how can I open attachments with several pages to read and print

I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now
becoming annoying.
Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and
print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program, this
change now causes me to  read each page separately by  going  back and
reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time?

willywlm@comcast.net wrote:

NOTE: Do not expose your true e-mail address in newsgroup posts.  Spam bots
harvest e-mail address from Usenet.  Munge your e-mail address or use a
bogus one (but do NOT use someone's registered domain).

> I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now
> becoming annoying.
> Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and
> print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program,

So we have to guess as to what is CS2.  Might that be Adobe PhotoShop CS2?
That's what comes up at the start of the results list on a Google search of
"CS2".

So is the problem happening with "every attachment" for all filetypes, or
just with the attachments supported by CS2?

> this
> change now causes me to  read each page separately by  going  back and
> reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time?

Since Outlook doesn't display attachments, this is not an Outlook issue.
The problem is with Windows and the associations defined for filetypes or
with CS2 usurping either the filetypes that you want to open with something
else or an add-on for CS2 in Outlook that is interferring with the saving or
opening of attachments.

For filetype associations in Windows, go to Folder Options -> File Types and
check what program is associated with the filetypes you was associated with
something other than CS2.  It might only take clicking on the button to
revert to the default handler program.  If a quick click doesn't let you
revert, right-click on the file, select Open With, browse to the program
(handler) that you want to use to open that filetype, and check the option
to remember your choice to thereafter associate that handler with that
filetype.

Maybe CS2 has an option to steal, er, adopt certain filetypes.  So go look
in CS2's user-configurable options to see if there are some related to
filetype associations.  There might even be an option to have CS2 steal back
the enabled filetypes should some other program (or you) attempt to steal
those filetypes.  This is an Outlook newsgroup, not one for Photoshop.
0
VanguardLH
4/23/2010 7:26:43 PM
What file type are the attachments?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"willywlm@comcast.net" <willywlm@comcast.net@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:0EE098F3-1D0F-44E9-B4B2-C7C2E500DB3E@microsoft.com...
> I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now
> becoming annoying.
> Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page
> and
> print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program, this
> change now causes me to  read each page separately by  going  back and
> reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time?

0
Diane

Attachment
Hi gurus I have the following problem, when I try to attach a zip file bigger than 250Kb the action does nothing is like after picking the file to attach nothing happens but when I get file of 113,200KB , there is no problem, the attached zip file is there with no problem can someone help with this strange problem thanks a bunch Any One gurus OL2007 "naguaramipana" wrote: > Hi gurus > > I have the following problem, when I try to attach a zip file bigger than > 250Kb the action does nothing is like after picking the file to attach > not...

Planned Open Market Days

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

Message comes as an attachment

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

Can anyone help ?

Trying to read XML file into dataset

opening .bak file

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

Shared services admin page missing
PS2007 SP2 FebCU and WSS 3.0 SP2 FebCU Installed PS2007 and migrated data on a new dev server with win2k8. Everything is running good and i even got through the migration. However, i cannot build cubes. The error says that it cannot connect to the analysis service Db, then below that is says "provider cannot be found..." I used the technet guide in addition to MSProjectExperts Implementing and Administering MOPS2007 to retrace my steps and it appears that I've not missed any steps. I then noticed that my SharePoint Services Provider admin site is no longer a...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.
hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11". When i set the paper size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers.... how can i correct this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle? also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it look...