How do I send an email to a group?

Outlook 2007
Vista SP-2

Along time ago I had a problem using a distribution list and was told that
the feature is obsolete and no longer really works because of it.  I was told
to use the new Groups feature because Groups can do anything!

Well, now I have all my contacts broken up into groups in my email
application and I wanted to send them an email:

First, I noticed that my address book does not show my contact's group.

Second, I went into my "Contacts", selected the contacts and dragged them
into the "To:" section of an email.  To my surprise, EVERY DETAIL of those
contacts got pasted into this field.  Useless.

Third, I selected my contacts in "Contacts", I right clicked to select the
"New Mail" message, but there was no "New Mail" option!

So in conclusion:
1) Did Microsoft decide to implement any purpose to groups other than
drawing a pretty color next to the contact's name in my Contact view?

2) Why on earth is it so difficult for an EMAIL APP to send an email to this
"distribution list" killer?

3) Why did everyone on that newsgroup direct me to this feature?  I'm really
tired of people on newsgroups giving advice when they have no clue what
they're talking about. I'm certain anyone reading this will also not know and
will also give me a bad answer, so my main reason for writing this is to vent
about Microsoft (yet again) intentionally screwing up their software.

> 3) Why did everyone on that newsgroup direct me to this feature?

That should make you curious, ...

> I'm really
> tired of people on newsgroups giving advice when they have no clue what
> they're talking about.

.... so you might want to think twice before blaming on everyone else.

Do you just want to unload your anger, or do you want to solve the issue?

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:10:01 -0800 schrieb Steve:

> Outlook 2007
> Vista SP-2
>
> Along time ago I had a problem using a distribution list and was told that
> the feature is obsolete and no longer really works because of it.  I was
told
> to use the new Groups feature because Groups can do anything!
>
> Well, now I have all my contacts broken up into groups in my email
> application and I wanted to send them an email:
>
> First, I noticed that my address book does not show my contact's group.
>
> Second, I went into my "Contacts", selected the contacts and dragged them
> into the "To:" section of an email.  To my surprise, EVERY DETAIL of those
> contacts got pasted into this field.  Useless.
>
> Third, I selected my contacts in "Contacts", I right clicked to select the
> "New Mail" message, but there was no "New Mail" option!
>

> So in conclusion:
> 1) Did Microsoft decide to implement any purpose to groups other than
> drawing a pretty color next to the contact's name in my Contact view?
>
> 2) Why on earth is it so difficult for an EMAIL APP to send an email to
this
> "distribution list" killer?
>
> 3) Why did everyone on that newsgroup direct me to this feature?  I'm
really
> tired of people on newsgroups giving advice when they have no clue what
> they're talking about. I'm certain anyone reading this will also not know
and
> will also give me a bad answer, so my main reason for writing this is to
vent
> about Microsoft (yet again) intentionally screwing up their software.
0
Michael

Save attachment if email is from joe
I need to save an attachment to a specific network drive/folder if an email comes from a specific person. I know som excel vba but nothing in access, can u guys help me out? Thanks!~ You can create a rule in Outlook to run a script that might look like this: Public Sub SaveAtt(Mail as Outlook.MailItem) Dim Att as Outlook.Attachment If Mail.Attachments.Count Then Set Att=Mail.Attachments(1) Att.SaveAsFile "c:\" & Att.Filename Endif End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM ...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Send messages in another "Send Items"
I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is placed in my personal "Sent Items". But what I want is the message to be placed in the groupmailbox "Sent Items'. Anyone some ideas? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Thankz Peter Peter <jpmoons@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a personal and a groupmailbox in Outlook(2000). > If I send a message on behalf of de groupmailbox the message is > placed in my personal "Sent Items". > But what I want is the message to be placed in the g...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

Font rendering in emailed newsletter
I have prepared a newsletter using Publisher's templates and it looks great in html (e.g. in Explorer), but when I email it as message body (or view it in the email preview) fonts are not rendered in the same way and the quality is much worse (the font is the same, but it looks as if it has a lower resolution, it does not have the same smooht look). Do you know what may be the cause and how I can address the problem? (Note that I do not want to send the newsletter as an attachment - it has to be the email body), Here is some additional information: - I am using Publisher 2003 and ...

Grouping and Sorting
Hello Im wondering what grouping does? It's in the data dropdown and under group and outline. Also I was wondering if there is a way do sort a table without messing up the dat that is there. I have a table and it it has all the data of x but when I sort in the data shuffle s up and some cells have the message #VALUE! :( :o ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you ever used Data|Subtotals to get subtotals based on the value in a column. You get tho...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Emailing from outlook
I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use hot mail. The messages will just sit in the out box. I have no problem sening messages if I go directly to hot mail and send a message. Any suggestions? Yes - post your version of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Marc asked: | I am having problems sending emails from outlook. We use | ...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

Outlook sending mail... odd issue
Win XP Pro Outlook 2002 Outlook - User is able to create a new message, add any attachment they wish and send the email without any problems. However When the user Right Clicks on an Icon and selects Send To Mail Recipient the new message appears with the attachment, they fill in the TO field and click send. The window goes away as it should and then within 5 seconds the desktop is forzen.. just the desktop. You can Alt Tab to open apps, including Outlook. The Explorer.exe process is getting Hammered. 80+ CPU in Taskmanager. I endtask exporer.exe then launch a new task of it and the issue...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]? Outlook 2003 SP1 sending through wrong account, no hotfix planned ?
Hi, I have discovered today that my Outlook 2003 SP1 is sending some e-mails from the wrong account (because the recipient sees "on behalf of" that I am not using) and after spending a couple of hours searching in Google I have found the following thread where Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] posted some useful information: http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=es&lr=&threadm=3C3F7F03-B617-47B9-894A-AF242EE6BC13%40microsoft.com&rnum=10&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook%2B2003%2BJeff%2BStephenson%2BSMTP%26hl%3Des%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26scoring%3Dd To summarize, the prob...

Cannot delete an email from inbox
Hi there, I'm using Outlook 2000SR2 on a machine running NT4 and have a problem with it. I cant delete this one e-mail and even when i click on it (right and left) and the preview pane is not being used, it freezes the whole system and has to be rebooted. Any ideas on how to get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance Andy ...

OutlookXP keeps trying to send 'delivery reciept' to email account and fails
Hi, I am having problems 'sending and receiving' from Outolook XP. I keep getting the error "Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109)". Looking up this error I understand that Outlook is trying to send a 'delivery reciept' for an email I received from someone. I had selected OK without noticing that the email came from my "Yahoo" email account. I cannot send email through my Yahoo email account from Outlook since Yahoo does not allow it (or I have not figured out how to set up). Now Outlook keeps trying to send out the 'delivery reciept&#...

Cannot send message thru POP3 connection
My email works fine when I connect using my exchange server account, but when I out of office and connect my exchange server using POP3 connection, I can receive email without any problem but I keep receiving undelivery note as follows when I try to send mail to account not on the Global address book. Please help. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 07/01/2004 10:02 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: gareth@hotmail.com on 07/01/2004 9:58 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-I...

Can't send text message to cellphonenumber@txt.att.net
For years I've been able to send a text message to any Cingular (ATT) cellphone via Outlook 2003. Now, all of a sudden, it appears to send but the phone never gets it. I have not installed new software or changed anything about my settings in Outlook. I use Comcast as my provider. I can log into my account online there and it sends just fine. Thanks in advance for your help. annasue;110682 Wrote: > For years I've been able to send a text message to any Cingular (ATT) > cellphone via Outlook 2003. Now, all of a sudden, it appears to send > but the > ...

Outlook won't accept Word as Email editor
I have been successfully using WORD as my email editor in Outlook 2000. I just upgraded to Outlook 2002, and I have lost the option in Outlook 2002 to "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages." The option is grey-out. I have tried to activate by changing the "Compose in this message formt" between the options of Rich text, HTML, and plain text, but this had made no difference. I don't use a signature, as I am aware that this can cause a problem with trying to use WORD as the email editor. I have looked at my WORD options, and everything appears OK. I wil...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

how do you remove the crm tracking reference in email subject lin
The vanilla v3.0 app adds a crm tracking reference into the subject line of outbound email, how do you prevent the crm track being sent with outbound mail to customers? -- colin mann, hawes signs on the crm web server as an administrator go to Settings - Organization settings - System Settings - Email Tracking ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" <ColinMannHawesSigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D236297D-128C-45CA-B99A-5A51AF13B865@microsoft.com... > The vanil...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

Money 04 hangs after sending Epay via MSN Billpay
I'm using Money 2004 and the built in Bill Pay service. Every once in a while when I transmit an Epay, the transaction will successfully complete (I get the required handshake and a valid check number), but Money will freeze up right at the end. Killing it via Task Manager seems to fix it and I can continue. Most Epays work without a problem, this might happen every 10th one or so. The transactions that I was sending right before the freeze are received fine by the bill payment service. Any ideas? TIA ...