How do I set up a repeating weekly email in outlook?

I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
reminder with out having to repeat the process every week.  Is there a way to
perform this action?

DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote:

I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve
as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week.  Is there a
way to
> perform this action?

Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this.  There are two
possible solutions.

1.  Write a script that sends the message using VBScript.  Schedule it
to run using Windows' built-in task scheduler.  Outlook does not have to
be left running for the script to run.  If you are using Outlook 2003 or
earlier, then there are security issues you'll have to deal with.

2.  Write a script that sends the message using VBA.  Create a second
script that is triggered by an Outlook task reminder.  This script calls
the script that sends the message.  Outlook will have to be left running
for this to work.  As with the first option, if you are using Outlook
2003 or earlier, then there are security issues you'll have to deal with
for this to work.

--
TechnicLee
TechnicLee's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1791

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
TechnicLee
4/23/2010 6:35:08 PM
DDPARTIN1 wrote:

> I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week.  Is there a way to
> perform this action?

Outlook has no inate ability to repeatedly send the same e-mail.  Outlook is
extensible by adding VBA macro or installing add-ons; for example:

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp
0
VanguardLH
4/23/2010 8:06:51 PM

You can adapt this VBA example:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=10&cmd=showitem

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:36:01 -0700 schrieb DDPARTIN1:

> I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week.  Is there a way
> perform this action?
0
Michael
4/26/2010 7:29:41 AM
"DDPARTIN1" <DDPARTIN1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a
> reminder with out having to repeat the process every week.  Is there a way
> perform this action?

See this in addition to the other suggestions:
http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/recurringmail.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Set request parameters for web services

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

outlook 98 corperate forms