how do I get the FROM field to not show

I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro.
when she starts a new email she has:
CC:

How do I get rid of the "From:" field?

She has no idea how she turned it on and I can't see how to turn it off....

Thanks

Kelvin

0
Kelvin

"Kelvin" <me@mydomain.com> wrote in message

>I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro.
> when she starts a new email she has:
> CC:
>
> How do I get rid of the "From:" field?

If she's using the Outlook editor to compose messages, she should open a new
message window and click View, then uncheck "From Field".  If she's using Word
for her editor she should click the arrow to the right of Options and uncheck
"From Field".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Puting all the null field to 0
Is there anyway to use code to make all the empty/null field update to 0?Thanks for help. You can use an Update query to convert Null values to zero, e.g.: UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = 0 WHERE MyField Is Null; Before you do that, you might wish to consider why this is needed. If it is just that you are having difficulty handling the nulls, see: Nulls: Do I need them? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-11.html Alternatively, if you just need this for a particular situation, you can use Nz() or IIf() as a calculated field in a query to substitute zeros for nulls in that context. ...

USer Di & TImeStamp in Notes Field??
I have the following Code onChange for an Addtional Information Nvarchar Field I am trying to put this at the end of the text after each time I save it, so it can tell me the time of day and the User who entered it. But what it does, is just give me the Date and timeStamp and deletes the text I typed in. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks // To Get the System Date and Time var d=new Date(); var curr_day=d.getDate(); var curr_month=d.getMonth(); var curr_yr=d.getYear(); var curr_hr=d.getHours(); var curr_min=d.getMinutes(); var curr_date=curr_day+"/"+curr_month+"/"+...

How do I refresh a PivotTable and remove outdated page field entr.
After refreshing a pivot table in Excel 2000, page fields values include those that were in the old pivot table data but are absent from the refreshed data. For instance, a page field button named 'Year' lists 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 as values. However, the data no loger includes any rows for years 1998 and 1999. How do I remove these values without re-creating the pivot table from scratch? There are instructions here for clearing old items from a PivotTable dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html NT wrote: > After refreshing a piv...

Add fields and filters to OWA views
Are there any third party apps or updates from MS that expand or make it possible to edit the OWA look, feel, options, layout, or anything else about it? Where can I change the source code? Any suggested links for beginning programmers wanting to change OWA? I expecially need to add some fields and filters to views. PremP ...

Show only unique records in duplicated field
Hello, I need to limit repeated (but not duplicated) records in a query. Here's my structure: tblCompanies *CompanyID CompanyName tblCategories *CategoryID CategoryName tblCategoryAssignment *CatAssignmentID CompanyID CategoryID This structure allows a company to be assigned more than one category. I want to be able run a query searching for companies that belong several categories, i.e. show me all companies that have category assignments of either software or nonprofit. Something like TechSoup would come up twice. I'm interested in viewing the company names, not necessari...

File not getting deleted.
Hi, In my application I am downloading a files with the help curllib library. After downloading I am calculating the MD5 of for the file and checking it with MD5 I am having if that is not getting matchaed then I am deleting the file. Now I am facing a problem that, with certain files when downloaded and MD5 is not getting matched they are not getting deleted. after download I am closing the file with fclose() (it returns success in all the cases) and then deleting with SHFileOperation() api. With cases where file is not getting deleted my observation was fclose() was taking 5-6 second...

Network Dialog box keeps showing up
Any idea when I add a new email account (so I now have 2) to my Outlook 2002, I get a "Network Dialog Box" that shows up everytime I check my emails. It will not go away until the system is done checking and receiving emails. It's rather annoying as it just appears in the middle of everything I do and stays for quite some time. ANY IDEAS? ...

fields in the RecordSource
I get a runtime 2465 error in attempting to reference one of the fields in the RecordSource of a report. E.g., Dim intCount As Integer intCount = Me.CountField Access can't find the referenced field, "CountField". Yet, using the "Me." autofill shows all the field names in the RecordSource of the report. What am I missing? Bill Which event is being used to run that code? If it's the Open event, the report's fields are not available to the VBA code at that time. You more likely want to use the Format or Print event of a section of the report that might...

Using variable in field name
Hi. I have a table whose fields are named boolType00, boolType01, boolType02, ..., boolType19. I need to make a loop and real all of the 20 fields. Something like: Dim i1 As Integer i1=0 While i1 < 20 Debug.Print MyTable!boolType"i1" i1=i1+1 Wend Is there a way to do it? Thanks H. Martins If you OpenRecordset, you can refer to the field in the recordset like this: Debug.Print rs.Fields("boolType" & i1) If you need help with using a recordset, see: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample Lots of repeating fields like that usua...

adding user defined fields in RM Detail Aged TB
Hi! Is it possible to include the fields entered in Sales User-Defined Fields Entry window in the RM Detail Aged TB - Options report in report writer? Thanks, Mel ...

Getting started tabs
I installed the getting started tab in MS Office 2007 and it does not show up when I open word . The same for Powerpoint and Excel. Any ideas? See the "Important before you download:" information at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=F587370C-FDAE-4EDE-B528-AC58031A5DFF&displaylang=en -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73D97D3-F091-4F5F-AB24-B...

Best way to set up Query to get a percentage
I have a "classified" field that is a yes/no check box to determine if a supplier has been classified or not. I need to get the sum of suppliers that are and are not classified and then I need to get a percentage of suppliers who is and who isn't classified from the total suppliers. I also want to be able to chart this without exporting to Excel. Any ideas on the best way to set this up? Marc - You can do that in a query. Change the fields and table names to be yours: SELECT Sum(IIf([Classifed],1,0)) AS Yes_Count, Count(SupplierID) AS Total_Count, Sum(IIf([C...

Expired date to show up automatically
In our company we have safety harnesses and they need to be recertified every year. I Would like to put the date in and then for it to show up as expired in a year with a different colour. There must be a way to do this with a formula or something? Thanks Use conditional formatting>Cell vale>Less than and enter =DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) -- Ian -- "renate" <renate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB15DB4B-53E2-4CC1-B8C0-300F6008774B@microsoft.com... > In our company we have safety harnesses and they need to be recertifie...

Newbee Q: How to make search field in excel sheet?
Hi. I am using Excel in a rather stupid way. I work in sales and have all my company leads in here, so I can keep them in check. What I would like to have though, is a field where I can type part of a company name, and then the Excel ark goes to the first cell that matches... It seems so simple, but I have almost never used Excel before, so I'm lost... Any quick tips out there? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have you tried Edit / Find? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03...

Shared database not showing on all computers
Hi, thanks in advance for your assistance. We have 4 computers sharing a main database maintained on our server thru the Microsoft Exchanger Server, using Outlook 2007. I have full permissions to add/update remotely from the server . Problem is: each computer shows a different number of contacts in that same folder and recently added contacts are not visible. I have tried restarting Outlook and the computer, did not help. An extensive look online for assistance with this brought up nothing to even guide me in the right direction. I have checked sharing permissions and...

How to get back deleted mails?
hi I've deleted mails in my Outlook, and someone else has emptied my outlook mail garbage. Is there any way to get those mails back? Or maybe a tool to scan the disk and getback all the deleted files? Or any other solution. Thanks http://www.recovermyfiles.com/Recover_deleted_email.html http://www.iolo.com/sr/tool.cfm?tool=22 "mastergoddot" <mastergoddot@free.fr> wrote in message news:0c1d01c3a214$dc2258f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hi > > I've deleted mails in my Outlook, and someone else has > emptied my outlook mail garbage. > > Is there any way ...

PivotChart, How to show Grand Totals in the chart?
I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this accomplished? Thank you I don't know of a way to include the grand total in a PivotChart. You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Kristin wrote: > I want my grand totals to show in my pivotchart, how can I get this > accomplished? > > Thank you -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book L...

Outlook shows all messages as "attachment"
Hi, I have an problem, that Outlook Express shows all the messages as attachement. Nothing else on preview panel, but "ATT00013.TXT" type attachements. Even if the email is surely text-only, this happens. I've got no idea, how to fix this. Anyone got any ideas? ...

find maximum value in range of fields
Hello Could someone advise/assist with the following: I have fields like the following: Badge Date 1 Badge Date 2 Badge Date 3 etc... to Badge Date 7 What I would like to have happen is when a new badge date is entered the badge dates would cascade -- dropping the oldest date and cascading badge dates -- ( i.e. Badge Date 1 would be the newly entered date - Badge Date 2 would be the date previously in Badge Date 1 - previously in Date 2 goes to Date 3, etc...) OR The ability to pull the maximum ( most current date) from the Badge Date fields. Basically I want to keep the last 7 dates fo...

when i type 5 then it shows.006
hi all i am new to excel,i was making some sheet and when i type number 5 or any number it show.005,please let me know what to do Hi, Highlight the cells, right click on the mouse, format cells, number, choose your preference "gauri" wrote: > hi all > i am new to excel,i was making some sheet and when i type number 5 or any > number it show.005,please let me know what to do In addition to Eduardo's suggestion, you might check Tools - Options - Edit, and make sure you don't have "Fixed decimals" activated. -- Best Regards, Luke M ...

Outlook on XP is showing emails but not any appointments, help!
To elaborate, I have configured my outlook client so that it receives/sends emails and that works, but I can't see any of the appointments on my calendar. I have outlook set up at work, and that works fine, but now trying to do it from home. thanks! ...

Sending mail to many users using the to-field.
Hi I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. All users getting the mail sees all other users in the to-field. Is it possible to hide other recipients without using the bcc? Tor-Magne Other than using the BCC field you can try using a mass mail tool to send individual items to each of the recipients like the ones shown here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/massmail.asp "Tor-Magne" <tttms@online.no> wrote in message news:uku9uHTVJHA.1788@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using outlook2003/2007 and exchange server 2003/2007. > All users g...

"Too many fields defined" error message
I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. There are 256 columns in the Excel 97 spreadsheet, all containing data. How do I correct this in Excel 97? It's a bug. There's a bit of information in the following MSKB article: BUG: Cannot Import Excel 97 Spreadsheet with 256 or More Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=207446 Godzilla wrote: > I received a "Too many fields defined" error message when > importing an Excel 97 spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. > There ...

vbscript to get photos from ldap provider
Hi All.... I'm trying to connect to an ldap provider and pull user photos and save them to file. The vbscript i'm using runs fine (kinda sorta). It does connect and pull the photos out and saves them to file, but it only pulls the first 500 users and then I get this error "Provider: The size limit for this request was exceeded." I've tried playing around with the provider and page size to no avail. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice! ################################################################### ' Set path to save picture slocal=&quo...

Error message consistently shows and shuts down entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I get the following error message when I open entourage and then entourage closes itself down: Microsoft Sync Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.&quot; Clicking the &quot;More Information&quot; button gives me the information I'll paste in at the end of this email. Please help me -- I googled the error but the answers were too techy for me to figure out. Right now I can't read/send emails or schedule meetings. Than...