How do I sort inbox on two columns

A person can sort the inbox by (for example) clicking on the top of the date
colun.  After a few seconds the list is sorted by date.  Click on the from
column and after a few seconds the list is sorted by "from"  but what if I
would llike to sort by from within date  or date within from, or any other
combiation of two columns.   How can I do that?

View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> Group By: From-> Sort: received

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A person can sort the inbox by (for example) clicking on the top of the
> date
> colun.  After a few seconds the list is sorted by date.  Click on the from
> column and after a few seconds the list is sorted by "from"  but what if I
> would llike to sort by from within date  or date within from, or any other
> combiation of two columns.   How can I do that?

Roady
1/29/2010 6:23:48 PM
Hey Keith,

First, sort by the first criterion, such as From, by clicking on the column
head. Then hold the Shift key down as you click on a second heading.

See this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook/HA011499831033.aspx

Sydney.

Sydney,
Thank  you very much.
Keith

"Sydney" wrote:

> Hey Keith,
>
> First, sort by the first criterion, such as From, by clicking on the column
> head. Then hold the Shift key down as you click on a second heading.
>
> See this link:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook/HA011499831033.aspx
>
> Sydney.

Robert,
Thanks very much.
Keith

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> Group By: From-> Sort: received
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > A person can sort the inbox by (for example) clicking on the top of the
> > date
> > colun.  After a few seconds the list is sorted by date.  Click on the from
> > column and after a few seconds the list is sorted by "from"  but what if I
> > would llike to sort by from within date  or date within from, or any other
> > combiation of two columns.   How can I do that?

> .

Pleasure Keith :)

"Keith" wrote:

> Sydney,
> Thank  you very much.
> Keith
>
> "Sydney" wrote:
>

> > Hey Keith,
> >
> > First, sort by the first criterion, such as From, by clicking on the column
> > head. Then hold the Shift key down as you click on a second heading.
> >
> > See this link:
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook/HA011499831033.aspx
> >
> > Sydney.

Sorting in Queries
Hi, I am trying to write a query that assigns contributions for each account considered to either East or West depending on which territory has the larger contribution. I am wrote a queryStep1: SELECT [tbl_Transactions].month_end_date, [tbl_Transactions].account, [tbl_Transactions].contribution, [tbl_Transactions].territory FROM [tbl_Transactions] ORDER BY [tbl_Transactions].account, [tbl_Transactions].contribution DESC , [tbl_Transactions].territory; Then wrote queryStep2: SELECT step1.month_end_date, step1.account, Sum(step1.contribution) AS SumOfcontribution, Firs...

Compare two file/colunms, hide row not does not equal list.
Excel 2000 -have two files. File "A" has 1 through 4155 records (rows with three columns) in numerical order. File "B", has a list of almost 200 rows/numbers (one column) from file "A". How can I hide the rows in file "A", not are listed in file "B"? Thanks, Jerry Not sure whether you are still monitoring this post, Jerry. Anyway, here's some thoughts ventured .. Conceptually, you should be able to achieve this via setting up a helper col and then autofiltering on the helper. Let's start by simplifying the scenario by having bo...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

One paystub, two paychecks
I work for the U.S. Navy and therefore receive my paychecks from Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). The way DFAS pays me is like this: -On the first day of the month, DFAS projects how much I'll earn that month in base pay, how much I'll pay in taxes, additional deductions/allotments, and then comes up with my Net Pay for the month. Pretty straightforward. -On the 15th of the month, DFAS pays me -half- of my projected Net Pay for that month. -On the last day of the month, DFAS pays me the other half. At that point I get a paystub which reflects my income, taxes, ...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

deleted emails in outlook 2007 return back in the inbox
A user deletes emails and then after a week, the deleted emails show back in the inbox. Help? "Roy@bnl.gov" <Roybnlgov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF9BE735-98B5-488E-9CB1-35757A71FA80@microsoft.com... >A user deletes emails and then after a week, the deleted emails show back >in > the inbox. Help? Are you sure it is the same thing or are they actually just similar things - like spam that you get more than once for example? Secondly, if you are at a Govt installation, is this happening because of email being restored by someone at the ser...

Question on Sorting by (date, etc)
I have a column (A) which sre dates. If I select the column heading and click either the sort ascending or desending button, the date column alone sorts independent of the other eight columns that comprise the entire entry. How would I go about being able to sort by a particular column and have everything sort with it? I have other columns that I would like to sort by sometimes too, like "color", "type", etc. Thanks for reading! select all the columns and now go to data | sort . On Feb 20, 11:21=A0pm, "Ed" <2...@333.com> wrote: > I have a column...

Column lines
Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. how do i correct this. thanks Got to Tools>Options and check the box next to Gridlines "Scudo" wrote: > Was using someones PC today and the excel spreadsheet only had row lines and > did not have column lines, this is the lines that make up the `boxes`. I did > open a new spreadsheet but they are all formatted the same. > > how do i correct this. &...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #3
Gord you're a genius! Thanks so much - that works a treat! Sorry I didn't get back to yo last night - I'm in London and it was past my bedtime. The reason I'm copying the headings into the rows by the way, is that have a database which I want users to be able to search, and it's easie if I just have have one column listing all the Amenities for each hotel rather than 120. Incidentally, my next move is to now merge all the cells in each ro into one, with the amenities separated by spaces. I've just downloade a "Merge Cell Wizard", which has accomplished th...

Sorting Area with Merged Cells
In the area A23:G30, each row contains merged cells of column B, C, D, E and F apart from each other row in the area. I get a "This operation requires that merged cells to be identically sized" error when running this macro. Even using the Data/Sort from the File menu gives me this error. How would I sort an area containing rows with merged cells? Also, the cells must remain (or return to being) merged after this operation. I appreciate the previous help concerning clearing the contents from merged cells using ActiveCell relative references. Unfortunately, my email/newsgroup ...

Linking two cells in two books
Hi, I have two workbooks. In Book1, I want A2 to be exactly the same as B1 in Book2. The problem is that every night, I run a program which updates Book2, inserting a new row 1, so the value in B1 is now pushed down to be the value in B2 and a new value is inserted into in B1. I want this new value in B1 to be reflected in A2 (Book1). That is, for A2 (Book1) to always be the same value as B1 (Book2), even when B1 becomes a new row with a new value. I thought I would be okay if I used dollar signs, so for A2 in Book1, I have: ='[Book2.xls]AA'!$B$1 But it doesn'...

Sorting does numbers in weird order
I was given a worksheet that I need to sort in numerical order. The cells contain both letters and numbers (e.g., VL 1087). The problem is that it sorts them like VL 1, VL 10, VL 100, VL 1000, VL 1001, etc. VL 16 is after 159 etc. Kind of like dewey decimal system without the decimals. I have tried reformatting the cells to text, numbers, general. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? The easiest way is to insert two temporary helper columns next to th numbers column. Then - seperate the VL from the numbers, using Data Text-to-columns. Now you have a number column you can sort by, an a...

Can a standard column in MS Project be permanently hidden
We need to hide the Std Rate column in the resource views in MS Project for certain project managers (due to contractual requirements) so we are trying to determine if we can just hide it from everyone. We need to make it so it can't be added back. Even though it would be possible to set up a task and add 1 hour and look at the cost to get the rate, the requirement is that the Std Rate field be hidden. Is this something that is possible? This is for Project Server 2007 SP2 and MS Project Pro 2007 SP2. This is a frequently asked question and I'm afraid the answer is still ...

How do I sum dollars in one column based on dates in another?
How can I sum the total numbers contained in one column based on dates in another column? Example: I need the total of 5 units sold int the month of January 2006. I have the sale ammounts in one column and the closing dates in another. What forumla would I use for this? Thanks in advance for any help. =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(B2:B50)=1),--(YEAR(B2:B50)=2006),A2:A50) for January change 1 in the month part to a different month -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Alan" <Alan@discus...

Sorting with Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column of URL links. When I sort on a different column of information, the links to not sort with the rest of the data...the URL letters change, but the link itself does not. Exampl How can I get the links to sort with the rest of the data JT Are you sure you are selecting the whole range, INCLUDING the column with the links when you do your sort. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Sort across a table
I have a table with theese records: SpillID SumBS SumGG SumBB SumBH 1 66 42 53 21 2 60 22 35 32 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 10 4 46 5 -8 53 17 -1 6 39 18 49 53 7 17 50 54 34 8 24 53 38 56 9 25 44 35 53 10 55 11 -9 32 Are there a way that Access that can present these data sorted like this: SpillID 1 66 53 42 21 2 60 35 32 22 3 52 21 20 14 4 59 46 10 4 5 53 17 -1 -8 6 53 49 39 18 7 54 50 34 17 8 56 53 38 24 9 53 44 35 25 10 55 32 11 -9 Any answer will be highly valued. hi, On 15.02.2010 12:14, The Viking wrote: > I have a table with theese records: > Spil...

Searching Columns
I have a box (cell) at the top of the page in which I want it to search a column for the latest date. Once it finds the latest date it takes the data from a cell in the same row as the latest date. Can this be done? If so, how? Aviator You can use a formula like: =MAX(C:C) to find the biggest date in column C (if column C contains nothing but dates) To return the value in the column D that matches the biggest date: =INDEX(D:D,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)) Debra Dalgleish has some nice notes for =index(match()) at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aviator wrote: > > I have a...

Sort By Account Name in Activities
Does anyone know if this is possible? I have tried customising through : http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001903}but this only allows you to add 6 field names that i don't want. Is there a way to add "Company Name" to the list of columns i can add or is there another way around this?ThanksSimon ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, i'm using outlook 2003 with my pop3 company account, with all my personal forlders, account, calendar ,etc... I'm using an exchange account with another company via OWA, with its shared and personal folders ... Can i use both account in Outlook 2003 ??? i tried but i can only use one "personal folders" shared by two accounts ... i want to take accounts separated in toe root "Personal Folders". hope explain it clearly ! ugh! thanks in advance for ideas and support roy Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php you wou...

Slow sorts on Excel
I have a spreadsheet that I created a custom macro to sort certain columns in a workbook. For some reason after I have the workbook open for any extended period of time (saving and updating periodically) the sort will go from taking about 1.5 seconds to about 10 or 15 seconds. Once it takes 10 or 15 seconds I have to close the spreadsheet down and re-open to get back to the 1.5 second sort (I don't have to close Excel). Does anyone know why this may be hapening? I know it's ugly code and can be cleaned up...my main question is what could be causing the slow down. Thanks, Ryan Her...

can't get my inbox to open
When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the following message appears: C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook|Debbie S.pst. Quit all mailenabled applications, and use the Inbox Repair tool. When I try to use the repair tool it won't work Help! MY FRIEND TRY DETECT AND REPAIR OUTLOOK USE YOUR OFFICE CD .. AND TRY 2 SEE IF YOU CAN GET INTO INBOX OK.. GOODLUCK MICHAEL KHAN >-----Original Message----- >When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the >following message appears: >C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application >...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

Can I make column width and row height equal (a grid) in Excel?
I'd like to use a worksheet like a piece of graph paper. Is there any simple way to set the column width and the row height to form perfect squares in a worksheet? Buzz MS Office Excel Template for graph paper........ http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010183751033.aspx If you want to "roll your own"....... Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions your approximation can be off. If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you then convert to inches at 25.4 mm per inch.......... Ole Erlandson has code for set...

how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.
I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns that I need. Thanks in advance Select the first blank row, hit Shift+Ctrl+Down arrow. Edit-->Delete. Select the first blank column, hit Shift+Ctrl+Right arrow. Edit-->Delete Save. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "lindaY" <lindaY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA1DB0B-002C-4C0C-A241-5BAC704869B6@microsoft.com... > I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns > that I need. > > Thanks in...

Preserving formatting of merged cells when hiding columns
I have a spreadsheet that contains columns that my supervisor wants to keep hidden when sending out to contacts. The problem is, there are some merged cells further down the sheet that spread across those columns, and hiding the columns messes up their formatting. Is there a way to avoid this? merged cells are the bane of Excel, figure out how to do without them. Nick Xylas wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that contains columns that my supervisor wants to > keep hidden when sending out to contacts. The problem is, there are > some merged cells further down the sheet that spread across ...