How do I stop my name from showing on my email address

Outlook Express:  I have just set up a new email account and for personal
reasons I do not wish the people receiving an email from me to know my actual
name (not for any dishonest reasons I would like to add).  My new email
account now puts my name boldly in front of my email address, which is shown
in brackets.  Is there any way I can delete my actual name and just have my
email address showing only?
-1

go into account setup and replace the display name with your alias.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"Led Zeppelin" <Led Zeppelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook Express:  I have just set up a new email account and for personal
> reasons I do not wish the people receiving an email from me to know my
> actual
> name (not for any dishonest reasons I would like to add).  My new email
> account now puts my name boldly in front of my email address, which is
> shown
> in brackets.  Is there any way I can delete my actual name and just have
> my
> email address showing only?

0
Diane
2/4/2010 5:19:06 PM
"Led Zeppelin" <Led Zeppelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook Express:

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook
97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products.  Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
Good luck!

0
Gordon

Can't Send Emails
Hi I'm having problems sendin emails, they just sit in the outbox abd the following error message appears:- "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Your enquiry, reference number RM0124-9733', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B" There is no problem receiving emails. This may have started about the time I upgraded to Outlook Express 6 although I'm not sure now if that was a coincidence. Any help gratefully received. Gareth Are you dialling up...

Deleting corrupt sending email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap I have a corrupt email that keeps trying to be sent, but then return the error message that it cannot be sent (presumably because its corrupt). I can still send emails, it's just this one that's stuck as as there's no 'outbox' I can't see it to delete. Can anyone let me know how I can get rid of it? <br> Thanks. Quit Entourage, then relaunch it while holding down the Shift key. This will disable any schedules that run at startup, i.e. Entourage won't try ...

Can not open folders containing emails. Says server not availble
I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not available. Contact your administrator." What version of Outlook? What type of email acount/profile was created for Outlook to use? Did this work before? "Gil Moorman" <Gil Moorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:821C5535-AAD2-4C13-9BD4-C9EE4BB2798A@microsoft.com... > I cannot open my folder for email files in Outlook. Get error message saying > "set of folders could not be opened. Server is not a...

How do I name categories of a pie chart
I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. HELP!! Right click within the chart, select "Format Data Series..." Go to "Data Labels" tab. Select "Series Name" or "Category Name" "RGC" wrote: > I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names > of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. > HELP!! ...

Certificate error suddenly showing up.
I have one user that is getting the following error each time he starts up Outlook on his system. Security alert autodiscover.domaain.com Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. (Check mark) The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority. (Check Mark) The security certificate date is valid. (Red X) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. Do you want to proceed? Yes No View Certificate. The certificate f...

Bills Insights Shows Nothing
Just upgraded from 07 to Plus (Deluxe). I set Bills Insights to run on startup. I have many bills listed in my bills summary in Money, but nothign shows in Insights. I restarted, thinking maybe it needed a kickstart, but still no go. The bills are not set to auto-pay. Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? Thanks. J I haven't used Insight other than starting it once. It DID show past due and soon to come due items. Are any of your bills expired or soon to come due? "rlrcstr" wrote: > Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? 2 listed past due. 2 listed as du...

Need Advise for Two Email Domains
Hello-- We currently receive email to our domain "abc.com" and want to eventually switch over to another domain we own, "xyz.net." For about three months, we want to receive email to both domains until our members get used to the new address. I added an MX and Host A record in our DNS server and we get email internally to the new "xyz.net" address. I contacted our ISP that hosts our website and had them create a new MX record with the new domain there, but we still cannot get email sent to the "xyz.net" address that is sent from the outside. Ca...

export email address'
Greetings, Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? Seems that RMS can export limited info. JVM You can either modify the customer list report yourself and add Email as another column or download the Customer List with Email Address from the CusotmerSource Reports Library. http://tinyurl.com/ntuz8 Rob "lax guy" <lax guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF3E34A9-1721-4A91-9792-4D6D8A68AC8C@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? > Seems that RMS can export limited ...

Re: Add email address to outlook
Ben, Thanks for the reply. When I right click on the sender's name I don't have the option to "add sender to address book". Is there a way to add it. I did have that option when I used Outlook Express. thank you ...

accessing address book in Outlook 2002
I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has Outlook 2002 and I want to use this instead of Hotmail to access my mail. I now am able to send and receive messages through Outlook but I cannot access my address book that I had with Hotmail. I need help b/c i have 3 pages of contacts!! You have to use your browser to access the web based address book at Hotmail. Outlook is better used for POP mail. >-----Original Message----- >I recently had a fire and had to get a new computer. My >ISP is MSN dialup. My new computer has...

How to accept emails for non-exchange users?
When just using the IIS SMTP server, all emails coming in to invalid users at my.domain got put in the drop folder. We had another email system that would look in the drop folder for those .eml files and process them seperately. Now that we've switched to Exchange, any email that comes in for a recipient on my.domain that is not an exchange user is bounced. How can I get it to behave the same as the IIS SMTP server and drop emails not deliverable to exchange users in the drop or bad folder so my other system can grab them? - In Recipient Policy, uncheck "this Exchange Org...

Transaction to read don't show up
My register shows 6 transactions. I Go into the account and they are no where to be found. This just started happening. If I wait a day new transaction are download ,for example 4, the transaction to read shows 10, I can see the 4 new ones but the 6 other ones are not there. In microsoft.public.money, Frank Spina wrote: >My register shows 6 transactions. I Go into the account and they are no >where to be found. This just started happening. It is not clear what you mean in differentiating the account and the register. > >If I wait a day new transaction are download ,for ...

How do you point to a named range in linked workbooks?
Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Is this what you're looking for...? In workbook 2 enter "=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$2" in cell A2. Do the same for cells B2 through K2 with the correct respective links. Hope this helps. -Chad "KG" wrote: > Workbook #1 has a range named "Gross Sales" in Sheet1 Cells A2:K2. How can I > point to this range so that I can link it to Sheet1 Cells2:K2 in Workbook #2? Or, if you don't like to ...

SIGNATURE to all of outgoing emails
Dear All I`d like to add a message text as a signature to all of outgoing emails from my Exchange 2000 server please let me know if its possible to do it in server not a client like outlook any hints appreciated Regards Joupin www.joupin.com You can do it within Exchange using an event sink, but generally it's considered easier and also more reliable to get something like www.exclaimer.co.uk to do it for you. >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >I`d like to add a message text as a signature to all of outgoing emails from >my Exchange 2000 server >please let ...

API TO get User Name
What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? >What is an Win32 call to get the user name in the form of COMPUTER\\User ? Have a look at GetUserNameEx NameSamCompatible Dave Hi Michael, Yes, just as David provided, GetUserNameEx will help you to retrieve the user or other security principal associated with the calling thread. If you got a different token other than the current calling thread, you may first call ImpersonateLoggedOnUser by passing the token to impersonate the token in the current thread and then use GetUserNameEx to obtain the user ...

Calendar at bottom ofBills Summary page not showing on Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Hello, How do I turn on the calendar at the bottom of the bills summary page in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on 64-bit Vista? If I restore the backed up file from 64-bit Vista Ultimate to 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop, I see the calendar. The 'show calendar' box in the lower left is checked in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on both operating systems. On 64-bit just blank page with date in oversize font in upper right. On 32-bit the calendar. Can some one help with the cure? Thanks, in advance, Saul ...

How do I transfer email data from WinXp to Windows 7
I just set up a new computer with Windows 7 and need to transfer my email folders and emails contained therein from my old computer which has outlook express in WinXP. I would prefer to transfer the data with a USB flash drive as I have no cables or other perhipherals to utilize another method. I've checked the internet and tried several methods suggested therein but nothing has worked. Moreover, theres no reference with regard to transferring from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7), if that has any bearing on my ability to effect the transfer. This may not b...

refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email
Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM. Has anybody found a good workaround? Maybe an automatic screen refresh or some sort of notification? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks. ...

Change Name of Command Button
How can I change the name of a command button to text entered in cell a1? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477556 try this highlight the cell edit-copy right click commandbutton while in design mode click <properties> highlight name now edit -pastespecial hit enter toggle design mode "comotoman" <comotoman.1x5sih_1129741514.3488@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

showing last memo entry in report
Hello, I have a db that tracks projects and their details. I have a memo field entitled 'Notes' which is used to enter project data. This field can be quite large as notes can be added on various dates. To keep track of the dates that a particular note was added I simply put in the after update field on the form the following code to add in the date that a note was added: Me.Notes = Me.Notes & " -* " & Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") & "*" & vbCrLf I currently have a report that I run for the project details and what I would like is not to ...

Payee name field too small
When downloading transactions from my PNC Bank account, all check card purchases appear as, "CHECK CARD PURCHASE XXXXXXXX1583". Obviously the purchase amount appears as well however, unless I go to the banks website and pull up my statement, there is no way for me to know who the actual Payee is. Is there a way to make Money 2005 IGNORE these first 32 characters when reading the downloaded transactions? That way I would be able to set up a more efficient and accurate Payee list & Rules Manager without having to go to the web and look up each individual transaction. In ...

how can I enter 453. to show as 453 instead of 4.53 when using th.
I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as 4.53 But when I want to enter 60 and I enter 60. I get .60 Any thoughts? Enter 60. with the decimal point at the end. In article <B343D637-7039-48CA-AB16-6B389D3A441A@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want > to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as >...

Comcast Email
Well it looks like Comcast telephone "techs" know less than I thought. If you are using a Comcast high speed account away from your home you are supposed to set up different server ports than if you are using it at your home account. http://faq.comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?name=17717&cat=Email&subcategory=Outlook%20Express It took 6 telephone "techs" and 3 weeks to finally get this information from a family friend! My daughter has her own Comcast account but she is using her email from the account at my house she used when she lived there. Comcast said it will work fi...

Laptop to Desktop reading email
we have a desktop set up and all email comes in through it, the laptop can not read what the emails are...........why You allready posted this on the 28th, so far you have failed to answer the question posed in that first responce. "blonde needing help" <blondeneedinghelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FB2E117-8964-4BC2-A2E4-1EA98083DBC1@microsoft.com... > we have a desktop set up and all email comes in through it, the laptop can > not read what the emails are...........why ...

Emails delayed in queue,The remote server did not respond to a con
Hello all, running sbs 2003 exchange 2003 standard. I have this issue that has me stumped. It seems emails being sent from our users are getting delayed being sent out.They recieved by queue immidately, and just sit there for a long time (2+hours) When I try to force connect in exchange manager I get "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." I do have a reverse DNS file in place with the ISP. It seems to affect sending to .Mac accounts the most, but a lot of other emails to different addresses seem to get delayed. Any help or advice would be much appreciated...