How do I empty the "Deleted Items" folder of a personal folder?

Some email goes straight into personal folders, because of the Rules I have
set up.  When I read the mail in a personal folder, and then delete the item,
it shows up in the Deleted Items of that particular personal folder.  How do
I quickly empty the Deleted Items of a personal folder?  Thanks.

Right click it and choose "Empty Folder".

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"twodoggies" <twodoggies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some email goes straight into personal folders, because of the Rules I
> have
> set up.  When I read the mail in a personal folder, and then delete the
> item,
> it shows up in the Deleted Items of that particular personal folder.  How
> do
> I quickly empty the Deleted Items of a personal folder?  Thanks.

0
Roady
2/18/2010 9:38:41 PM
Roady [MVP] wrote:

> Right click it and choose "Empty Folder".

And if you didn't want it to go into the Deleted Items folder in the first
place then use Shift+Del when you delete an item.  That permanantly deletes
the item.  "Deleting" items which moves them into the Deleted Items folder
really isn't deleting the item.  It merely MOVES the item into a different
folder.  Shift+Del will permanently delete them.  Of course, when you
permanently delete an item (using Shift+Del or deleting them from the
Deleted Items folder), it's gone and you won't be able to get it back unless
you restore the .pst file from your backups or use utilities to dig into the
..pst file provided it hasn't been compacted yet.
0
VanguardLH

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

"auto" purging Deleted Items folders without user intervention
Where do I set the Exchange Server to automatically purge people's Delete Items folders after X number of days, without them having to do it automatically? I know I can do it by GPO, but I also remember there being a setting in Exchange that would do it automatically? Create a new Recipient Policy | in Property Pages select "Mailbox Manager Settings". Set policy attributes to delete stuff from Deleted Items after X number of days, or when it reaches Y size, or both. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -------------------------------------...

Retention of Deleted Items messages
I would like to force deleted items to be purged from the Deleted Items folder after a set number (7) of days. To put it another way, I would like a message to stay in a users Deleted Items folder for only 7 days and have the system "empty" it automatically. This is not the same as setting the "Keep Deleted Items for (7 days)" on the Mailbox Store, Limits properties. Same goes for a System Policy for Limits. These affect the retention of "emptied" items, not messages currently in the Deleted Items folder. I cannot find a KB article that addresses this seem...

Size of store and deleted items
As I understand it, Exchange 2003 retains items that have been deleted by users (meaning the user deleted it from their deleted items folder) according to the settings specified in Exchange System Manager on the Mailbox Store > Properties > Limits tab > Deletion Settings > Keep Deleted Items for (days) and Keep deleted mailboxes for (days)". First of all, is this correct, or have I misunderstood the purpose of this setting, or the meaning of "Deleted items"? If the above statement is correct, my question is this: Is there any way to clearly know how much ro...

Deleted item not showing in "Deleted Items"
Has anyone seen this before? I have a user that says he deleted an item from the "Inbox" but it does not show in the "Deleted Items" box. Others items he deleted however do show in the deleted box. Chad Is he holding down the SHIFT key when deleting? That would cause a permanent delete. "Chad" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:g7uodb0234o@enews2.newsguy.com... > Has anyone seen this before? I have a user that says he deleted an item > from the "Inbox" but it does not show in the "Deleted Items" box. Others >...

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0
Hi All! Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called from any form of other projects. -- Thanks and Regards S. Viswanathan Viswanathan wrote: > Hi All! > > Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is > very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called > from any form of other projects. > > -- > Thanks and Regards > S. Viswanathan > > Thanks! Next.... Did you have a particular questi...

Inbox now under deleted items
Some where along the line my inbox is now shown underneath the delete items box. Does anyone know how to get it back outside the deleted items tree? "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042701c3dbb7$24112f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Some where along the line my inbox is now shown underneath > the delete items box. > > Does anyone know how to get it back outside the deleted > items tree? Just click and drag. ...

Setting Deleted Items and Sent Items to auto purge
Can someone please tell me how in Exchange 2007 I can set my deleted items to auto delete after 3 days and my Sent Items to auto delete after 60 days? I have read tons of stuff but have yet you be able to figure it out and we are going live tomorrow. Help! Thanks. Matt - Setup Managed Content Settings for Managed (default) Folders like Deleted Items - Create Managed Folder Mailbox Policies (this dictates how long to retain content in the folder) - Apply the policy to recipients - Schedule the Managed Folder Assistant to run Exchange Server 2007: Why aren't Managed Content Settngs...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

new mails ending up in Deleted Items automatically
One of my colleges at work is experiencing a strange problem. When he receive mails some of them ends up in Deleted Items automatically. I have checked that the build in Junkmail filter is disabled and he has now rules at all that could automove anything - as far as I can see. This happens on his computer only. Any ideas? Application: Outlook 2003 SP2 / WindowsXP SP2 Connection: Exchange 2003 _and_ 2-3 POP3 accounts (receives all mail through pop3 at the moment - we all do that by the way.) /Christian ...

Deleted Items Folder #4
My Deleted Items Folder currently says Deleted Items (41). However when I view it, the message "There are no items to show in this view." appears. I can empty the Deleted Items folder but I cannot retrieve anything from it. jnanderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Deleted Items Folder currently says Deleted Items > (41). However when I view it, the message "There are no > items to show in this view." appears. Asd what View do you have selected? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >jnanderson <anonymous@disc...

rule to move to deleted items after sending, not copy
I send some emails that I want moved to the deleted items folder after being sent. I do not want a copy put there. I want the email to disappear from Sent Items. I see no way to do that. Please help. Disable the generic "Save a copy" option in Outlook. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortoutgoingmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "dgm"...

Archieving Error on MSN Deleted Items
Hi All, I get this message everytime my archieving runs...it says: Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "MSN". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Does anyone know what this means exactly? -- Thanks, Geek using Outlook 2002 Windows XP Home Office XP Professional I get the very same message Outlook 2000. I am a software developer. If I was to display a worthless message like this, I would be fired on the spot. If an error was detected, the program could say what went wrong in the error message. It...

How can I restore my Deleted Items folder?
I have my email setup with IMAP, and while managing my folders I accidentally deleted my "Deleted Items" folder (the default folder created by Outlook). I cannot find any way to restore that folder, or recreate it and direct my deleted items to the new folder. Now when I delete emails they are just gone and I cannot recover them or "undo" a delete. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am now hesitant to delete anything as it will be gone for good if I do. Hi Seth, maybe this posting by Diane Poremsky could be helpfull: "Recover deleted items f...

Win Live mail does not delete mails on server after emptying "deleted items" folder?
Hi. We're using wlm as a mail client at the office and we set all the clients to leave the messages on server. Only one client is set to remove from the server after deleting from deleted items. This method once used to work but now it does not. We have to empty our inbox via the host's web mail application. What should we do, what is wrong with wlm? Should we use another mail client? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. -- australis Support for Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services is available in the Windows Live Solution Center Windows Live ...

Deleted Items Retention
Exchange System Manager -> Administrative Groups -> Domain -> Server -> First Storage Group -> Mailbox Store Properties -> Limits tab -> Deletion settings section In this section, I have the following settings: Keep deleted items for (days): 1 Keep deleted mailboxes for (days): 30 The mailbox management process that is supposed to apply these settings is not doing so. Deleted Items folders in user's Outlook clients never get deleted unless the user manually deletes them. I could really use some help with this one, as I have gone over a dozen or more KB article...

Outlook why does everything go to my deleted items and not inbox?
All of my messages are going into my deleted box and not in my inbox. How do I correct this problem? Flipper;111437 Wrote: > All of my messages are going into my deleted box and not in my inbox. > How do I correct this problem? Make sure you have no rules and make sure you are not scanning incoming messages with an antivirus scanner or some other add-in. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Why put 'junk' mail in Junk E-mail, when it goes into 'Deleted Items' anyway?
OS 10.4.11 Ibook g4 Entourage 11.4.0 Hi, Does putting junk mail into the the junk email icon (pink envelope) first have any more effect on minimizing future junk mail than just deleting it (trash can) the first time around. I put junk into the 'Junk' envelope. Then, when I select/delete it from there, it goes into the 'Deleted Items', where it would have gone right away if I'd just clicked the trash can in the first place. Is there a reason for taking two steps in getting rid of junk mail, instead of one�deleting it? Thanks, Rafael Rafael Mont...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to delete all the cr*p. Is there an Outlook option or a rule that someone can suggest to set up, in a step-by-step fashion, that will combine these three into one? Thanks, Feedscrn By default Outlook only has 1 deleted items folder. What are the other 2? Are they in 2 other personal folders? "feedscrn" <feedscrn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1193150667.085940.208790@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I have to go through three Deleted Items folders in order to > de...

Emptying Deleted Items deletes other messages
After receiving new email and deleting some of them, which moves them to the deleted folder, I right click on the deleted items folder. I select 'empty deleted items folder' and sure enough the items in the folder are removed but so are any new items that I left in the in-box. This cannot be how this is supposed to work. Any ideas? I am using 6.0.6000,16386 under Vista. Igos Are you sure they're being deleted and not hidden? While viewing in the Inbox: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Server Wide
Does anyone know of a command to run that will restore deleted items out of the dumpster into the users Deleted Items folder? Thanks in advance! Exmerge - choose dumpster in the options and uncheck messages and folders. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "VMC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How to reduce size of deleted items.dbx?
I have emptied my deleted items folder several times over the last week, but the size of "deleted items.dbx" remains at 75,000+kb. My server type is pop3 (so I don't have to use Windows Live.) How can I reduce the size of this dbx file? Compact the folder. DAS To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling' -- "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OnRHh3myKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have emptied my deleted items folder several times over the last week, >but the size of "deleted ...

accidentally emptied deleted items folder in microsoft outlook
Does anyone know a way to recover messages after accidentally emptying the deleted items folder in Microsoft Outlook? No I don't have a Microsoft exchange account, but I did backup prior to this on another drive. Problem is I have no idea how to pull out what I want from a single .pst file ??? I just want part of this, I don't want to restore the entire pst file. Damn it this should be easy, there should be an undo function for a period of time or I should be able to locate them in recycle bin or something. note I am running vista with office 2007 open the pst usi...

How do I permanently disable Preview Pane in my Deleted Items folder?
Running Outlook 2002 SP3. I prefer to have the Preview Pane turned off on my Deleted Items, but every few days it comes back. What gives?? ...