How do I open attached jpgs

Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas
it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium.
When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is:
"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Morton

See the following
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
--
Peter

"Morton" <Morton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas
> it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium.
> When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is:
> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer. Please contact your system administrator."

0
Peter

attachment/email size limits
This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there. In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple clients, (and or sites). Do you limit email size or attachment sizes? And if so, what is your limit set to? (I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to the size of individual emails). Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received. Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a regular basis do have limits. Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range. 40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing. Jayjay wrote: ...

.email attachments
I have been getting some emails lately with a .email as the attachment. Outlook Exress won't open these. Any tips? If possible, please respond to my email address listed above. Thanks. Rename them to *.eml. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, D...

Saving an Attachment
I am trying to make up a rule in Outlook 2002 to take every message with Subject "ACT! Sync" and save the attachment to a particular folder, then delete the message... I'm sure I have to write a script or perform a custom action, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. can somebody help? There are some utilities that will do that here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm ExLife is one notable. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questio...

attachments in inbound messages do not decode #2
I have a problem with an exchange 5.5 server (on NT 4 box). All of a sudden message attachments from a specific outside domain do not decode. See below the attachment just shows up has junk. How do you fix this? Other interesting thing if I forward (either internal or external) the message to anyone the attachment works fine. I have searched but haven't found any pertinent ports. Paul ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > -----Original Message----- > From: Nolan, Pati > Sent: Friday, November 11...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

double opening files
When I try to open an Excel file, MS Excel seems to open the document twice, thereby creating an error the second time it opens and will only open a read-only document saying someone else has it open. Is this is BUG and is there a PATCH I can download? This is with MS Excel 97 on an NT platform thanks Elaine ;) I got a similar problem using Excel 97 on an Windows XP machine, which was soved by uninstalling then reinstaling Excel 97. hth AndyO "elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0c01c3b03f$cdbd2860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try ...

Attachment problems #2
When someone in our office sends an e-mail from their Mac with an attachment(e.g. a jpeg file) those of us with PC's can't open it. However, if one of us with a PC can access the file, we can attach the file and send to everyone (and they can open it). What's going on? ...

error opening ppt file
I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text converter is installed for this file type. karan In article <a888f8cd-1391-4124-80c0- 631197290d7a@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Guddu wrote: > I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created > by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text > converter is installed for this file type. Have a look here: "PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]"...

In what order do installed AddIns open?
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying another tack... To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always opens before my Engine AddIn. Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation, position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes that will forever remain a mystery? Br, Nick. First Com...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

Why are emails all attachments
For some reason over the last few weeks every email I recieve has the eamil in the body of the message as well as an attachment with a notepad version of the email. Regardless of who's sending it. Any ideas? It's a little annoying seing attachments for every email. What version of Outlook? Have you rebooted Windows lately? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, HotRod asked: | For some reason over the last ...

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

vb script for opening notepad
Hi, I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for opening notepad in vista using windows shell Thanks VB baby "Melvin" <whereismelvin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:41a15213-b062-41f5-8525-7eb95c68864a@s22g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for > opening notepad in vista using windows shell What version of VB are you planning to use? This group is for VB classic(VB6 or lower) which is very different from VB.Net(sometimes called VB 2005/2008). If this ...

Outlook help
Hello. After years of using Outlook on my Windows XP machine, now I get the following error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Can anyone help? Where is the actual data kept? Can I retrieve it? Can you open Outlook in Safe Mode by using the /Safe switch? If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Cash Drawer won't open on transaction
Our client just replaced a PC after a H/D failure and everything is back up and working other than the cash drawer. It's connected to a Star SP200 serial printer on COM1. The printer works fine. The printer and the drawer both test fine from the Star OPOS configuration utility. Also, both are visible and test fine from the device screen in Store Ops (Shift + Ctrl + F5). We've already removed and reinstalled the Star drivers and tried a couple different versions. So now what...? BMI, Did you install Star's Cash Drawer OPOS driver too? Look in the Star folder for the Cash ...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

OUTLOOK Attachment Filter
How do I modify, turn-off, or override the stupid Outlook attachment filter? If I want attachments to be blocked, I want to have the choice, not this program from Microsoft. I've already lost one important attachment. How do I get around it, or kill it outright? JWeinberg The PCMagazine site has a tip that deals with this. It requires you to edit the Registry. (www.pcmag.com/tips/) is the site. Outlook 2002 keeps you from opening attachmentw with extension like .exe or .bat because of the potential for viruses. If you are comfortable editing the system Registry, you can tell...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

Send large attachment
I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS with Outlook 2007 from Office Pro 2007. Until a few days ago, I had no problems with Outlook sending or receiving large pdf attachments. I do not remember installing any new add ons, deleting any add ons or doing anything with Outlook. Now, Outlook will not send a large (more than 1 Mb) pdf file. the email sits in outbox until outlook says that there is a server error on my email account. Sometimes this may take 15 minutes to generate the error message. I am unable to delete the email from the outbox without the right click, move to delete. th...

Can't send attachments in Outlook
One of our users just had Office XP installed. When he tries to send an .rtf file that he received in an e-mail by opening it, modifying it, then using the file menu, Send To, e-mail recipient as an attachment, the message gets sent back to his Inbox but not to the addressed recipient. If he saves the file to his hard drive and tries sending using the same method, he gets "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure". Can you help with this please? Thanks, Sandy M ...