How do I export and inport files in Office 10 Beta?

Just downloaded Office 10 Beta.  Having trouble finding the export and inport
files function.  Is it there yet?

"oleomag" <oleomag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just downloaded Office 10 Beta.  Having trouble finding the export and
> inport
> files function.  Is it there yet?

If you are wanting to connect to a pst file - just open it - do NOT use
import.

0
Gordon
1/3/2010 8:46:47 AM
It is there, but I can't think of any reason to use it. Why do you need it?
I suspect you don't.

--
Russ Valentine
"oleomag" <oleomag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just downloaded Office 10 Beta.  Having trouble finding the export and
> inport
> files function.  Is it there yet?

0
Russ
1/3/2010 11:23:57 AM
oleomag wrote:

> Just downloaded Office 10 Beta.  Having trouble finding the export and inport
> files function.  Is it there yet?

Microsoft Office 2010 forums
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010
0
VanguardLH

Convert Access File to exe?
This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in tracking their stock investments. Is there a way to complile this file and make it a stand alone file since not all of my clients have Access? Thanks! Ed Hawley "Ed Hawley" <hawl1039@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23JhFU%23qvHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access > that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in > tracki...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Office Assistant
I just installed Office:Mac 2004. I had been using Office for System X. What happened to the alternative assistants. I used to be able to select from many, now there is only one -- Max? Can these be downloaded? On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:06:11 -0500, wilock@optonline.net wrote (in article <759601c483dd$3d485c60$a601280a@phx.gbl>): > I just installed Office:Mac 2004. I had been using Office > for System X. > > What happened to the alternative assistants. I used to be > able to select from many, now there is only one -- Max? They're not on the CD anymore :-\ You ca...

Entourage Office 2004 For Mac
I need to export data from my Filemaker Pro 8.5 contact database and then import them into my Addresses in Entourage - when I import the text file ( either comma separated or tab separated ) formats into Entourage, each field has a quotation mark before and after each field. How do I eliminate the quotations marks? Check out Paul Berkowitz's "Export-Import Entourage" script package. http://www.scriptbuilders.net/search.php?search_str=Export-Import+Entourage On 12/16/07 9:49 AM, in article 0501df23-0b59-4bd7-ba99-9faeea75c282@w40g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, "george@georgeande...

Sharing Contacts 10-06-06
How do you view shared contacts in your outlook contacts folder? i am sure this is just a New user stupic question... Thanks! -- Jhenderson_Marketing By shared contacts, do you mean CRM contacts? If so, then clicking CRM > Synchronize should sync the CRM contacts you can see into your Outlook contacts folder. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jhenderson_Marketing" <JhendersonMarketing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F343F867-87E1-4FB9-8F29-6DC0D0829FF6@microsoft.com... > How do...

Remove Single Quote 03-31-10
I have a listbox on a AC2003 form. I want to perform the following DLookup based on one of the columns/row in the single select listbox. I works great until the target table column contains a single quote. How do I resolve this situation? DLookup("Contents", "OutlookInbox", "Subject = '" & Me.List28.Column(2) & "'") Thanks for your help! On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:11:02 -0700, PeterM wrote: > I have a listbox on a AC2003 form. I want to perform the following DLookup > based on one of the columns/row in the sing...

Private EDB file
Hi, I am working with a client that has SBS2003 and is using Exchange 2003. There are 14 mailboxes with a total size of 4.5GB. When I look at the file size of the private edb, it is at 17GB. Why is there such a discrepancy and what can I do to shrink the size of the edb, so that I don't run into size limit problems. Thanks, Tom you need to perform offline defragmentation on the databases to also take a look at this site for updates SBS http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/downloads/presp1.mspx http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=19 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192...

export email address'
Greetings, Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? Seems that RMS can export limited info. JVM You can either modify the customer list report yourself and add Email as another column or download the Customer List with Email Address from the CusotmerSource Reports Library. http://tinyurl.com/ntuz8 Rob "lax guy" <lax guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF3E34A9-1721-4A91-9792-4D6D8A68AC8C@microsoft.com... > Greetings, > Any one know of a way to export email adress' of my customers? > Seems that RMS can export limited ...

Reg Additional fields in GP 10
Hi All, It has come to my notice, when i maximize a window like customer or vendor maintenance window. i see few additional fields at the bottom of the window which are not editable. i dont see these fields when the windows are in there original size. This i can see in many windows like address window's etc etc some having different colors in it. Is there any use of these fields or is it a coding error???? This is with respect to GP 10.0. Regards Reddy ...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

FREE $5.00
Hello All : See http://www.getfreecard.com and get $5.00 Gift Card for Shell Gasoline absolutely free. And if you intruduce 3 of your friend, I will make it $10.00 Good Luck and enjoy your free Gas card. ...

Transferring files #4
I have re-installed all my software on a new hard disk. (The old hard disk still installed and working). How do I transfer my diary from my old disk to my new disk please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, maybe this sites could help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:edlvnj$9gr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... &g...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

convert money plus files into money 2007
I downloaded the new trailversion of money Plus. Now I do not like the new version of money Plus . I had money 2007, but now I cannot convert my money files from the Money plus version into the Money 2007 version. What can I do? When you converted your M2007 file to M+ there was a screen message telling you that it had made a backup. You *of course* made a note of this!?!? If you didn't go and look for a file *.m16. Rename this as *.mny and reinstall M2007. Of course you will have to reinput all transactions since the conversion. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money F...

Shared file doesn't share
We have a shared file that now gives us a message that someone else is in the file and do we want to open as read only. Anybody know what might cause this? Well... YOu can set the file to read-only by right clicking on the file and choose the properties dialog box to avoi getting this error message. THis will prevent you from modifying the file kanan ...

Office Assistant Custom Comments
I have seen a worksheet in which the Office Assistant gives custom messages about the information to be entered. How do you customize the comments of the Office Assistant? You can use Data Validation to provide messages to the user. If the Office Assistant is visible, the message will display there. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal04.html sylv1501@yahoo.com wrote: > I have seen a worksheet in which the Office Assistant gives custom > messages about the information to be entered. How do you customize the > comments of ...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...

can only see one page of a multiple page publisher file
today can only see the first page of a file in publisher....checked the attributes removed the read only....could not remove from overall i.e. my documents...can pull up on another computer via network and see all....so file appears to be okay...can also print all pages, but can only see and work with page one...HELP.....AND A BIG THANKS TO WHOMEVER!!!! What happens when you try to click on the other pages? Do you have the status bar turned on? (View - Status bar) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "CON" <CON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

MS Office 2008 keeps launching setup assistant
I am caught in the endless loop of trying to open an Office application only to have it quit and launch the office setup assistant, click through to opt in/out of feedback, then auto-update launches, doesn't find any updates, and then I'm back to the desktop. I have this.... http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/06/1211_updater_woes.html and this... http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/05/office_2008_sp1_install_causes_setup_assistant_to_loop.html and things here... http://forums.macnn.com/82/applications/363331/help-office-2008-app-launch-runs/ Nothing has worked. I cannot use of...