I have setup a signature with a logo in Outlook 2007 and it will not show with colour or a logo. Any ideas??? It works fine an other computer. On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:02:26 -0700 (PDT), samdev <laura@noblesoftwaresolutions.com> wrote: >I have setup a signature with a logo in Outlook 2007 and it will not >show with colour or a logo. Any ideas??? It works fine an other >computer. are you sure its set to html and not text On Oct 5, 10:27=A0pm, Ant T <nos...@nospam.com> wrote: > On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:02:26 -0700 (PDT), samdev > > <la...@noblesoftwaresolutions....

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Exchante 2000 deleted public folder
Using Exchange 2000 a client deleted a public folder called say AAA by mistake. It staff member. Therefore the folder had an email address of AAA@xxx.nsw.gov.au. We found an old PST and tried under exchange admin to recreate the folder. It kept saying email address already exists. Found under AD users/computers advanced the Exchange folder and found the object for this folder. How do we recreate the folder using the same email address. This email address is published on our website so we cannot change it. Urgent any hep accepted -- Kath On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:41:03 -0800, Kaddi...

Get a specific Program files folder
Hi! I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will copy and register the xla and the xlt. My problem is to get my new program files folder. Is there a vbs code that i can execute to get it? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. "Thierry Paradis" wrote in message news:emUEhMuPGHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific > Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will > copy and register ...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

Sent Folder Shows "FROM" instead of "TO" (Recipient)
I have two AOL email accounts set up in Outlook 2007. On one account the Sent Folder displays the recipient "TO"which is good. But on the other the Sent Folder does not display the recipient "TO" it just displays the "FROM" which I already know it's from me. Can anyone tell me how to change the account so the Sent folder will display who the message is going to instead of who it came from? Check under the View | Arrange By (or View | Current View) to see if you accidently changed the view to sort by "From" rather than "To...

Pictures in Signatures
I have created a signature and inserted a picture, but it doesn't show when I write a new e-mail, there's only a box with a red cross. Why?? Make sure you link to the picture correctly in your template. Your picture should also show up here; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Casey" <Casey@discus...

Have to tell Money that a transaction is different
I have Money 2005 on Win XP pro. I use downloaded transactions along with manual entry transactions except for my 401K which only uses downloaded transactions. Twice a month (on payday) I automatically make several 401K purchases (20 of them). When Money downloads them I go in to accept them and for every single tranaction it asks me if some past transaction is the same. ex. transaction dated 12/15/2005 purchase 10 shares of stable value at 10 dollars per share for a total of 100 dollars. Then money asks if this transaction is the same as some other transaction where the only thing...