How do I cancel an outgoing email - sending for 3 days now

I tried to send an email with 2 photos attached last Friday around 10:  AM.
It is still in my outbox today (Monday).  I can't delete it and keep getting
a message that says that it's because it has already started sending.    It's
been more than 3 days!
I've shut down my email, shut down my computer and even restored to the day
before.  It is still there sending.   As a result, all other outgoing
messages are waiting too.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm should be helpful.

"Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to send an email with 2 photos attached last Friday around 10:  AM.
> It is still in my outbox today (Monday).  I can't delete it and keep
> getting
> a message that says that it's because it has already started sending.
> It's
> been more than 3 days!
> I've shut down my email, shut down my computer and even restored to the
> day
> before.  It is still there sending.   As a result, all other outgoing
> messages are waiting too.

0
neo

Emailing XML direct from Excel
Please help! I have a problem with Excel 2003 and Excel 2002 where if I open an XML Spreadsheet file in Excel and then select File - Send To - Mail Recipient as Attachment, Excel converts the XML to XLS before attaching it. Is there someway I can make Excel leave the document alone so that XML gets sent on? I need to open XML, allow changes to cells, save changes and send as XML to be further parsed etc. This works fine if the XML is opened in Internet Explorer (Excel 2003 only) but not in Excel itself. Could someone please test and tell me if this is happening for them too or whet...

Great Plains 7.5 and Adobe Acrobat- Send to PDF
My office uses Great Plains version 7.5, and recently I had to switch our Great Plains users to new computers. The new machines arrived with MS Office 2003 installed on them. Office 2003 doesn't get along with Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or 5.05 very well. In order to avoid repeated weird Visual Basic errors in Office every time the users opened or closed a file, I was forced to upgrade Acrobat to 6.0. Unfortunately, one of my users likes to use the 'Send to PDF' function when she's run a report in Great Plains. Great Plains doesn't seem to want to do this with Acrobat 6 installed. ...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

Invert Send and Receive
Trying to avoid error 503, I'd like to know whether there is any hidden trick to invert the sequence Send&Receive to Receive&Send Outlook is version 2003 TIA -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ http://www.boincsynergy.com/images/stats/comb-2591.jpg If you go into the Properties of the account and then select More Settings and then Outgoing Server you can specify that you log into the incoming mail server first - is this what you were after! "Ammammata" <ammammata@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message news:mn.6ae67d5a55f1e1a5.37434@tiscalinet.it... > Tr...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

split screen #3
Hello, I want to have a chart on one side of the window that does not move and the data in columns on the other side that does. I split the screen, but both sides move when I move down the worksheet. Thanks. Bill Bill, go to the the Menu bar, and 1-Window > New Window. 2-Window > Arrange > Vertical > Windows of Active Workbook > OK. You will get your workbook in side-by-side windows, each navigable independently of the other. Pretty neat, huh? DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" www.ddmcomputing.com "Bill" <whmc2@ix.netcom.com> wr...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

cannot send any emails all of a sudden
My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. I can receive emails but not send them. I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) they said that outlook 2007 is tagging my email address as supsected spam and not letting the server send it ... they had sme end a completely blank email from outlook - they sent it then sent it back to me showing a line. ... -- Gestrin gestrin wrote: > My email on Outlook 2007 on Vista stopped working all of a sudden. > > I can receive emails but not send them. > > I contacted my isp (shaw in canda) &g...

Macro Security #3
In the process of building an Excel spreadsheet, I added a couple of macros. (Mistake #1, I know.) I don't really need the macros, so I deleted them and saved the file. But now when I go to re-open the file, I get that annoying little "Macros may contain viruses, it is always safe to disable macros, but if the macros are legitimate, blah, blah, blah..." dialog box. (There are no macros listed in the Macro dialog box when I do the ol' Alt+F8.) I know I can reset my security level to high and not have to deal with this, but I don't want to do that; I want Excel to recogn...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

meeting request #3
How is it possible that when I am sending a meetingrequest to someone I receive an Out of Office reply from somebody else? We are using Outlook2000 in Exchange server 5.5 SP3 Thanks. John ...

Emails from Outlook to Hotmail accounts
I have just change my email client from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002. Messages sent to Hotmail addresses are not getting through and produce a message: 550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups] If anyone can tell me how to overcome this I should be most grateful. You may need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account (press the "More Settings..." button on the account page). -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided &quo...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

Multiple emails sent, stays in Outbox
We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have McAfee virus protection and a router for our small office. The account is a POP account. When sending emails with pictures attached or a large number of recipients, the emails sits in the Outbox and shows that is has not been sent. It does not show as having been sent at all, but the recipient receives numerous copies of the one email. I can't figure out if it is Microsoft Outlook or a DSL problem. kathryn wrote: > *We are using a DSL line with Outlook 2002. We have > McAfee virus protection and a router for our small ...

OL2003
OL2003 has suddenly decided to start filtering my mail. I've made NO changes to my Outlook config, and I prefer to use Qurb as my Spam filtering. Junk E-mail filtering HAS NOT responded to changes in it's settings. I've changed to "No Automatic Filtering", but it still filters. Deleted & re-created Outlook profile. I thought I recalled seeing that I had to be using Exchange Cached Mode to use Junk E-mail filtering, and I'm not. Nevermind, another admin installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our Exchange Server without telling anyone....... F*%king ad...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Outgoing email attachments
We currently use Ipswitch's ICS for email here. But I'm interested to know if Exchange is capable of the following (ICS is not) as we're looking for alternatives to ICS: 1. I want to allow all INCOMING emails to users containing attachments (as long they pass anti-virus scans of course). 2. I want to allow all OUTGOING emails from our users containing attachments to within our own domain. 3. I want to block all or some attachments (based on file types) for OUTGOING emails to external domains for certain users - not all users. Of course, this is for security reasons as we ...

HTML now shown as a blank page
I have just accidentally sent all my inbox items to Outlook Express. I have exported them all back to Outlook 2000 (My Default Mail Server) but they are all marked as unread and all the mails that were HTML just show a blank screen. Can anyone please help?? Thanks in Advance Mark ...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

Business Portal 3.0 Breaks SQL Reporting Services
Hi, I had a box with Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2005 with SQL Reporting Services up and running fine. SharePoint was also installed and running fine. Then I installed Business Portal and now SharePoint works, BP works but SQL Reporting Services is broke. I have done an uninstal and reinstall of SQL Reporting Services. Anyone see the error below or know what I should change? Server Error in '/Reports' Application Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the speci...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....