How do I switch text from capitals to normal?

If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form
wthout re-typing whole email?

Yes, but the method depends on the version of Outlook and the Editor used.

chris verbeski wrote:

> If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form
> wthout re-typing whole email?

0
Bob
12/17/2009 2:17:31 PM
For m, it works like this - select all the text, then hold down shift and tap
the F3 key, that toggles the text between lower case, capitals and then
capital first letter for every word.  It doesnt' work everywhere but works in
Word.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Yes, but the method depends on the version of Outlook and the Editor used.
>
> chris verbeski wrote:
>
> > If I type an email in all CAPS, is there a way to make it into regular form
> > wthout re-typing whole email?
>
> .

seeing only text
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01CAE4B1.6E67C840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable For some reason my Windows Mail has stopped showing html. As late as 5PM = this evening I was able to see stationery posts , but now all I get is = text.=20 Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01CAE4B1.6E67C840 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

Pictures and Text
I am putting pictures and text in my Publisher 2003 file but it does not display any pictures or text. I did check the settings in pictures and it is set correctly. Does it display anything? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E097098D-7416-499B-99BF-85FC45D42CD5@microsoft.com... >I am putting pictures and text in my Publisher 2003 file but it does not > display any pictures or text. I did check the settings in pictures and it > is > set correctly. It does show the text but does not show any picture...

Hyperlinks and Auto Text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) When inserting a hyperlink, the program replaces the highlighted text with {HYPERLINK <a href="http://">http://</a> etc.}. Remove the hyperlink and the text reappears. Also instead of displaying page numbers I just get {PAGE}. The correct page number prints as does the hyperlinked text. You've simply toggled display of the field codes. Press Option+F9 to toggle the codes off & display the results of the fields. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/29/10 11:21 AM, in article 59bb6259....

Copying text from error messages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5232B.0E48DFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to be able to copy the text (only) from the Send and Receive = Errors box so that I can send them to my ISP. How do I do that? Thanks --=20 Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker=20 Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5232B.0E48DFF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE ...

format text #2
Hi, I have a list of names in excel that is currently listed Firstname Lastname. I need it to be listed Lastname, Firstname. Is there a way to do this? in the next column do =concatenate(Lastnamecell,", ",Firstnamecell) "VDan" wrote: > Hi, > I have a list of names in excel that is currently listed Firstname Lastname. > I need it to be listed Lastname, Firstname. > Is there a way to do this? Both names are in the same cell. "Mike" wrote: > in the next column do > =concatenate(Lastnamecell,", ",Firstnamecell) > > "VDan...

encoding issue / no text displayed
When I recieve an email fron one customer in particular, the body of the message is blank. If i open the mesage and go to 'View' then 'Encoding', "Japanese(auto select)" is already checked. I have it to change to "Western European(Windows)" in order to see the message body in english. No one else in my organization has this problem if they are CC'd on the same message. How can i fix it? Outlook 2003, SP3 ...

Outlook not switching to new user
Often, when I try to switch users in Oulook 6 (for XP) the program seems to become 'unavailable' and the only way I've found toget it back is to logoff. Does anyone konw why this might be thr case Thanks ...

text fields... windows?
i was really surprised to learn that listboxes and edit controls are actually windows (as in stuff you can make with createwindow). what i was wondering is... are text fields (those fields with one line) also windows? are they just a special case of the edit control? thanks for the help. i'm a novice, so plz don't laugh anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: > i was really surprised to learn that listboxes and edit > controls are actually windows (as in stuff you can make > with createwindow). what i was wondering is... are text > fields (those fields with one line) a...

problem about count text
Dear all, I have a table A B SD ASDFG SDFTY WREGD UJHDSD I want to count the no. of appearance of the text at B1 in column A, in this case, is 3. The formula is =countif(A2:A5, "*SD*"). However as the text "SD" would be changed all the time, I have tried the formula =countif(A2:A5, "*(B1)*"), but it fails. What should the formula please. Kent Try it this way: =3Dcountif(A2:A5, "*"&B1&"*") Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 8, 9:05=A0am, "Kent&q...

Text Import wizard #6
If I am in an excel spreadsheet and I try to open a .txt file, the test Import wizard used to open so I could determine columns and data etc. Now, when I try to open the file, the wizard does not open..excel opens with a new spreadsheet. How do I get the wizard to open again? My firm re-imaged my machine and all kinds of things are off. -- Old Bob If you right click on the file that you are opening and select "open with" it should give the option of excel, from there it should walk you through the wizard. It is a matter of needing make the .txt file using the "text ...

Add Capital One Credit Card Account
In Money Deluxe (2008) the add credit card account wizard tries to force the use of Capital One's banking web site, which is wholly different to, and uses different log-in credentials, to the Capital One Credit Card web site. How do I force the add credit card wizard to reference the credit card site? Capital One has an OFX service within Money, listed as Capital One Bank, that is available for customers that have either just bank accounts or both bank accounts and credit cards which is why this FI name is available on both the bank and credit cards list of FI choices. In other word...

Word document. squiggles instead of text. Why?
I have a 5280 word document. When I try to open it for editing, all I can see is green squiggly lines where my text should appear. How can I recover my words? It would appear that the font has been formatted as white. For a start, try Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Spacebar. Or, if that's too drastic, Ctrl+A, then Ctrl+D and select "Automatic" as the font color. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jocar2@Charter.net" <Jocar2@Charter.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC50...

Keeping text within the cell
Hi all, Mr. Newbie here, How does one format the cell so that when text is entered it does not flow across the worksheet or resize the cell? I would prefer to keep the cell the same size and not have the text run into the next column and then just mouse over the cell to read what is in that cell. Is this possible? Thanks Tim Foster Make an entry in the cell to the right (even a space). In article <rie3d059vtotqt4pihh14u0n6r34mqau1t@4ax.com>, Tim Foster <opyis@shaw.ca> wrote: > Hi all, Mr. Newbie here, > > How does one format the cell so that when text is entered i...

About Auto Text in Word 2007
I saved my auto text entries on XP (Word 2003) to a second, re-named file, rather than leave the entries in normal.dot. This was a recommendation that I read somewhere. Wondering if the same thing applies to Building Blocks (including all its sections) in Word 2007? Any help/advice appreciated. Thanks. The default building blocks set is stored in Building blocks.dotx - not the normal template. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com...

Is possible to remove handwriting from recognized text?
Maybe question is a bit strange, but anyway... I use OneNote 2007 to take notes, using tablet. Than, I convert handwritting into text. Of course, I have to check conversion, as there are errors (maybe my style of writing, maybe polish language is too hard, at least now, for perfect recognition). To correct sentences I frequently use "right mouse button" to see some propositions of other words. But after I do conversion, I would like to remove all ink data from page, as I would never use it, and file is much larger with it. Is there any possibility to do such thing...

Capture right click in text box
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I know you can trap a double-click on a textbox on a form. Is it possible to capture a right mouse click on a text box on a form? If so, how is it done using VBA (or otherwise)? Could someone please post generic example code? Thanks much in advance. Private Sub Text0_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, _ X As Single, Y As Single) If Button = acRightButton Then MsgBox "You pressed the right button." End If End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "...

Populate a footer on a protected form with text from mixture of text form fields & drop down form filed
I have a form which generates the filename from various drop down fields/ text fields(for extraction of text in one field, the text is split, only using PART of the entry) I would like to populate the footer with the generated filename BEFORE the file is saved with this auto generated name. The code I am using to create the fileneame & save with this name is (section after "Call RunSpellCheck": Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("classificationDD").Result = "ENTER REPORT CLASSIFICATION" Then MsgBox "You forgot to fill in th...

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet #2
Hi Nikos or whomever, Thaks for the code. I tried it out, & it managed to import the 1st fil & then give the following error w/ 3 available buttons...... -------------------------------------------------------- Run-time error '1004' Application-defined or object-defined error >>> [End] [Debug] [Help] -------------------------------------------------------- If i go into [Debug], I get the following line highlighted i yellow.... -> ActiveCell.Offset(i, j).Value = vLine As I'm not a VB programmer, I will try my best to figure this one ou using the help &...

Hiding Text in Publisher 2007
Is there a way to format text so that it is hidden? I want to have page numbers on a booklet for viewing in drafting mode (on the PC screen), but I do not want the page numbers to print on the booklet. I know I could always delete the numbers before printing, but I don't want to have to both with that if I could simply format the text box in which they appear as "hidden text" (like you can do with text in Word). Thanks in advance. Page numbers are on the Master page (background). When you are ready to print, view, check ignore Master page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:...

Sorting numbers and text separately
Excel 2003 When I sort a list that contains text that looks like numbers, I am NOT getting the pop-up asking if whether I want them to sort as numbers or text. It just automatically sorts text that looks like numbers as numbers, which is not what I want. Any ideas? Thanks, Tim C If you want it sorted as text, then you have to change the format to text. There is no option to sort as text or numbers. There is a small glitch I noticed that when you changed the cells' format to text it still sorts it as numbers. You have to manually double click on each cell and hit enter to m...

Saving delimited text file to a network drive
Hi there, I am using a form and want to save it as a delimited text file - I can do this with no problems when saving to a local drive however it will not save to a network drive (the permissions are correct and allow all other files to be saved etc.). Please can you help. Thanks :-) ...

emailed publisher publication has text missing at end of textbox
I have emailed a publication created in Publisher 2003, Version 11.0.7969.0 for printing. When printed a number of the text boxes have text missing at the end of articles. The publication prints ok an my own printer. How can I overcome this? Many thanks -- ROY I ran into this problem myself. Unfortunately the margins differ with printers. All you can do is to shorten that email. I ended up testing various emails with a friend. We were on the phone, which made it tough because she still uses dial-up. It took about an hour before we finally came up with a solution that we thought wou...

Reopening publisher doc, the text is converted to last font used?
When I open a multiple page, multiple font publisher doc, the entire text of the doc has been converted to the last font used before saving? Help!!!! LSA wrote: > When I open a multiple page, multiple font publisher doc, the entire > text of the doc has been converted to the last font used before > saving? Help!!!! Is this Publisher publication from a wizard/template? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. No, it was created from a blank page, of which ther...

Is it possible to shade text within a text box?
I would like to be able to add shading to text within a text box. Is this possible? Thanks for your help. Format, font, select the shadow. The text is shadowed gray, that is the only way you can shadow text unless you use WordArt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Hair Traders" <HairTraders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A452279C-1C69-4235-9520-54D9CB993ADF@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to add shading to ...

change the text of a custom shape
I'm something of a visio newbie and I imported a set of custom stencils to use to make wireframes with. The problem is that I can't seem to change the text on the shapes when I drag them to the page. Double-clicking doesn't work and Editing the Group detaches it from the stencil, which I don't want. I know there must be some way to edit the text which I'm not seeing - can anyone tell me what that is? On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:22:01 -0800, DesgnLvr <DesgnLvr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm something of a visio newbie and I imported a set of custom ste...